Chapter 65 – Valla
107 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before the group could make a plan, sounds of arrows being fired are heard.

The Wretched Mother which they have seen falls to the ground with her head riddled with arrows. The Risen dead who was trying to bite the skeleton for fresh meat was also shot in the head.

Sonya: Looks like someone solved our problem

Sonya looks at Shang.

Shang: Let’s move on then.

Before the group could reach the Risen Dead, an arrow was struck on the distance between the group and the dead.
A deep feminine voice can be heard from the shadows of the ruins.

????: I wouldn’t go near it if I were you.

Sonya: Who’s there! Show yourself!

????: Hmm? Barbarian? I did not expect your kind to be here.

From the shadows, a red hooded and armored female figure walks out with a crossbow in her hand.

One could see within darkness of the red hood, the woman’s eyes are not normal.

Sonya: Demon Hunter... I didn’t expect your kind to be here too.

Sonya slightly lifts her axe as she says. The demon hunter who notices the action of Sonya, readies her finger on the crossbow trigger.

Are there conflicts between the barbarians and demon hunters? One would say yes as the demon hunters has taken over Dreadlands which is once the home of the barbarians. The only way to reunite the barbarians and get back their homeland would be getting reputation and fame of saving the world. That was the aim of Sonya when she was attracted by the falling star.

Sensing the tension between the both of them, Shang steps out to stop them.

Shang: I don’t see anyone benefiting here. Whatever conflicts you two have, It’s best to put them aside, Like Right Now.

Sonya: Hmph.

Sonya turns away.

The demon hunter points her crossbow upwards and says.

Demon Hunter: Agreed.

Shang: So what’s wrong with the Risen Dead?

Demon Hunter: Take a look again.

The demon hunters points to where fallen risen dead is stacked above the skeleton.

From the pool of liquid underneath them, another hand comes out and grabs whatever it could reach. Another Risen Dead climbs out from the pool.

Shang: So the pool is also a problem.

Demon Hunter: It’s not the only problem.

The demon hunters points at the direction of the fallen wretched mother.

Several Risen Dead are moving towards her and once they reach her, they go down on their knees and start cannibalizing whatever is left of her.

Leah: Lewd.

Leah feels like vomiting after seeing this.

Demon Hunter: And watch how they evolve…

Some of Risen Dead stands up after the feeding and starts to turn into Wretched Mother while others grows fatter, turning themselves into Hungry Corpses. Some still stays the same.

Sonya: I guess we did not do a clean job that time.

Both Kharazim and Johanna nods to the Sonya’s reply.

Sonya: So what we do now, Shang? Cutting them down won’t give them peace.

Shang: Hmm…

Eucliwood speaks up first.

Eucliwood: Leave the remains to me. I will make sure there won’t be any left.

Shang knows the skills of the necromancer and refuses to comment further.

Shang:... Then what about the vomit of the Wretched Mother?

Shang turns to others.

The demon hunter speaks.

Demon Hunter: I can handle them but I need materials.

Shang: What materials?

Demon Hunter: Oil and brimstone if possible.

Another name for brimstone is sulfur, in other words the demon hunter wants to make black powder which is known as gunpowder. All other materials can be gathered in Old Tristram.

Shang: Brimstone? Hmm…

Shang recalls there are no volcanic areas near here.

Shang: We might get them if we are near the fallen star.

Shang looks up and sees a broken oil lamp which is still hanging on top of a demolished building.

Shang: I remember Old Tristram was burnt down once, so I don’t think there will be any oil barrels standing around here. We have to check the cellars for them.

Shang looks at the group members and says.

Shang: I guess we have to split up. I, Kharazim and her will search the cellars. The rest will do the smashing and cutting.

Sonya: I am alright with that.

Shang: Johanna, I leave Leah to you.

Johanna nods.

Shang: Let’s go then.

After the group splits up, Shang asks the demon hunter a question before they go on their separate ways.

Shang: By the way, what is your name?

Demon Hunter: Why do you ask?

Shang: Well, we can’t keep calling you demon hunter every time we see you.

The demon hunter ponders for a while before saying.

Demon Hunter: You're right. The name’s Valla.

4