Chapter 2: Desperate Measures
78 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, your Highness Lulu Kanin, isn't it? You are telling me that I really was summoned to another world and you are the Queen who rules the Kingdom of Lebunnya, better known as the «Rabbit Kingdom»."
"Exactly."
"Why do you respond in the same way as Dean?!"

After the «Rabbit People» calmed down thanks to the Queen's words, she, her two guards and I went to a private room where I was given the necessary answers to all my questions. First, the Queen started by introducing herself with a rather peculiar name, which to be honest sounds like the name I would give my rabbit if I really had one. Right away, she mentioned her status and that I'm in Kaninchen, located within the Kingdom of Lebunnya, which consists of four countries located to the east of the continent. Finally, she explained that the people gathered here are indeed rabbits, being most of them magicians and summoners. All right, yes, everything makes sense, I guess... Now, all that remains is to clarify a doubt.

"I understand what you are saying but, for what reason I been summoned to your world?"

Have I been summoned here to defeat the Demon King? To stop the calamity that will devastate the world? Just a few moments ago, they said something about me being the person who will save their race... So I deduce it's something of that sort. Well, it could also be that I have to save them from another race wanting to end theirs... I don't really know.

"To control the national fertility rate."
"...Huh?"
“You see... A few years ago, a virus began to spread throughout our kingdom, ending without exception the lives of all male rabbits. Because of this, I was forced to take such a measure, thus gathering all the magicians and summoners of our kingdom in order to carry out an imperious invocation ceremony."

Huuuuuh?! T-To maintain the national fertility rate?! Whoa, whoa, whoa... And here I was thinking I had been summoned for something more dangerous like having to fight demons! But it's as simple as having sex with them...? No, what did I just say? That's even more dangerous! They're all women, while I'm the only man alive right now... And not only that, we're talking about RABBITS. Have you ever heard the words 'fucking like rabbits'? Well, then you'll understand my fear!

"I know that bringing you here has been a selfish act, but unfortunately we had no other option. In recent weeks we tried all kind of methods, from magic sex reassignment surgery to the use of other races' individuals, but the sexual act with them hasn't given any positive results. None of our women became pregnant." She explains with a serious expression in her face.
"And why do you think I can save your race then?"
"Uhm... Basically because of the legend that those summoned from the other dimension possess the god seed... That and the fact you are a rabbit sent by the lord himself."

But what's this wacky dame saying?! A legend...? What if it's not true then? You all will have invoked me for nothing! Wait a minute... Did she just reply that I'm a rabbit? You’re really telling me…

I quickly touch my head to check it out, and yes, I have indeed two long, furry ears. The ones that I had as a human have completely disappeared, and instead, these two hairy things are now on top of my head. Lastly, I run my hands behind my back, where once again I check a rabbit trait, something similar to a pom-pom, you know... The tail.

"OH GOD, I'M A RABBIT."
"Yes. We have used the proper relics for the ceremony based on the books left by our ancestors, so it would be a big problem if you were not a rabbit."

So I was turned into a rabbit as a result of the invocation. And to think that something like this could be possible... To be honest, I don't feel much different from a human wearing rabbit accessories. Although, well, I think I should be grateful for that. I mean, I don't like characters who're one hundred percent furries, unlike Matt.

"Then... Can't you summon anyone else besides me? Am I really your last hope?"
"That's right. Not only we have spent too much mana on your invocation, but one of the relics we use to bring you has disappeared as part of the agreement. In few words, it has been an equivalent exchange. So unless we find something of equal value... I think another invocation will not be possible in a long time."

Suuure. And by any chance, the author who wrote those books is the alchemist of a certain famous franchise, right? Well, now that’s the least. If what she just said it's true, then I'm not only the last man alive in this kingdom, but also their only hope. Taking into account they cannot have children with the other races' help... We clearly have a problem. I mean...

"Uhm, your Highness, I'm sorry to give you the bad news, but... I'm gay."
"...I beg your pardon?" Replies the Queen shocked. Her personal guards immediately look slack-jawed at each other.
"I'm gay."

Ah, yes. I can already feel how my readers disappear with that statement. To tell the truth, what I really like are «Traps» in terms of anime and manga, and even if they're not the same, «Femboys» in the 3D world. You know, boys who have feminine tendencies, dress like girls and even look like one. In short, and to sum it up, I'm gay.

"I am speechless." Says Lulu Kanin, almost as if she's about to throw a fit.
"You don't have to tell me, Your Highness. This is a great F for your kingdom."
"What?!"
"Uh, nothing. My condolences."

I'm surprised they seem to know what the word ‘gay’ means. I just hope this is not like some countries in my world or I'll be so dead soon. To have said it was perhaps a mistake, although I don't see myself wanting to explain my taste for traps and femboys... Because yes, I'm not a gay character from a Netflix series, you know? I have my reasons to be... But someday I'll tell you. That's of course if they don't kill me or imprison me to become a tool solely for the purpose of procreation. This is still a dangerous scenario for me no matter how you look at it. Come to think of it, I guess with this I just leave the closet, right? What a strange way to do it.

"What am I supposed to say to my people now?"
"Let's see... You gathered the best of the best to summon me, lost an important relic to be able to carry out future invocations and it turns out that your only hope has no interest in women. Hmm, yup. You're screwed."
"You're not really helping, you know?"

Well, I guess I'm being kind of cruel to her. It's not like it's her fault. It was what the right thing to do. Also, you can tell she's desperate to fix this problem as soon as possible. Without males, their breed will die out over the years... No, hang on.

"But, Your Highness. If all the males died due to the virus, doesn't that mean I'm exposed to death, too?"
"A few months ago, and with the collaboration of neighboring kingdoms, we finished developing a cure for this epidemic. In fact, vaccination was going to be the next step."

Oh, that's a relief. So here they also worked together to find a cure, huh. What a coincidence. No, wait a second. I heard wrong or she said...

"Was going to be...?" I ask confused.
"Was going to be." She answers, showing an evil grin on the spot.

...Oh, crap!

1