Chapter 70 – Horadrim
99 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The escape from Leoric was simple. His skeletal army trampled on the zombies as they march towards the group, allowing Eucliwood to use Corpse Explosion. The skeletal army are delayed from marching on as the Corpse Explosion not only blast them back to bones, it also causes the nearby weak walls to fall on them. This give the group time to jump back to the edges they came from.

Cain: Are you sure you don’t want to use my magic scroll to go back? It is designed to create a portal that could bring us back to the Waypoint of New Tristram.

Cain says as he walks with Shang and the group towards Adria’s hut.

Shang: Nah, we are all good. There are companions we might meet on the way.

Cain: I see.

Shang: By the way, I have a question for you, Deckard.

Cain: What is it?

Shang: It’s about the Waypoints. I hear that these arcane circles of teleportation are created by the members of original Horadrim. Can anyone just walk over and activate them ?

Strangely, Shang remembers Cain died in Act 1. Without him, the waypoints cannot be activated and It couldn’t be Leah as she is taught Horadric magic to control her powers.

Cain: Not just anyone. I am probably the last of the Horadrim to activate them.

Shang’s thoughts: Tyrael…the archangel who becomes mortal to fight along with the innocent.

I guess he should be one doing all the activation for the remaining Acts.

Cain: Are you interested in the Horadrim?

Cain questions Shang.

Shang: Yes, I have great interest in the knowledge on how they make those artifacts.

Cain: Hmm…do you know the mission of the Horadrim?

Shang: Mission? If I remember correctly, the mission of the Horadrim is to protect the Sanctuary from demons that invaded our world.

Cain: That’s correct. The knowledge which you have great interest is to use them against those invaders. It should never be used for personal interest.

Shang: Like what Zoltun Kulle did?

Cain: Zoltun Kulle... you heard of him?

Shang: Murderer. Torturer. Monster and Betrayer. That’s what I read from Leah’s books.

Cain: Indeed. Speak no more of him. The disgust of his doings only bring me bad memories.

Shang’s thoughts: The truth is I feel that Zoltun Kulle is similar to Orochimaru from Naruto Universe. Both of them would go to the extremes to get what they want. Orochimaru wants immortality and Zoltun Kulle wants equity for three races. Their paths are different as one is a ninja and the other one is a mage but their ultimate goal is the same. It’s to become an ultimate being. But would the gods of this world allow it?

Shang thinks as he looks at the sky.

Shang then looks towards the road and the sight of Adria’s hut comes into view.

Approaching Adria’s hut, Shang and the group find Kharazim meditating beside the cellar door with his eyes closed.

Kharazim opens his eyes when he hears the movements of the approaching group.

Shang: Yo, We got back with her uncle. Is Leah still down here?

4