Chapter 98 – One is glad to be of service
47 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After sending Eucliwood back to New Tristram via Waypoint, Shang moves on to find the others till he reaches the Old Mill.

Upon arriving, he sees a bearded man who is in the middle of digging a grave with his shovel and on one of his sides is a cart of bodies whose limbs are either missing or mutilated.

As Shang pushes the wooden gate, the moving sounds of the rust gate hinges inform the bearded man of Shang’s arrival.

Climbing from the half-dug grave, the bearded man starts to speak after sticking his shovel into the ground

Bearded man: You came at the wrong time, bandit. There is nothing valuable here except the lives of mine and my family.

Shang’s thoughts: Me? A bandit?

Shang: Sir, I believe you are mistaken.

Shang tries to correct the misunderstanding.

Bearded man: If you are not a bandit, then you must be one of those thieves who are looking for that scoundrel. Let me be clear, my daughter has nothing to do with him! Nothing to do with him! You hear me!

The bearded man shouts in anger.

Shang’s thoughts: Scoundrel? Isn't that...

Shang recalls the Old Mill event where Lyndon the Scoundrel joins the Nephalem as an excuse to escape his betrothal, Sasha.

Shang’s thoughts: And then you just left her in the Field of Misery where the khazra is out killing people?

Shang: Sorry, please calm down. I have nothing to do with the Thieves’ Guild either.

Bearded man: Not one of them? If you are not after valuables and lives, then what are you here for?

The bearded man starts to cool down.

Shang: I am looking for a group of people who might have passed through. Have you seen them?

Bearded man: A group you say? I think my daughter did mention that scoundrel joining a group of six who came through here. Are you related to them? If so, I rather you hurry along. Who knows how many valuables that scoundrel have gotten from them.

Shang’s thoughts: Six… Which means both groups have meet up here.

Shang: May I know which direction did they go?

Bearded man: The Festering Woods if I remember.

The bearded man points to the north.

Bearded man: I would not go there if I were you. Ever since that fallen star incident, I have not seen one soul return from their treasure hunting.

The bearded man picks his shovel to continues his grave-digging.

Before Shang walks off, he questions the bearded man.
Shang: Why are you still staying? Shouldn’t you be moving to some place safe?

Bearded man: Safe? Ha ha, safe. If there is really a safe place, where do you suggest?

The bearded man says while digging.

Shang: New Tristram?

Bearded man: New Tristram? You say you came from New Tristram?

The bearded man stops digging and looks up to Shang.

Shang: Yeah.

Bearded man: So it is still standing.

The bearded man ponders for a while before replying.

Bearded man: Then I have a request

Shang: What is it?

Bearded man: I would like you to escort my daughter to New Tristram.

Shang: Eh? Why not you and your family?

Bearded man: Looking at your physique, I don’t think you can handle the burden of escorting us with those flesh-eating goatmen wandering in front of my doorstep. You should be able to escort one person and that would be my daughter.

Shang’s thoughts: *Cough* Sorry if I looked weak to you…

Shang: Err... May I introduce myself before you make any more misunderstandings about me?

Bearded man: ?

Shang: My name is Shang and I am a scholar of the Horadrim. One is glad to be of service.

Shang smiles.

A few hours after making sure that the bearded miller’s family has moved into New Tristram, Shang closes the portal and continues his journey.

Shang’s thoughts: I wonder how would Lyndon react if he saw Sasha and her family in New Tristram? It should be interesting to watch.

2