Ch 14 Investigation bandits
1k 7 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I would be more then happy to correct any illogical scenario, grammatical mistakes or any other suggestion.

=============================================================================

It's been half day since we departed from the village. As a S-class mission, they have to provide me with a safety guard of at least a top elite(jonin) ninja. I was sitting in the cart. Jiraya-trio were around me and team leader is in incognito mode. Team leader is from Hyuga clan(white eye- clan).

 

Structure and details of this world is somewhat different from animation. Because this is a real world so certain political correctness and time lines are not same. Like Tsunade never saw 1st or 2nd hokage, they died before she was born.

In animation, there are lot of content without specifying the correct timeline which would deem impossible if we follow the normal logic. So, there could be lot of things which would not happen exactly like story. In a single world, certain time-periods have stretched. Because novel or animation have to deliver exciting content, so they compress everything and time-line becomes chaotic.

 

Ninja Village always have knowledge to bandit's hideout. Its just they don't pose any threat so until someone post mission about to clear them, ninja generally do not help clearing them.

It's like national intelligence agency. They have a lot of information about tax fraud, thieves, corruption or other small time felons but they only take actions against people who pose threat to national security.

Ninjas village also operate similarly. They have capability of national intelligence and play role of military as well as mercenary. So, they don't interfere with small conflict of ordinary people and crimes committed by them.

 

Generally, warrior do the task of protecting civilian if it involves ordinary bandits and some low level rouge ninja.

So this time when i asked about the details of bandit's nest along the way. They gave me atleast 15 locations from which i only picked 6. I think this much will be sufficient for my training.

 

One day has passed.

Last night i slept in bull-cart and others slept on trees. Today we are going to visit a small village of around 150 people.

We reached the village in the morning. We stayed at the inn which was the only inn in whole village.

Because this is my unilateral action, so we cannot let them know that we came here to kill bandits. Also, there might be a spy in the village.

 

For me this was totally a new experience. How to gather the information regarding bandits? Their numbers, approximate location and how strong are they. What should we do if the bandits are mixed in village as normal villagers. How to identify them.

Jiraya and orochimaru separately took actions. In this small village pretty much everyone know each other. Some unknown lone little girl traveling on street is eye catching. So, I get to tag along with Tsunade.

 

She taught me basics to know the exact power of enemy only then we could plan our action further. We ate some dango on the street and asked the person on vendor if the security around the village is good or should we hire bodyguards.

Somehow we shifted our conversations about bandits and village conditions or the sad condition of villagers. I was supersized by how smooth Tsunade talks and perfectly led the conversations for a 8 year old. It's her 3rd year after graduation. I don't know if all ninjas undergo this type of training after graduation because I never got the chance. It also shows her wisdom is extraordinary.

"So, basically numbers of bandits are around 20. And only 4 people have extraordinary strength and basically are rouge warriors." But I still have doubts, so i asked to the stall owner "still villager could subdue bandits easily. Village still have so many people. Then, they don't have to fear of going out."

"We tried once, but those 4 warrior still escaped our encirclement. From then on they never enter village in full force. Some of them remain outside. If we rebelled then they opt for sneak method in night and then kidnap our children or wives." stall owner further said

"We have to give each month food to them otherwise they would kill and burn in night"

After listening to him, I get to know a different scenario. Bandits are not always all powerful villains who have surrendered whole village under them. Here, they are acting more like a mouse in a house. Owner can kill it only if he is able to catch it.

 

After 2 hour, we all met at the hotel again.

Then orochimaru said " there are two methods. First announce that we are here to deal with bandits. Then, spy will definitely try to alert their boss and try to leave the village. Village is small so we could observe around it easily and after catching the spy we could know exact location. But it will waste one more day"

"Second, We already have general idea where bandits are. We could just trace directly and sneak attack at their base. From bandits we could know that If there are any spy in village then we could come back and kill them. This saves the time"

 

After half an hour we left the village and opted for second method. I get to learn how to trace human in the forest. After another half an hour we reached the bandits hideout.

When it was time to act, I got nervous. I said " can you separate one or two? I want to fight some where so that it will not disturb rest of the group." I wanted to prepare myself to cut people. Even after living in this world for so long, I still feels uncomfortable inside.

 

Orochimaru simply nodded. He performed illusion on two of the gate keepers. They simply unconsciously walked towards the distant area.

I got into the position when two of them become conscious. They were surprised to find me standing in front of them

"who are you?"

I didn't answer them and slash forward.

to be continued......

18