The vampire part 3
1.1k 3 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You know that sort of stealing right," I told her as we were walking around at the shopping centre. Sasha stared at me like I'm some kind of an idiot and didn't say anything. She was busy browsing through the selection of clothes in 'Pandora's Box'. We were specifically at the lingerie section and I wasn't feeling too comfortable being here, seeing all the other girls here shopping and I was one of the rare species brought here by their respective partners.

Sasha picked up a red lace underwear and as far as I can tell that underwear is not covering anything as it was completely see-through.

"So what do you think?" She asked with a smirk finding my red face highly amusing.

"I think I want out of here."

"Awww I want to buy the one that you like best." She said with a whine. I sigh and asked. "Do you even have money to buy it?"

She shook her head with a mischievous grin. "I'll pay for it a different way."

"No! You're not compelling anyone not as long as I'm here." I said seriously. I could tell she wasn't going to listen and she would probably take it as a challenge and will prove me wrong so before she could do that I told her I would pay for it and she smiled in gleefully and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

I glared at her even though I secretly enjoyed it but I'm not going to let her know that. I still have no clue what she wants from me and every time I asked her she would answer that I'm 'hers' I scoff in my mind and thought 'more like 'her' food.'  I rolled my eyes at this as I eventually found a pair that I liked no scratch that she believes that I like.

"I did like the red lace underwear just fine you know," I told her as we were walking up to the counter.

"But you like this one better." She replied with a teasing tone as she held up the pair of black lace bra and underwear; a tantalising set. I grab her hand and made her put it down as I looked around seeing if anyone else notice what she just did.

I made eye contact with a guy just a few meters away browsing the lingerie section with his girlfriend and he gave me a cheeky smile and gave me a thumbs up. I just looked away awkwardly and sighed, the sexy vampire was obviously enjoying herself too much.

"Where to now?" Asked Sasha as she held the bag that held her new 'sexy nightwear' as she calls it. To be completely honest I just wanted to go home and get some more sleep, my body needs to do a lot of catching up because I've been living like an insomniac for the last two weeks.

As we were about to walk out of the shopping centre, two dainty smooth hands covered my eyes and I felt someone holding me from behind in a friendly but sort of intimate manner.

"Guess who?" A voice I recognise giggled giddily. I could tell it was Melanie a good old friend of mine. We use to be something of a 'thing' back in the day but it didn't really work out between us as we realised we really only saw each other as friends and what happened between us was a momentary lapse of judgement.

Before I could even respond a sudden yelp of pain pierced my ears and my eyesight was restored once again as the hands that covered them was brutally removed. I looked back and I could see Melanie on the floor with Sasha towering above her. I had a bad feeling about this.

"What the hell!" Melanie shouted and then she quietened and let out a small whimper. I couldn't really see what face was Sasha was making but from the look of horror and the quiver of Melanie's lips I could guess that it wasn't particularly nice.

"What are you!!" Whispered Melanie softly and full of fear. Her voice shaking and unsteady.

"It's not a question of 'what am I' your question should be 'what is to become of you'. You touched what's mine and there is a price to pay for that." She said viciously, her words full of dark promise and I know she would make good on her threat I could feel it in my bones. I know we were making a commotion as I could feel people staring at us in confusion and bemused curiosity.

It didn't help that Sasha was now raising her foot and slowly pushing it down towards the leg of Melanie. I knew what she was going to do, what she wanted to do. I grab her shoulder in a swift motion and her head swivelled towards me with a quick snap and the look in her eyes, that crimson predatory eyes that stared at me like I was already a corpse. Her face contorted in unmasked rage, eyes cold and unfeeling.

I swallowed slowly trying to overcome my fear, to overcome that bloodlust that blanketed her existence, the presence that swirled around her that screams of death and blood.

"Pl- please.." I said slowly and steadily. Keeping my shaking hand on her shoulder with a firm reassuring grip. Her face still masked with rage and I could see her fist clenched so tight that it made the skin around her knuckles turned even whiter.  She must have been digging her fingers nails inside her curled fist as I could see blood dripping down slowly, snaking and sliding down her pale skin.

She slowly nodded and walked away and before I could say anything her figure blurred and vanished. Melanie on the floor tears slipping down her eyes and I know I needed to tend to her because somewhat this was all my fault. I know it's absurd, blaming myself for what happened but I know it is.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. I've put the thoughts of Sasha at the back of my mind since right now I need to be in the present. Need to be in the moment to help my good friend in need and I know she needs me right now.

Melanie didn't say anything she just sobbed quietly and I was so very tempted to go to her and hug her but I wasn't sure if this would not make things worse. I don't want to wake up one day to find my friend murdered and mutilated. I know for a fact that if Sasha decided to kill her, it would not be an easy death. I grasp her hand and use my thumb to rub circles at the back of her hand to give her some form of comfort as I assisted her in picking herself up.

"Sorry," I told Melanie quietly who was still recovering from the initial shock. "I don't think it would be a good idea to be together like this who knows what she'll do next." I continued.

"What the hell was that!" she said hoarsely as she clenched her first in anger but mostly fear. 

"I don't know," I replied. "Please just trust me that I will make sure nothing will happen to you, I will talk to her. I don't know what set her off and I'm not sure if you're out of the woods just yet."

"I'm calling the police," she told me seriously. "I'm going to report that bitch and I will see her in court." she threatened.

"Do you really want to do that?" I look at her. "This is going to go badly for you. I know you have an idea of what she is, that she's not human. Would you really want to provoke something like that?" I said in exasperation.

Melanie pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration and she sighed. "Not particularly, at least you confirmed that she's not human. I thought I just imagined it, those sharp fangs and the sharp elongated nails protruding out of her fingers ready to cut me into pieces." she shivered at the memory. 

"So that was your stalker you been babbling on about," she asked. I could tell that she has calmed down greatly, although she was still shaken at least she is calmer. I nodded my head numbly at her question.

"Am I even safe?" she asked worriedly.

"I hope so. I have to go look for her but I don't think it's a good idea to be together in such close proximity. She has this obsession with me and I don't think. I mean I hope that means she wouldn't do anything that I would hate." 

"I mean you can be such an ass but I don't think you deserve to die for it." I joked trying to ease the tension.

"Not funny," she said dryly but I managed to get a smile out of her at least.

33