The succubus part 1
1.2k 7 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I narrowed my eyes at the tiny digital clock atop my desk. I deliberately placed it just out of sight at the corner of my desk next to a cylinder metal container that contains my pens and pencils. If I don't deliberately look for the time I wouldn't be able to see it unless I leaned to the left or wheeled my chair. But today I'm not feeling any desire to do my job, I just want to go home. I picked up the plastic clock and lifted it above my head as I leaned back on my chair. With a childish thought, I willed with my mind to speed up the passing of time.

5 pm so it reads and I sigh. 'Maybe it's broken' I thought but then I shake my head cause I know it isn't as the time changed to 5:01 pm. I wheeled myself across as the room and approach the table across me. A girl with bob cut hair looked up from the documents she was perusing with a frustrated sigh.

"What are you doing?" She asked with an irritated voice, adjusting her glasses as she did so.

"Oh someone aspires to be an anime villain." I joked sticking my tongue out.

"Just get back to doing your job, Martin."

"But I'm bored," I complained as I rested my cheek on the side of her desk. "What's so fun about analysing the surveys then composing a report on how we could better improve our products from the feedback."

"Then quit." She replied coldly. Her eyes still focusing on the stack of paper in front of her. I wheeled my chair behind her and hugged her from behind.

"Don't be mean to me Amy. You should be nicer to me and care more about my well being since, after all, I am your childhood friend." I said with a grin.

She rolled her eyes at me and patted the side of my cheek softly and I grinned comfortably enjoying the scent of her hair. All of a sudden the soft gentle hands smack me hard.

"Ouch!" I cried out. "And I was just enjoying myself." I pouted.

"That didn't even hurt. Just go back to work before our boss sees us. I got you this job and I had to bullshit in front of her how trustworthy and capable you are."

"Thanks for that any way you're the best," I said with a grin and I tried to give her a kiss. She places a hand in front of my face and I ended up kissing her hand.

"Yeah yeah," Amy said exasperatedly.

"I was just about to give you a reward."

"Keep your filthy kiss to yourself. Get a girlfriend your horny bastard." She cursed and gave me a cold look. "And stop distracting me from my work, our report had to be handed at the end of today remember. I want to finish on time thank you very much."

"Shit! That's today?" I panic as I began to move away from her desk to mine. "And girlfriend? Seriously how dare you say such an offensive word to me. You racist! You know-"

"Oh my god! Are you going to talk about your cheating ex again! It's been two years get over it. I'm sorry but now is not the time. I'll listen to your complaints for a hundredth time later after I drown myself with two bottles of vodka." She interrupted with an exaggerated sigh.

"Fine but you have to say you're racist for saying the girlfriend word to me and I'll leave you alone," I whined.

Amy paused for a minute weighing her option but then she sighs and just nodded her head.

'Well, time to actually do some work or that redhead will really lay into me. I don't want to stay in the office longer than necessary.'

I looked at the time and it was almost 6 pm, that's the time I'm supposed to finish and hand in my report. 'I'm so dead, I haven't even started yet.'

The clock reads 7 pm and I've just finished my report, I can't say its a good one but at least they can't say I never do my job. I'll just blame the state of the report due to me being new on the job, I mean what else can my boss say except 'do a better job next time' unless she fires me. Oh god what if she fires me, I wouldn't be able to afford rent and I'll be homeless goddammit if I'd remember today was the deadline I would have started this much earlier.

There were very few lights that were still on so it made the office feels incredibly large and desolate and creepy; extremely creepy. Reminds me of the dozens of scenes in horror movies where the jumpscare is about to happen and the slow steady rhythm of the insidious music starts to slowly play in the background and then slowly gets louder and louder as the main characters are about to be surprised by some freak of a monster. The barely lit hallways definitely are not helping.

With the report held in my hands, I began to walk to my boss office with a purpose, even if she's not in there I could sneakily slide it the small gap at the bottom of the door and I'll make some flimsy excuse that she must have forgotten to take my report and its a good thing I remembered. That would work; definitely. But still freshly printed paper has a particular smell to it that I quite enjoy so I found myself sniffing the paper still warm from the printer.

I knocked slowly on the brown wooden rapping it ever so gently. No answer, I tried the door handle and surprisingly it was not locked. I shrugged my shoulders and thought nothing of it. She must not have heard me I reasoned. Opening the door gently I spotted something that wasn't quite right, it shocked me so bad that I dropped my report to the floor. A woman with red hair, pointed ears, horns on her head and batlike wings on her back appeared to be hunched over a desk sleeping peacefully. 

I took a step back in shock and immediately check my temperature using the back of my hand, I pressed it on my forehead. Temperature check. result. normal.

I stared curiously at the strange creature sleeping peacefully on my boss desk. Is she the boss? Is she human? Am I human? Is the world even a sphere or is it a rectangle? Various questions popped into my head and I could not help but stand there and contemplate my existence.

Am I even awake right now or am I asleep still on my desk. Did I just dream up writing my report but I didn't do it at all. Wake up me. Well, only one way to find out.

I walked up to the sleeping ehh whatever it is and gave it a hard pinch in the face. The red-haired screamed in pain and looked at me in shock. 

'Okay the sensation was real therefore I am not dreaming.' I concluded as I ran out of the building like a man with an axe is after me.

25