Chapter 12 – Invitation
367 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is the morning of the second day since the shocking news, and the couple was impatient at a new and large table in the dining room in company with some soldiers, reviewing the planning for the earl's visit; until a soldier announced himself from the door from the other side of the door, paralyzing the conversations.

"Excuse me, here is Corporal Ridley asking the Commander for permission to enter, bringing with him news of the Earl."

"Permission granted," said Crystal authoritatively.

The soldier, having obtained the permit, entered only about 3 steps after the door, and then stood firm and began to speak.

"My commander, the scouts have seen Earl Moterio's carriage in the distance, it is estimated that they will arrive in approximately 2 hours."

"Thank you, soldier, well gentlemen, you have already listened, we have 2 hours to prepare as we had planned, each one of you already knows what to do, ¡let's get going! —I order Crystal after hearing the news."

After the order, everyone at the table stood up and began to make the preparations that included escort and food. which were carriage, out without any failure in good time that the Earl's caravan was already 1 km from the town, which was received with 2 well-presented soldiers receiving him at the entrance, and then another 2 to accompany him at a fast pace, for the main street, which was clear, impeccable and guarded and decorated on both sides of the street with disciplined soldiers on each corner, giving us the only flaw the still dilapidated houses which at least were cleaned as best as possible for the event.

"Hmm ... it seems that the reports of the new barons are true that the young lady Valirente lives up to her former status as a genius and daughter of the military, to put this disaster in order hehehe, this will be interesting," he commented. a vain voice of an adult man, inside the darkness of the carriage, as they passed through the street.

After a while, the carriage arrived at its destination which positioned sideways in front of the mansion of the young couple who were waiting in elegant dresses, in front of the entrance door along with some soldiers.

Once the carriage was parked, the driver got out of the carriage, to open the door of the float, which from inside came an elegantly dressed middle-aged man in his mid-40s, pale in complexion, with some wrinkles, reddish hair adorned with wisps of gray hair, blue eyes, and tough and cunning temperance.

once the subject had left the carriage, Yulio, as following the protocol, went ahead of the man, who also began to walk towards him, and once they were 2 steps from each other, Yulio greeted him by shaking his hand telling you.

"Welcome Earl Monterio, I am the new Baron Yulio Valirente "Then I stop shaking his hand to point to his wife saying "And she is my dear wife Crystal Valirente"

When Yulio introduced him, Crystal, now clothed in a beautiful dress, crouched low as he elegantly spread the edges of his skirt with his hands, then resumed your posture, and all this while greeting.

"Pleasure"

"I am very pleased, lord and lady Valirente, as you correctly assumed, I am Earl Edruin Monterio, I am pleased to see both of you so vigorous in this situation and I am also glad that apparently, they have given this people life and hope," said the Earl kindly with a deep voice.

"Thank you for your compliments, we are pleased to know that our humble efforts, that although they are few, are well-valued by a person of his renown," Yulio commented, acting like an educated noble and lick stockings.

"Nothing to see, their efforts are not insignificant, on the contrary, they are very important for this town and the kingdom," the Earl spoke.

"Again, we feel praised for your thanks, but you will excuse me if I suggest that we go inside where we will be more comfortable where we will be able to continue speaking more comfortably, especially for you who are coming from an exhausting trip" Yulio suggested

"Oh, of course, I would be delighted," the Earl thanked the educated.

Next, the group of nobles accompanied by their servants and soldiers entered the mansion, which was impeccable and although simply renovated, without any crack or vestige of the detainee, and they went to a small room where its center was inhabited by 2 large leather furniture, which looked at each other and at the wooden table with short legs.

"I hope this humble room is to your liking and comfort, your esteemed earl." Yulio humbly presented his newly decorated room for the occasion.

"Don't worry, Lord Yulio, this room is very beautiful and cozy," said the Earl, lying inside as he laughed at the poverty of the couple.

"Thanks again for your kindness, and please take a seat feel at home," said Yulio thinking that the Earl is good at lying since his experience told him that the earl was a great hypocrite and that it was very possible that he was leaving. making fun of his room.

"I will take you at the word, Lord Yulio," said the Earl, then went to sit in the nearest chair.

Meanwhile, the couple also settled down to sit together on the other cushion.

"Ohh, what a comfortable chair, ¿don't you think?" The earl commented a little surprised and sincerely.

"Yes, these chairs are truly exceptional, they were made by a skilled carpenter from the town," Crystal said gracefully.

"I see, I see, they must be happy to have such talented people on their land" I speak in Earl

"Oh yes of course, we are happy and proud of our people," Yulio replied.

Subsequently, the 3 were rambling about the current situation, among other things, at which time it gave way for them to serve a tea, and it was at that time that the Earl commented.

"You know when I arrive in this town, I am impressed by the discipline and order of the soldiers, I imagine it was you, Lady Valirente, who accomplished this exceptional job, taking into account your reputation as a genius and your military record."

"Ohh, Lord Monterio praises me, but you have guessed right since this achievement could never be achieved without the great support of my husband" Crystal spoke gratefully while he blatantly lied something that his partner thought inside him.

[¡Lie! You alone subdued and turned the soldiers into your dogs] Yulio thought

"Oh my lady, I do not underestimate you so much, I am sure that with your skills you could achieve it alone, ahh Yulio, ¿do you not feel lucky to have such an excellent wife?" He commented as he looked with eyes that barely reflected a small fraction of desire worldly towards Crystal.

These intentions were captured by Yulio putting it inside him brave, but nevertheless, he had to continue acting in a good way, for which he took advantage of the situation to say.

"I certainly am being the luckiest man in the world to have such a wonderful, charming, and beautiful wife"

Curiously, this show of affection did have some effect on Crystal, making her feel somewhat sorry, considering that she was used to such compliments for her former status.

"Where, dear, stop it, they're embarrassing me," Crystal commented acting.

"Ohh I'm sorry, it's just that being with such a magnificent woman, drives beyond my will, only words of praise, what's more, you know something, such a talented woman confined in this place so desolate and small place instead of somewhere where you talent shines, fills me with feeling, which is why I suggest you move to my lands to be the commander of my forces, oh, of course, Yulio, you too, assets, don't look at me badly" suggested the Earl.

"I apologize Earl, but this proposal, said in that way, is a bit offensive, but going back to the question, I'm afraid it won't be possible, since we are both the lords of this little place, and we have a duty to be here, as well as our sentence," Yulio said

"Ohh this fills me with regret, but please I invite you to reconsider my proposal, you will see that it will only bring you benefits, because look, on the one hand, you will live comfortably in a well-off mansion, with all your needs covered, Lady Valirente will be able to polish your Talent in the military arts, which in turn will improve the security of all these lands, and you will have time and resources to manage your lands, and above all, no one will notice its absence, ”the Earl insisted.

"Lord Monterio, please do not tempt us, your invitation is a great blessing for us, but it is very risky also if we leave as we will face the people," Yulio said

"lord Valirente, your loyalty to your people, leaves me impressed and without much argument, umm, and how about I invite you to experience a little of what I offer you," said the Earl.

"¿As well, lord Monterio? Yulio asked

"Well, you see, ¿how about starting with me on my visit to the fort, and then spending a little time in my territory?" - suggested the Earl

Yulio then looked at his wife for her opinion, which was a nod

"Well, I think we can give in a little to your wishes, at least until after the visit, ¿what do you think?" —Yulio proposed

"Well, it seems that I have no other lord Valirente, it is a deal," the earl yielded.

Then the 3 spoke a little more until the Earl had left their home, but nevertheless, in the couple's thoughts, they were happy that they had achieved their goal of going to the fort without much effort.

6