Ch-10 Fake Prophecy
1k 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I would be more then happy to correct any illogical scenario, grammatical mistakes or any other suggestion.

=============================================================================

I got into my act. Then started waving my hand.

" To find out your destined animal, lets write down 5 names of known creature you want to summon" then i tore each of 3 papers into 5 pieces and handed over to them.

I could read that jiraya had curious expression, Orochimaru had no expression or i could not read and Tsunade had impatient expression like to complete this fart-act quickly.

When they handed over the names, I folded them and put them into a box. Then I randomly selected 6 papers out of 15. I didn't let them know what i picked up.

Then, I put the 'turn-around' on the table horizontally. I wrote names respectively on the six ends- frog, cat, eagle, dog, snake,pig.

Then, I let jiraya to move the pin.

When the pin started to slow down, all three of them have curious expression. After all they are still child and they still wanted to know what animal would turn out. It's the same when in my previous world people didn't much believe in HOROSCOPE but if somehow we happen to see our HOROSCOPE details in news or internet, we occasionally still read it to try it's authenticity.

When the pin stops, It showed frog. Jiraya had dumb expression and other two laughed at him.

Jiraya said "How could it be, I want some fierce animal. What could frog do? It neither could track enemies nor could fight with it. Hey, I want to do it again" Then he moved the pin again.

I wanted to stop him but he moved the pin before i could say anything. I sighed but i didn't say anything because i know that it will again stop at frog.

The trick to horizontal turn-around game is that just tilt the board a little towards the outcome you want. So, I already made a slight slope on the frog beforehand.

Pin still stopped at the frog ultimately. Jiraya jumped " hey, isn't your toy is broken. how could it always stops at frog."

This time I didn't let him lead the conversation then i said "Okay, okay, next " then i moved the board to snake then looked up to Orochimaru "It's your turn". He came and moved the pin.

While the pin was spinning, I said to Jiraya "Hey don't be sad. It's all fate. You cannot escape from it unless you become very powerful. So, accept it or become powerful."

Three of them doesn't know that frogs are still very powerful. There are a lot of Hokage level frogs and a sage who could predict future and have power very close to six-reincarnation.

Pin stopped at snake. When i looked upto Orochimaru, he didn't have any dissatisfaction. Then, I again adjusted the board and looked at Tsunade.

I know that her animal is a slug but I deliberately didn't write the name on the board. I don't want my prophecy results to be 100% sure. It could become a problem if people really started to believe me. I want them to always have skeptical view to my this new gimmick.

It's like if you pray for god before going to exam. It doesn't mean that  every time you will pass the exam with superb marks. It's just mentally helpful that's all. Because of this skeptical attitude that all over the world billions of dollars are spent in churches, temples, lucky charms and fate related objects. They don't believe in it but they still thinks that it doesn't hurt to buy a lucky charm if it is sold very cheaply on road-side corner.

Doubt is something, which lets people spend money and time. Like every year, people watch Oscar movies after it gets the award. People spend money and time to think what was so special about it that it got the award.

When the wheel started to slow down to pig, I felt murderous intent. When I saw blue veins on the forehead of Tsunade, I got really scared. Because i have seen her one time from afar beating jiraya very badly. That kind of violence could really put me 3-4months in hospital.

Although, I recall that her niece had a pig. So, I chose pig for her but seeing her expression. I kind of feeling bad so i mobilized my mental power to move the pin further and it stopped at the line of pig and eagle.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead. It was really dangerous. I think, i would had to repair my shop if the outcome turned out to be pig. I quickly said to her "It seems that your animal is not written on the board so outcome is like that." She seems satisfied with my answer. I guess, she doesn't like pigs.

I said "Okay, now you three stand over there, I will take your photograph with the camera. You could take the sketch tomorrow".

Jiraya said "Wouldn't you always let the girls sit on stool and spent at least 1hr to make the sketch." I turned my back and said "You are not a girl" then i saw Tsunade is also here, so i quickly said "and also, are you willing to stand there for 1hr? I think not"

After this brief episode, I started my daily life. I also completed the task of publication. It will take 1 month for my book to come to the market.

Another four months have passed.................

In last 2-3 months, I sold good number of books.

I didn't think selling books would be so profitable. Funny thing is, money I earned from erotica is more than my novel.

I think, there are very few object of entertainment might be one of the reason for good number of readers.

Mostly, my book is famous among young ninjas but older people also liked it. I think it is because, i put some novel ideas to make new ninjutsu. So, some people are just buying to read those ideas. Young people could be interested in story because they could fantasize themselves as protagonists.

This was just another ordinary day, when I saw Jiraya coming over to my shop. I said to him " hey, how come i didn't saw you in last 4 months"

He said "Nothing, I have been busy training under 3rd hokage." I nodded then asked "So, are you relaxing today?"

"yeah" he said " and i want to inform you that I summoned my beast"

I said "Oh, congratulations!!, so what is it?" while holding back my smile.

To be continued...

20