Ch 25 Free will is relative to the power or riches you have in any world
836 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After entering the inn, I separated from the group and went to my own room.

After putting my stuff on the table, I just lied down at the bed looking at the ceiling.
I remembered back in the village when Konoha Secret force people came at my doorstep and asked me to join spy organization.

I was surprised at the fact that village also recruit chakra-less guys as their spy. In this crazy world, I am just slightly above than the bottom of food chain. And they knew exactly what I wanted. They offered me some occult and forbidden physical techniques which would make me stronger. But I guess, it would be detrimental to my life span.

There is no free power.

 

I knew that they approached me because I have already passed their radar of village's trusted people. Like the ramen guy who served Naruto free ramen in anime. He was as much trusted person of the village as other ninjas who have powers.

But the job they gave me was more like a cannon fodder who could die at any moment.

I wanted to tactfully refuse them without letting them feel that i don't want to serve village.

I told them, I needed some time to think but also faked a greedy look for the occult techniques.

 

They let me go. May be, they really believed my acting when i showed greed for techniques. And thought that i would definitely say yes. Although, I deceived them this time but I don't think that I would be able to refuse them again. So, I packed up my luggage and moved out of the village in the name of training.

May be I was overthinking.

But this world is not that liberal. I have realized it in past 10 years. If there is an order passed of any kind, then there is not much any free will for villagers to refuse. Whether you are a person from clan or an ordinary person, you have to obey hokage if you are living in village.

First I felt uncomfortable that even if I am not ninja they can use me as tool person without my free will.
But then, I thought of my previous world. Even if I lived in 21th century, there was still very little free will. Like if govt. wants to sanction some certain company or person in the name of national security although this rarely happens.

First they will come to you in the name of national interest. Then try to morally incite you in name of patriotism. If  you are still refusing then they have N-no. of methods to harass you. Although there are legal courts but it is for rich and powerful people.

 

Here in village, sometimes even geniuses who just graduated from the school have to participate in wars on front line as cannon fodders.
Whether you are in ancient times, modern or in completely different world. "Free will is relative to the power you posses".

 

After that night, I have become more eager to gain power, so that i could control my own destiny.

 

I heaved sigh.

 

I have escaped in the name of experience and i decided to not return to konoha in near future.

May be i will move back when i am confidant about my powers but for now, I have decided to settle here in Iron country.
I don't know if those people from spy organization could come here also. But I assumed that I would not be an important person in their list for recruitment. So, I think they will forget about me if i stay away from village.

 

One more important factor is that most spy organization recruit people at young age and try to instill their ideology into them. If their purpose is for hard core member then training is also needed. So, once you are past certain age these organization will hardly approach you.

So, it is good to spend my teen years in Iron country learning kendo.
And if there is a chance than I want to learn blacksmithing too.

 

One more thing, I knew from this encounter that a powerless person sitting on roadside might be some organizations' spy.

Because before i never thought that people who do not have power like me or common businessman, paddlers or even villagers can be recruited into village's spy organization. So, Now I cannot really behave differently even if i am among ordinary people.

 


Next morning.....

After doing the daily meditation, I opened my notebook and starting writing.

DATE:...\..\....

  1. Physical power: A) I can lift upto 700kg weight
  2. Mental power: A) can perceive objects upto 1 meter
                               B) can view all my internal organs as x-ray or CT-scan
                               C) lift 1 kg weight with mental power

    Skills: A) Kendo: - soft swordsmanship[defensive]
                                    - new technique which was used in last bandit battle. high speed drawing technique which consumes mental and physical strength in a very short time. Can't use this technique repeatedly or in extended fight. So if i can't kill enemy than i will be killed by enemy.[let's call it- DAWN SPLIT-TYPE I]

    Evaluation: According to orochimaru, I can easily kill ninjas who just graduated from ninja academy. And if I uses paper bombs, smoke bombs and other traps then I could fight chunins[junior ninja].

Rough division of Power levels in this world:

Academy graduate ninja(genin)<
junior ninja(chunin)<
middle ninja(jounin)<
elite ninja(special jounin- anbu or roots ninja)<
semi-hokage(white fangs- kakashi father)<
hokage

 

TO be continued....

15