Chapter 02: New Beginnings
44 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for changing the perspective so soon but I really want to show more of this worlds cultures. Sol and Luna will be back soon!

 

*In The Holy Dominion of Tiberius*

 

Brian Siges was halfway through the doorway to a shop where he regularly had been gathering materials for his magical experiments when the earth started shaking. It was so bad that cracks were starting to snake their way around the ground and even up the walls of buildings. Brian looked at the chaos and panicking people around him dumbly. His brain was not quite registering what was happening yet because he had been working well past into the night almost daily. His brain finally understood something was wrong when a piercing headache hit him and the people around him at the same time. Shortly after they all got a message played in their heads

 

....INITIALIZING.....

 

Once Brian's mind cleared he saw in front of him a floating sign with the words...

 

...CLICK TO CONFIRM...

 

Seeing this Brian thought he might be going a little crazy but with the huge earthquake the world might be going a little crazy with him. He gave up trying to rationalize the situation and clicked the little square. When he clicked the square a menu opened showing him several different options.

...STATUS...

[Brian Siges]

[Level] : 01
[Exp] : 00%

[Health] : 100    [Stamina] : 100    [Mana] : 100

[Constitution] : 10[15]   [Intelligence] :  12/[20]  [Wisdom] : 11[20]

[Strength] : 9[15]    [Charisma] : 10[15]   [Dexterity] : 9[15]

[Luck] : 6[10]

...INVENTORY...

[Empty] [04 SLOTS LEFT]

...EVOLUTION...

[Stats not met current requirements]

 

Brian soaked in the shocking new information with some difficulty. "Maybe I am going crazy." He muttered to himself. Looking around though, he found the the people around him were looking at seemingly nothing. Some looked shocked, some scared, and some even seemed exited. Shaking himself out of his shocked state he started heading through the winding alleys and streets that lead to his home thinking he should get home before things get too hectic.

After he arrived home he unlocked the door to his house and headed inside. In his continued sleepy state did not see the signs of forced entry on the doors lock. Walking into his house, that was normally in a constant sate of disorder, he went to the kitchen to fix some food. Only then did he noticed something was amiss because it looked like someone had made food. "What the hell." He thought out loud. With that thought in his mind he turned around to see a stranger holding a knife staring at him with a evil grin.

The stranger leapt into action trying to stab him. "What the FUCK!" Brian shouted with a surprised expression. Unfortunate for him even after trying to evade the insane looking guy his shoulder still got stabbed rendering it useless. Shocked with the sudden jarring pain Brian stumbled back on the floor holding his mangled limb. The man quick to readjust, brought the knife down on him again. Brian was just barely able to block the blades trajectory with his outstretched hand.

With the knife embedded in his palm he should have felt some pain but he only felt a warm feeling rising up his arm. "Must be the adrenaline in my system." he thought. But that rising heat he felt quickly changed into pins and needles and then into a sharp throbbing pain. His arm and hand started to ark electricity. This surprised the both of them and caused his attacker to quickly pull the knife out of his hand and step back. When the blade was a few inches away from his hand all the energy stored in his arm leapt out with a loud CRACK and struck the knife traveling up into the mans body. His attacker tensed up immediately with his face cringing in pain and burns could be seen where the electricity traveled through his body. The electricity suddenly ran out of energy causing him collapsed on the floor. On the way to the ground though, the man smacked his head on the kitchen counter top and then hit his head again on the floor where he lay burnt and bleeding.

...YOU HAVE KILLED LVL (03) MURDERER...

Brian stared at his hand in wonder completely forgetting that he had been stabbed twice and not noticing the notification that just popped up. Normally to channel magic like this one would have to carve a magic circle onto something and take natural mana out of the atmosphere to fuel it, but he seemed able to do it all within his body unassisted. Before his thoughts could get too deep into his newfound ability he got another set of notifications reminding him of the System Menu.

 

...YOU HAVE LEVELED UP... 

...YOU HAVE EARNED A LEVEL (01) TREASURE CHEST...

...YOU HAVE EARNED A +1 STAT ROCK...

Brian quickly brought up his menu

...STATUS...

[Brian Siges]

[Level] : 02
[Next Lvl] : 23%

[Health] : 46/100 (bleeding)    [Stamina] : 100/100    [Mana] : 28/100

[Constitution] : 10[15]   [Intelligence] :  12/[20]  [Wisdom] : 11[20]

[Strength] : 9[15]    [Charisma] : 10[15]   [Dexterity] : 9[15]

[Luck] : 6[10]

...INVENTORY...

[Lvl (01) Treasure Chest]

[+1 Stat Rock]

[02 SLOTS LEFT]

...EVOLUTION...

[Stats not met current requirements]

Brian, seeing as he could only really do one thing, chose to open the treasure chest.

...OPENING TREASURE CHEST IN...

...THREE...

...TWO...

...ONE...

...TWO ITEMS RECEIVED...

[One Lesser Health Stimulant and a Small Magic Dagger]

It took him a while to get his head around the fact that two items just spawned out of nowhere and plopped down on the floor. Just like the idiot he often tells himself that he is Brian remembered he had been stabbed twice. He glanced at what the System called a "health Stimulant." Mentally shrugging his shoulders because he was to injured to actually do it he picked up the health stimulant to see if it had instructions. All it had on it was "stab it in the area near the injury."

Brian himself was a bit dubious about the whole thing because it seemed ridicules, nothing like this existed on the market before the earthquake. Either way he steeled himself against the incoming pain by turning his head away and jabbed the stimulant near the wound on his shoulder. Not long after, a searing pain shot through his body as the quote on quote "medicine" worked through his body. He looked over to inspect the wound to see a partially closed hole with steam coming out of it. This was a little to much for Brian as he passed out when he saw that.

 

 

 

Brian's System Menu

(I'll be adding this at the end of each chapter so it will be easier for people to keep track of changes)

Spoiler

...STATUS...

[Brian Siges]

[Level] : 02
[Next Lvl] : 23%

[Health] : 77/100    [Stamina] : 100/100    [Mana] : 28/100

[Constitution] : 10[15]   [Intelligence] :  12/[20]  [Wisdom] : 11[20]

[Strength] : 9[15]    [Charisma] : 10[15]   [Dexterity] : 9[15]

[Luck] : 6[10]

...INVENTORY...

[Small Magic Dagger]
[+1 Stat rock]
[02 SLOTS LEFT]

...EVOLUTION...

[Stats not met current requirements]

 

[collapse]

 

 

2