Chapter 4
1.5k 9 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This way my lord."

Bastill walked in front of me leading the way the rest of the queen's guard lingered equally on either side of me. 'What happened to your promise that I would barely even notice you guys.' I facepalmed at this.

"Not that way my lord. That leads you out of the castle and into the central district." Warned Bastill while keeping his voice as respectful as possible.

"I change my mind. I want to take a look." I decided. 'I'm definitely curious about what a Demon capital looks like. I forgot to ask Anna about why I was summoned here but that can be taken care of later. Weird normally in stories like these heroes are summoned to defeat the demon king.' I unconsciously touch my neck and I still feel a numbing pain whenever something brushes across that area.

'Oh yeah, I have to ask Anna about what she did to my neck.'

Bastill hesitated for a moment.

"But my lord. The queen wanted us to lead you to the palace garden." Bastill tried to convince me.

"I thought I would be safe anywhere as long as I'm with the queen's guard." I teased. "Besides Anna did not specifically say that I wasn't allowed to go anywhere else as long as I get my fresh air."

Bastill looked at his men for some support but all of them looked away awkwardly. Bastill glared at his men and whispered 'traitors'. I laughed at this quietly.

"Eh... umm.. well his majesty the queen did not forbid to go anywhere else but.."

"Well then what are you hesitating for." I laughed and patted him lightly on his shoulder. Bastill stiffened at this.

I just ignored his bewildered look and began to walk on ahead while the twenty powerful guards trailed behind me.

As soon as I was outside I inhaled deeply letting the cool crisp air fill my lungs. I stretch my arms as I yawned letting the sun rays hit my skin leaving a slight tingly feeling on my skin. I look ahead and I could see a large statue resembling that of Anna holding a majestic staff raising it up in the air. It definitely paints a powerful image as I could feel its oppressive aura and majesty even from here.

I descended down the marble stairs along with my entourage, leaving all the passerby curious. Almost all of them stopped bewildered by this strange procession and look towards me with a strange interest. I notice most of them look towards me with hostility and if not for the intimidating men behind me, I would have no doubt they would have attacked.

'So they're hostile to humans? I wonder what's happening right now in this world.'

"What the hell are you guys looking at. Are you thinking of doing harm to the queen's fiancé." Shouted Bastill and some of the guards even started drawing out their weapons. The atmosphere suddenly became intense and volatile. I stood there rooted on the spot not knowing what to do. As soon as Anna's name was uttered all of their faces paled and they moved away in a very hurried and panicked pace.

'Maybe heading out today wasn't such a good idea and Anna seems to be extremely feared by her people.'

"Mentioning Anna's name seems to be quite effective." I told the Bastill. Bastill just smiled wryly and nodded his head.

"The queen is the strongest being in the demon continent. All the people fear and worship her."

'Sounds to me like Anna is just a bit of tyrant and will probably kill anyone that disagrees with her or displeased her. If someone told me that Anna massacred an entire city just because they looked at her wrong I would not even doubt it for a second.' I shuddered involuntarily realising that I just garnered the attention of a very dangerous existence.

"Are you scared of Anna?" I asked Bastill.

"Yes. I do admire you, my lord, you can speak freely with her and even earlier when you interrupted her, anyone else doing that would have their hearts taken out." Bastill gazed at me admiringly and I fidgeted because the way he's looking at me like I'm so kind of messiah was honestly unnerving.

"Haha I guess," I said awkwardly rubbing the back of my head with my hand.

I visited the different local stalls plastered around the market place. There are many unique items being sold such as the still-beating heart of a yeti. A bow made of eternal ice etc.. they look amazing and very powerful. When the merchants selling the item heard that I was Anna's husband to be he nearly jumped in fright and begged me to take whatever I fancy for free.

I refuse the man of course and left immediately. 'I should have asked Anna for some money but I guess she didn't know that I would be coming here. I wonder if she would be mad at me.'

I looked at Bastill and he's been sporting that sour look like he ate something sour ever since I adamantly demanded to visit the central district maybe I wasn't really being fair but the way Anna restricts me rubs me the wrong way and my stubbornness resurface when Bastill insinuated that I should not go without Anna's explicit permission.

"Do you think Anna will be mad that I came here." I asked Bastill.

Bastill frowned heavily at this and gave me a worried expression.

"If she is I'll make sure that this would not implicate you."

"Thank you, my lord, me and my men will be extremely grateful."

'How thoughtless of me.' I berated myself. 'My selfish actions might get someone badly hurt or worse killed. I need to talk to Anna about the way she does things, maybe she'll listen to me.'

In the corner of my eye, I saw something that truly shocked me. A large cage containing children and adult humas passed by and they seemed to be guarded by several demons and the one in front was a fat man with a head of a boar. The humans in the cage looked dirty and beat up all of them had metallic collars around their necks.

'Slaves.'

I clenched my fist in anger and I ran towards them.

"What are you doing? Let them go!!" I demanded shouting at them.

