Chapter 83 – A new companion has joined the party!
48 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A female voice can heard from the cloaked figure as she turns to face the Li-ming.

????: Isendra could have done better this.

The assassin says as the ice that is holding her breaks apart when she tries to move.

Li-ming: I knew it! You’re the one!

Li-ming is about to cast another spell but Shang stops her by a hand gesture.

Shang: Don’t bother trying it again. If she wants to kill you, you will be silenced before you can even speak.

Assassin: Looks like Deckard has taught you well.

Shang: Thank you but I don’t think you should have show up.

Shang says while he has a knife in one of his hands.

Assassin: Oh, I don’t remember we have any conflicts with Horadrim.

The female assassin does not make any move when she sees Shang’s knife.

Shang: I wonder why Isendra’s death has no effect on you? Did Viz-Jaq'taar manage to turn you into a living weapon?

Assassin: The order has nothing to do with this. We are given orders and we follow them.

Shang: Even if it involves killing a fellow companion?

Assassin: Yes, even if it involves killing a fellow companion.

Shang: Then you should leave.

Shang points his knife to the exit where the group have entered from.

Assassin: A piece of advice. Interfering with the affairs of the Mage Clans will do you no good.

The female assassin walks slowly to the exit.

Shang: What if demon hunters learn the disappearance of Natalya had to do with you lot?

Natalya was once an assassin of Khral-Harzhek which later becomes Viz-Jaq'taar before she joins the demon hunters. Shang does not think that Natalya could leave Viz-Jaq'taar without paying any price which most assassins did to cut off their connections.

Assassin stops in her tracks when she hears that.

Assassin: You would not dare…

Shang: Try me…

Shang points his knife at himself.

There is a short silence between the Shang and the Assassin.

Assassin: Hmph…

The female assassin disappears into the shadows.

Valla: Did Viz-Jaq'taar has something to do with Natalya’s disappearance?

Valla asks when she hears the conversation.

Shang: I can only say the chances are not that low.

Valla: So it was a empty threat? You must be mad. No one dares to do that.

Shang: What else can I do? Let them kill anyone who becomes a threat?

Shang turns to look at Li-ming who is clenching her staff as she could not do anything when Shang handles the assassin.

Shang then takes out a Horadric device and brings it closer to Li-ming.

The Horadric device grows brighter as it is held closer.

Valla: What is that?

Shang: A device for detecting Nephalems.

Li-ming is deep in her thoughts when the device is brought closer to her. She then notices it when the bright light of the device distracts her.

Li-ming: Take it away, it is hurting my eyes.

Shang: Oops, sorry.

Valla:The result?

Shang: I can confirm she is one of us.

Li-ming: What do you mean one of us? What is that device?

Shang: it will be a long story. Care to come along while listening?

2