Chapter 5 – New home
463 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the afternoon of the 22nd of the 4th month at the beginning of spring, the young couple's small caravan had just entered through an entrance formed by the separation of two small mountains, into an extensive valley formed by dry land and some bushes. parched with hardly any life.

Once inside and after a few minutes, the two individuals at this time, one practicing magic and the other teaching him without care and with nothing else to do, until they were interrupted by the guard who was acting as the driver, through a crack that gave to the driver's seat.

"Hey, little turtledoves, look, you can see your new home from here, I'll leave the window open for you to see."

The young man blushed a little while also being annoyed by the initial comment, being that he responded by assisting with the head, meanwhile his partner, just annoyed but did not reflect on his cold face, however unlike the young man she replied saying.

"I get it."

After the driver turned around, the couple, in turn, was peeking out during the journey to see a small town approaching in the distance within a wall destroyed made of sandstone, which around them could be seen 8 worn pillars placed symmetrically at a great distance from the city.

After a while, the float was already at the city gate, a place where some careless and weak-looking soldiers held them for a few moments to check their identity, which was no problem and they were let through without much formality.

Upon entering the town, the couple was able to carefully appreciate the gloomy landscape of their new home, which could be described as poverty and desolation. Since through the windows they could see mostly 2 types unfold towards their sides, some made of sandstone blocks made ruins, but adapted with mud and some wood to be habitable, or simply humble neglected houses made of mud and wood. And in front of these houses, you could see the population of the place looking at them with curiosity or hope, which were not healthier than their houses since being a divider, some could be seen as malnourished homeless people dressed in rags, others more decently dressed lightly with the skins of some animal or monster, and strangely you could see some depressing-looking soldiers and some tough and tough men in fur dresses.

This straight route, lasted several minutes before stopping at a ruined mansion located at the other end of the town at a distance away from it, this was covered by a vacant lot and adorned by some dead trees.

The float stopped in front of the mansion where a middle-aged man dressed decently in fur was waiting at the entrance, where after a while he received the couple saying.

"Welcome, my noble lords and Mrs. Valirente, to this humble town abandoned by the gods, I am the head of the town, Antenio, I am delighted to meet you and from today I will be at your service, for anything you wish to request."

After finishing his presentation, Yulio as head of the house came forward saying.

"We appreciate your welcome Mr. Antenio, and, although it is obvious that you know who we are, it is fitting to introduce ourselves cordially to you, I am the new Baron Yulio Valirente and she is my dear wife Crystal, hopefully, we can get along well in the future, and gladly We accept your services and although we have many questions to ask you, it is late and we are exhausted from the long journey, so we would like you to come tomorrow at 10 in the morning to discuss the situation of the town and its future."

Then the village chief answered him.

"I am happy with your thanks, and I will be delighted to meet you tomorrow, without further ado, I say goodbye wishing you wisdom and fortune."

The village chief then left, leaving the couple with their entourage in front of the mansion, but when they were about to enter, the royal guards told the couple.

"Baron and Mrs. Valirente, we the royal guards as well as the rest of the staff, as we had explained before, we were only there to escort them and serve them up to here, after this, they will have to fend for themselves with their own means, we wish them the best of the luck, so we said goodbye."

That said, all the staff said goodbye, the most affectionate being those from the Funsei house, who although they wanted to stay, were tied by orders of the crown, after the layoffs the staff with the floats went back, looking for a Hotel to leave after stocking up, leaving the couple quietly at the entrance to the creepy mansion with several suitcases at their feet.

"Well, we're here, after everything that happened to you, so I think this is the beginning of a new life, ¿ don't you think?"

Yulio commented to break the uncomfortable silence and to start his new life with an encouraging phrase but was received by a harsh criticism of his partner.

"Shut up and let's go inside."

Following the cold response, the young woman searched her suitcases for a lamp which she lit and entered the mansion with a suitcase in one hand and the lamp in the other, leaving Yulio silenced with his response which after the impact followed his couple in packing.

Once inside the mansion they realized that inside it is more horrible than on the outside, making the inside appreciate that the mansion was mostly made of sandstone and not wood, since removing the detail that inside there was not a single Furniture, walls and floor were dirty, fractured and in some cases destroyed, was the definition of a ruin, which was scary due to lack of lighting.

And so when the 2 of them were again in awkward silence with all the suitcases in the main room that led to the entrance, Yulio tried again to break the ice.

"Umm home, sweet home, right now it might seem horrible, but I think that overtime ..."

But nevertheless he was interrupted by his adorable wife.

"Shut up once and for all, what you do is worsen the spirits, it is obvious that this mansion is horrible and the town is worse, and the worst thing is that the rumors seem real, this is a land of death, by chance and visualize a small river passing through the town, but the detail is that its waters are black, a sign of contamination. Also almost and we have no money. By chance and we have authority in this town, what a horror, this will certainly be our end."

Finished her cold and logical negativity, her partner only remains for her to say

"Certainly, we are bad, very bad, but I think we still have hope, just think, if there was no hope, as the people are still alive in some way, so I encourage you, we will solve our situation step by step, but for now that we have not started to organize the dinner that is about time."

In response to her partner, Crytal only snorted as mockery and accepted only the idea of ​​dinner, for this reason, they looked in their suitcases for travel snacks and ate them with water in silence sitting on the main staircase that led to the rooms on the first floor. after eating, they toured the mansion a bit and decided to put the suitcases in a more or less impeccable room on the ground floor, and sleep in it throwing some sheets as a quilt.

6