Chapter 9 – New challenge
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun rises solemnly wrapped in soft clouds, marking the beginning of a new day and for Him, the beginning of a new adventure like a bounty hunter, which began by removing the morning preparation routines, saying goodbye to his not so friendly acquaintance Larzo, the, as usual, he was resting, for lack of visits.

"Good morning, Larzo, ¿how are you?"

the boy greeted cheerfully, waking up the not-so-trustworthy military man, who replied back

"Hey hey, Oh you are your heavy of inconsiderate, that you want, it does not seem that you take something."

Then Arquel left him with a touch of nostalgia and sadness.

"Well, Mr. Larzo, I came to say goodbye, I have been promoted to 2 stars, in addition to the fact that you have already conquered this dungeon, for this and that, from today you direct me to conquer the other dungeon in town, so you will not see me here anymore.

Arquel saying this expected only a dry congratulation with various insults from Larzo to leave him as always, but instead, Larzo upon hearing this, smiled and said.

"Ohh they promoted you, congratulations child, you have to see that it took them to promote you, I was already wondering when they would promote you. But you still have a long way to go, even 2 stars is considered very low. Hey, boy,¿why are you looking at me with this strange face? ... Oh, I know I didn't expect that I would congratulate you like that, ¿right?

Coming out of his bewilderment the boy replied

"Yes, I didn't expect you to treat me like that, you were always very dry and ..."

but Larzo interrupted him

"¿Rude? , Moody, ¿someone who underestimated you? Well, it was all more or less a trick, at first it was true since I thought you were a tramp, good for nothing, and I reaffirmed it when you left for a year, but you came back to stay, so little by little you won my respects, tell me When you brought the boss of the flat, oh what an achievement, at that time I thought you would be promoted, since usually that kind of boss, the rookies beat him in a group. To good without deviating from the subject of deception, although at first, it was real, then I decided to follow the action as if to test and temper your composure, your rudeness, since I fell well, you know one of the most important things about a bounty hunter, it is his vocation and his stubbornness to work, if I surrendered you and you collapsed asking for help desperately, you would lose all my respect."

After the moving speech, his receiver replied.

"So all that hate, contempt and lack of response, ¿is it because you liked me? Don't play with me ¡You're crazy!"

But contrary to a negative answer, what he received was a smile from Larzo telling him.

"Yes, well, they called me the crazy butcher, and you, my beloved tramp, reminded me of my youth, poor and without talent, struggling in vain to climb a position in the army."

And from here the talk went on for a long time, talking about the past and a bit of what to come, then leaving this command to say goodbye to Larzo and heading to the 2-star dungeon, which was on the other side of town. When he had arrived, he noticed that, unlike the previous one, this one had a greater flow of fortune hunters, enough to see the command that surrounded the dungeon, a lively and lively place.

Then after going through the checking processes, he went to the entrance of the dungeon which was like the entrance of a cave, covered with vines and roots of a large tree that grew on it, and being about to enter, what I call a group of fortune hunters made up of 3 well-equipped men, in addition to having with them a wooden wheelbarrow slightly larger than Arquel.

"Ohh look what we have here, a bounty hunter boy, hey boy, this is a very dangerous place for you, I do not recommend going alone, but if you want you can join us and help us with our things, I promise you that you will receive a good part of the reward, ¿what do you tell me?"

Meanwhile, the boy looked at the group leader as he spoke, noting their hypocritical smiling features, deduced that they were a group of greedy bastards, and there was no point in paying attention to them, but still, he had to be polite and refuse appropriately to avoid trouble ... for now.

"No thanks, I can well alone."

That said, the boy walked past the group, but the leader did not take it well, so he clicked and stood in front of the boy, reiterating.

"Hey hey, don't be like that we just want the best for you, we don't want to see how a child dies, come with us it will anger you, well and we'll teach you good things."

Then the boy understood that he must send them to poverty. but still, he controlled himself.

"Look, leave me alone, I'm not interested in your offer, I prefer to work alone, so stop bothering."

Only with this said, the group gave up but not before warning the boy threateningly.

"Good but if you shout help or think that we will help you."

And with the threat thrown, the boy and the group entered the dungeon with a great distance between them, being the boy the one in front, soon they saw two paths, the boy took the one on the left and the group the one on the right, separating definitely.

A short time passed when the boy was lost among the rocky tunnels but with some vegetation, when he heard creatures approaching, without wasting time, the boy prepared himself for the fight with his faithful mace and his reinforced body.

Then in the distance, a group of 5 wolves appeared, which when they saw him stopped running to walk towards him slowly while they were analyzing them, which only lasted a few seconds when they went after him with all their strength. Meanwhile, the boy already in postponement when seeing his new enemy could not avoid yelling at them when they were walking.

"Ohh wolves, it will be no different than abusing dogs, so prepare for terror hahaha."

When he had finished speaking, the wolves were already one body from him, but the no pressure came forward, and with agility, he smashed the head of the one in front with a blow from left to right, causing his death, followed by the wolves were already on him to kill him, he jumped forward to dodge them effectively, but the wolves unlike the goblin were much faster, and took no time after losing their prey, who were on it again, although unfortunately his opponent, baptized for several battles, was ready to face them again, causing a second victim without collateral damage, because he evaded them again with the same strategy.

The wolves seeing that there were only 3 left, and that the boy inspired confidence and danger, but more than all bloodlust, the wolves as cunning hunters, decided to flee. On the boy's side, he was happy at the event and mentioned.

"¡Ha! I knew it is alone, some simple dogs, once they feel the danger, they come out with their tails between their legs, hahahaha, well with this I have 2 wolves, oh I should call them puppies, well to continue hunting, it seems that This dungeon unlike the other is much more alive hehe."

Having said the boy, he took the 2 wolves and continued his tour of the first floor, for 2 hours, which followed by these, he left the dungeon carrying 10 wolves piling up in his wheelbarrow, and without any injuries. He quickly headed to the collection area, leaving it with 5 wolves in the direction of the I.C.B.H with the eyes of the people amazed at it."

"Sir, ¿how much for these wolves?"

The boy told the man that he was attending the trading post in the center, which was looking at the boy with wonder and doubt.

"¿Are these wolves yours?"

To this question, the boy answered offended while showing him his bounty hunter card to show him his rank.

"¿Who else would they be? Or ¿do you suggest that I steal them or something? Not because they look bad and are a child, they imply something, ¿now tell me how much for these wolves?

With this response, the seller relented saying.

"I'm sorry, I didn't expect a ... boy could hunt these wolves. With the price, they are about 300 Niquez for each wolf, and being 5 then it would be about 1 Orquez with 500 Niquez"

The boy did not believe the amount the guy was saying, so he asked doubtful.

"¿Listen to 1 Orquez with 500? ¿Are those wolves worth that much?

But the seller upon hearing this, regained his self-esteem, telling the boy with pride

"They are not worth that much compared to many things, but ¿I suppose a child like you will think it is a lot, so do you sell them or not?

But the boy didn't really care about his insult, and he said

"Of course."

After a while the boy could be seen leaving the place with a smile on his face and a full stomach, heading towards the new dungeon.

0