The slave traders looked at in shock and looked at the queen's guards in confusion. They realised that I was human and started drawing their weapons. Bastill and his men surrounded me in a protective circle.

"A human protected by the queen's guard? What is going on here!" Shouted the boar-face demon.

"This is the queen's fiancé and I suggest that you do not lay a hand on him or we will be forced to take action." Replied Bastill sternly.

The boar face demon and his men recoiled in shock and sheathed their weapon instantly. Their whole entourage took a step back maintaining a distance from me.

"What reason is there for his highness to disrupt our business?" Asked the boar face demon cautiously.

"Let them go!" I screamed in anger. I pointed at the dishevelled humans trapped in the cage.

"We are not doing anything illegal. This is all approved by her majesty the queen on how we handle humans that are captured." Replied the boar face demon quite smugly.

My head went blank as a powerful rage came over me. 'This is not right. This is not right.' I repeated in my head in a daze first clench so tight that I felt like my nails were drawing blood. The sounds of my cries and the painful memories resurface in my head of when I was being physically abused by my father, the despair it had brought me and how it affected my life.

I ran at the boar face demon and I threw a powerful punch straight at his face. The demon did not move as he stood there unfazed by my attacks.

'Why! Why! Why! Why!' I shouted in my head with each strike tears now streaming down my face.

'Why am I so powerless.' I screamed angrily in my head. Suddenly I could feel foreign energy wafting in the air and my mind suddenly gained knowledge on how I can control this energy to give myself strength.

I infused this strange energy into my fist and slammed my fist hard into the face of the demon. A powerful sound was created when my fist made contact with his face and he flew and crashed into a wall, causing the wall to explode and crumble into dust.

I spotted Bastill and the demons surrounding me drop their jaws in shock. I smiled at this before a sudden pain hits me that cause me to cough up blood. My vision was getting blurry and I feel very lightheaded.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!!"

I turned my head with great effort to see Anna standing there looking absolutely livid. The temperature dropped to absolute zero causing anyone who couldn't protect themselves to be covered in ice sealing them an icy tomb.

She dashed towards me worriedly catching me in her embrace.

"Pls.. don't you dare blame anyone for this. This is not Bastill's fault. I will hate you forever if you do anything to them." I said weakly my vision darkening.

"Darling you need to rest." She said with a pale face looking over me to see if I was injured.

"You need to promise me, Anna."

"Lyle.."

"Promise me," I begged her, my voice soft and extremely weak.

"Fine!" She said through gritted teeth.

"But someone will pay for this!" She said angrily.

Then I blacked out.

********

Anna POV

The surrounding demons immediately dropped to one knee as soon as they noticed my presence, their head bowed low in subservient and trembling. 'Just as how things should be.' I thought while I gaze upon my citizens. I stared down at the people involved in the incident that caused my precious 'baby' to be hurt. Lyle only granted his protection to Bastill and his men. 'Lucky cretins.' I thoughts darkly, my lips frowned.

The boar face demon was out cold lying in the rubble and crumbling stones. His colleagues were shivering in fear. They were down on their knees and shaking violently, I see some of them have wet themselves. 'Pathetic wait until I take care of you personally in the dungeons and you will know the true meaning of fear.' I smiled darkly. I held Lyle in my arms gently fearing the slightest touch would break him, I bend my head down licking the dried blood that stained the side of his lips gave him a soft gentle kiss. 

Look at me Lyle I'm an emotional wreck just cause you got hurt a little. I don't understand how you have such an impact on me, I feel like as soon as I laid claim to you, my whole entire world revolves around you. I've always thoughts that the spilling blood and torturing my victims and enemies alike is the only thing that gives me true joy, gives reason to my existence in this world. But as soon as I kissed your lips, I felt something different; ecstasy. The need to inflict pain on something or someone dissipated and my needs were completely overpowered by the need to have you, to spoil you. If you asked me to destroy the world as a dowry I will do it in a heartbeat.

I fixed a hard stare at Bastill. Bastill flinched and bowed his head even lower as soon as he felt my gaze was trained upon him.

"Explain." I said coldly. I focused my magic upon this pathetic excuse of a guard letting the ice consume him starting from his feet, the ice soon began to encapsulate him covering him in a layer of thick ice and I could see his skin turned blue his tissue dying from the freezing temperature. He gasps in pain but still gritted his teeth in concentration.

"Hi-.. his... high-..ness Lyle beca...me up..set wh..en he sa..w the hu..man slaves yo..you're ma.. majesty" he replied slowly, his teeth chattering badly.

"Hmm." I replied. I dispelled the magic immediately.

I gave him an icy cold stare. "Make sure to get that treated. I don't want Lyle to see you were injured because of me. If it were up to me I would have slowly peeled your skin piece by piece, heal it with magic and do the whole process over and over and over.." I let my voice trail as I flew into the air carrying my precious Lyle in my arms.

"Capture those men and bring them to my dungeon," I added without looking back before leaving.

38