Chapter 82 – The Nameless Assassin
52 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Waypoint of the Cathedral Garden lights up and the group of heroes appears above it.

Sonya: I don’t like the way of sneaking up on someone’s backyard for assassination.

Sonya says.

Shang: We don’t have a choice as the entrance is already blocked by King Leoric’s skeletal army. If it’s not for falling star, the skeletal army would have risen from the pit.

Shang looks around the garden for the building that leads to Leoric Passage.

Shang: Over here.

Shang finds it and opens it, revealing a room with tables and pots of withered plants.

Sonya: Did you got the wrong place?

Sonya says while looking around.

Shang: Cain is never wrong.

Shang says as he turns one of the flower pots which Cain has left the sign of Horadrim.

The floor of the room starts to split itself, causing the tables above it to drop on the revealing stairway which leads downwards to Leoric’s Passage.

Shang: Come, let’s go.

Shang and the group goes down and enters the lower levels of the Cathedral.

After going down several levels, the group finds a fighting scene between a black cloaked figure with daggers in the hands and a black haired female wizard in purple.

Wizard: Who sent you! Answer me!

The female wizard shouts out to the cloaked figure.

The cloaked figure is silent, looking at the wizard.

The cloaked figure is surprised that the female wizard managed to detect it after it has followed her all the way down to the lower levels of the cathedral.

Wizard: Was it Valthek!? Was he the one!?

The cloaked figure still remains silent.

Shang: Valthek…

Shang recalls the game lore on Li-ming.

Li-ming is a genius Wizard whose teachers are Isendra who is one of the heroes of Diablo II and the archmage, Valthek, who is the high councilor of the Vizjerei and the leader of the mage clans of the Yshari Sanctum. It is mentioned that Valthek was the one who sent a mage-slaying assassin to watch over Isendra and kill her. The same assassin is sent again to watch over Li-ming.

Shang’s thoughts: It does not make sense that any mage slayer from the Viz-Jaq'taar could take down Isendra who has experience after fighting against Diablo. That means the only one who could do that is...

Shang thinks.

Before the cloaked figure could make a move, Shang shouts out.

Shang: ASSASSIN, YOU HAVE FALLEN!

Shang’s shout stops the movements of the cloaked figure and the figure turns to look at Shang.

Li-ming sees an opportunity and cast her spells, freezing the cloaked figure in its position.

Li-ming: What do you mean by “you have fallen”? And who are you, people?

Li-ming turns to question the approaching Shang and the group.

Shang and the group introduce themselves.

Li-ming turns to Shang and says.

Li-ming: So you are Deckard Cain’s successor. Even though I want to know more about Deckard Cain, I still want an answer from my previous question. What do you mean by “you have fallen”?

Shang: I don’t think I am fit to answer that, am I right, Assassin? Or should I say one of the seven heroes who defeated Diablo, the nameless Assassin?

The cloaked assassin answers by staring at Shang with silence.

3