Chapter 1 – A record towards a new life
151 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a dimension where mana flowed through space as just another material, there was a planet where magic was possible and technological advances could be considered to be in the modern era of another certain planet, with the serious difference that technology advanced magic oriented. But even with this technology, the different races that were considered civilized were hand in hand in conflict with those with whom they called monsters.

Once upon a spring season like any other, In a town with a temperate climate, a destitute boy was arriving at one of the few commercial buildings in the city, which had 3 floors and a large flow of people passed through its large automatic doors. of varied appearance and attitude, of which some gave glances in various ways, of which dislike or pity predominated.

Once a few meters from the door, he stopped for a while to visualize the humble sign that identified the building.

IMPERIAL CENTER BOUNTY HUNTER

[I'm finally here, I hope it goes well for me]

The boy thought as he made up his mind and entered the building.

Upon entering I observe the curious aspect of the interior, The room I entered could be written as a large space for different purposes, in front of the entrance at the end of the room was a row of lockers that extended almost from end to end of the room since at the end of the ends were some stairs that led to the other floor, being that it should be noted that these rows were not lacking a decent queue of people whose people were mostly dangerous.

Taking us to the right of the child was more found a simple cafe, with more pint of bar than anything else. And ending on the left were some trading posts where various types of things were stirred, from the biological to the mineral.

But the enjoyment of the child when looking with curiosity at the environment for the child did not last more than 10 seconds because he was struck by a rude and authoritative voice.

"¡Hey brat!, What brings you to this place?"

Frowning his brow, the offended boy replied to the clerk that at first glance he seemed like a kind of watchman.

"I want to register as a Bounty hunter sir".

"Puff what a joke, you do not have the stature and it seems that if the ability to survive this, it is more I think that you do not even have the money to register. Now go away and long in my sight that you are sucking the place".

"It's not your responsibility whether or not that I can pay the registration or if I can survive or not, there are also no age limits to register!"

That said, the boy looked ugly at the guard and he responded by looking with anger, but nevertheless, in these moments, in the mind of the guard, he was deciding to resign himself not to waste his charity on this child scum.

"Well, but say that I did not warn you, go and take one of those registration papers that are on that table between the cafeteria and the lockers, fill it and stand in line, now, get out of here!"

Following, the boy without answering obtained a sheet, filled the data with a pencil that was on the table and then went to the queue.

Once he arrived at the ticket office to which a good-looking young lady was attending, she answered him with monotonous words but that inside her mind she disliked the appearance of the boy.

"Good morning, how I can help you sir?".

The boy was a bit struck by the graceful and polite way in which they addressed him, but his experience and instincts told him that the other person thought badly of him. But still, he answered her as best he could.

"Excuse me miss, I want to become a bounty hunter".

Next, the young lady freezes for a moment, and then she looked at the guard as if to indicate an explanation. The guard noticed the look and he was understanding the situation after a glance he replied with a gesture that was not worth it.

This is because although by law there is no age restriction on registration, employees tried to convince that they did not register for the love of children.

And after seeing the watchman's sign, the young lady sighed inside and noticed the boy again.

"Sir, to register you need 10 orquez, and the registration template, ¿do you have these requirements?

Then the boy, without saying a word, handed the paper to the young lady and then he looked in his pockets and took some coins of various kinds from them, he counted them a little and gave most of them to the lady.

The lady received the money and began to examine it in a dubious way to check whether it was false or not and if it was the correct amount.

In addition to asking the dubious origin of the cash, but investigating this not her work, so she finished counting the money was fixed in the enrollment template that among other things said the child's personal information.

full name: Arquel Soid
Date of birth: 2/31/1565
Blood type: I don't know
City of birth: Mequisia
Identification number: I do not have
   

After seeing the information on the worksheet, he put it aside and began to tell the boy.

"Everything is in order, now I will explain what it means to become a fortune hunter and the general rules that must follow, After which your registration will proceed, if you want to continue, otherwise you will be returned 80% of the inscription money".

Following that, she proceeded to explain.

"The bounty hunters are subject like any citizen to the laws of the empire, which implies basic laws such as the prohibition of murder, fighting, theft, among other legally punished actions. the bounty hunters are linked to the imperial army as a reserve force with conditions special, that among the most outstanding of this would be, that although fortune hunters do not work for the army and are free in their exercise, in special situations the army can dispose of its services like any soldier in its ranks complying with its military regulations".

"The bounty hunters have a hierarchy system, which shows their level of skill and confidence. This hierarchy is based on stars, ranging from one star to 7 stars. the importance level being less than higher. These stars are earned by completing certain exams".

"Finalizing the explanation is the financial issue, the bounty hunters are obliged to give 50% of their income obtained in their area to the government, and from reaching 3 star is obliged to pay a monthly tax of 50 Orquez or if not, Your license will be revoked until you have paid your debt".

"For more information, you will be given a free instruction booklet that contains all the laws, parameters and other things related to bounty hunters".

"With this, the explanation ends, then sir Arquel, do you want to proceed with the registration?"

"uju" Arquel agreed.

"Agree".

Next, the employee saved the form and the money, and then took out a glass sphere which was on a base connected to a cable.

"Please, to proceed you must stick your hands to the side of the sphere, it will analyze your body and give us information, about you, this information will be sent to our databases, in addition to that it will serve to make your identity card which will contain, among other things, its rank and a bounty hunter identification number. It should be noted that the data provided will be stored in our database regardless of the data of the sphere, in addition to the name provided in the form being used as its Fortune hunting name. Also as a special service, while processing the data, you can view your statistics through the dial glass".

Saying that Arquel with a little insecurity, placed his small hands on the sides of the sphere, then this began to supply a peculiar energy which flowed into his body and then returned to the sphere.

After a few seconds, the young lady informed him.

"The load is ready, you can already see your statesman for a minute after you finish seeing them I ask you to retire to the café, that in a few hours we will call you to withdraw your cards and finish your registration".

Having said that, the boy looked closely at the sphere.

Race human (75%)
Age 8
Class None
Condition Good
Mana 9/9
Strength 12
resistance 5
Stamina 20
Agility 21
   

Finished seeing his statistics, the young man prepared to wait as the employee had indicated, and after about an hour, the same employee called him back.

"Here is Senor Arquel, your card, an identification necklace, and the instruction book".

He said giving the boy a script, a card, and a necklace with a sheet with something written on it.

"The necklace serves us more than anything to identify his body in case of death. That said, congratulations from now on you are a bounty hunter of the empire, May the emperor and the great spirits fill you with fortunes".

"Well thank you, I hope you do well, see you".

And saying goodbye to the boy from the employee, he started to leave the building while looking at his card. And seen from the public, you could see beginning your adventure like any other a small and skinny boy with a pale complexion, orange, and semi-straight disheveled hair that reaches his neck, gray eyes somewhat sharp, ears slightly pointed, with a face that looks common but somewhat determined attitude and cautious look. Of white but dirty clothing of long limbs, which could be seen patches on some side and worn footwear.

Full name: Arquel Soid Range: 1 star
Class None ID: 2376683367
1