Chapter 99 – Who’s The Fool Now?
46 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the entrance of the Festering Woods, Shang takes out a horadric device that looks like a compass and activates it.

Small orbs of light gather, forming a small arrow of light above device. The arrow starts to spin clockwise slowly before stopping at a certain direction.

Shang’s thoughts: It should be this way.

This is the first time that Shang had to use this device as the Waypoint was not activated when Deckard was here previously.

Avoiding the dead via shadow magic, Shang finds the hidden Waypoint which is buried under stacks of branches and leaves.

Shang’s thoughts: It should still be working, right?

Shang thinks as he clears the stacks, revealing the Waypoint.

Shang puts both of his hands on the cold surface of the Waypoint and starts to concentrate.

Suddenly the ground starts to shake, disturbing Shang’s concentration.

The blue lines which are on the Waypoint, disappears before connecting together.

Shang’s thoughts: What was that?

The tremor not only attracts Shang’s attention, it also attracts the dead who starts moving towards the source of the tremor.

Shang’s thoughts: The Drowned Temple… so they have found the beacons.

To enter the Drowned Temple, two holy beacons are required and they are found in two tombs, Warrior’s Rest and Crypt of the Ancients. Once the two beacons are replaced on the separated pedestals, a stone path will rise from the waters below and the door to the temple will be open.

Shang is not sure whether the kidnapping of Leah in Caldeum will happen as Leah is not with the Nephalem group and Belial would not learn about her unless Maghda reports her. He can confirm that the attack on Wortham and New Tristram will still happen if he does not do anything.

The question is how Maghda is able to track the other two pieces to New Tristram when the Nephalem has been teleporting to and fro via Waypoint with either Cain’s or Leah’s help.

Shang recollects his memories of playing Diablo 3 to look for the answers.

Maghda has been appearing in front of the Nephalem in the form of apparition which means that her physical body is still in Alcarnus.

Shang does not believe that Maghda had the power to project her apparition from a very far distance and believes it might be the work of her minions who could have brought a device along that allows them to communicate to Maghda via apparition.

Then what did the minions do to the sword shards that Maghda could trace them to New Tristram?

Shang’s thoughts: ...Marks

Among the abilities of the demon hunter, there is a skill known as Marked for Death where demon hunters apply blood-red runes on their enemies to give them a quick death.

Did the minions apply such a thing on the shards?

Better to be safe than sorry, Shang teleports back to New Tristram via Waypoint.

Borderlands, Alcarnus…

????: That’s right. Keep fighting like fools...

A woman whose appearance and clothing look similar to one of Disney's female villains, smirks as she watches the fight between Nephalem and her minions by looking at her hand mirror.

????: Have you found the remaining shard?

Screams of tortured victims can be heard in the background as Maghda questions the cultists who are standing behind her.

Cultist #A: Yes, my lady. We have traced the last of them to somewhere near the sea of Khanduras.

One of the cultist stands out, lowering his head.

Maghda :What about those pieces that are stolen from us?

Cultist #1: We are already tracing the mark which we have placed on the shard. We should be learning of....

Cultist #2: My lady, We have a problem!

Another cultist rushes in from a certain location, interrupting the first cultist who stops him.

Cultist #1: Stand down, you fool!. How dare you rush into lady’s lair without announcing your arrival!

Cultist #2: But this is important!

Cultist #1: You…!

Maghda: Enough.

Maghda shuts them up without turning her view from the hand mirror.

Maghda: Speak, what is so important that you have to run here?

Cultist #2: The mark, my lady, We lost track of it!

Maghda is stunned when she hears it , dropping the hand mirror.

2