Chapter: 3 – Wendy and Devil Fruits
1.4k 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: I changed Zach to ZAch; because i like it better.

..............................................................................................................................................................

After walking out of the wooden house; ZAch, Oceana and Marco walked towards the coast, arriving at the coast both ZAch and Marco stopped while Oceana walked to the edge of coast and dived into sea water.

After waiting for about 3 minutes the sea area where Oceana jumped into started to lift up; and not long after a caravel size ship plunged out of the sea.

This ship is is my Mother's in which she and Oceana used to go on adventures before my birth; it was hidden in the sea after coating it with bubble that allowed it to remain undamaged even when hidden in the sea, the name of this ship is [Crane Wing].

Crane Wing is probably about the same size as the Going Merry that served as Straw Hats ship up to Water 7 in the main story line as both are Caravel size ship.

"So this ship is still alive?" Marco said in a muttering tone.

Upon hearing Marco say that ZAch turned and asked, "Do you know of this ship brother Marco?"

"Not really; it's just I saw Crane Wing for the first time when Father sent it to Lady Verriene, although I don't know much but Father once said that it's a very special ship; looking at it still in such a perfect condition; I guess it may really be a special ship." Marco

"Although I don't understand what you want to say; but Crane Wing was left to me by mother; therefore it is indeed a very special for me." ZAch said while looking at the beautiful boat.

"Come on you guys; the ship's ready for the sail." came the voice of Oceana who was waving at us from the ship.

After hearing Oceana say; Marco picked up ZAch; and a pair of blue wings appeared from his back that are covered in blue flames; although they are covered in flames but there is no heat coming of those blue flames.

With the appearance of these these flaming wings Marco flew carrying ZAch and within 20 sec landed on the ship.

After both ZAch and Marco appeared on the deck; Oceana turned and walked towards the steering wheel to take the direction of the ship and within few minutes the ship set sail away from the the small Island.

Upon realizing that the ship was going away; ZAch turned back and shouted towards the island "MOOOOMM!!! I PROMISE THAT THE NEXT TIME WE MEET, I WILL BE A VERY STRONG PERSON!"

As soon as ZAch's voice fell whole island burst into cheer; various birds flying around the island, and various island beasts came to the coast to bid farewell to ZAch and Oceana.

With this Crane Wing set sail full speed ahead and soon the home island disappeared from sight.

................................

ZAch turned to the front and as soon as he was going to walk inside lounge a sharp bird cry came followed by Oceana's call who was pointing into the sky. "Look ZAch it's Wendy, she came back; probably she would have brought some gift for you."

For those of you wondering; Wendy is the name of a bird; not some 13-year old wizard with dark blue hair carrying an arrogant white exceed cat; she is a crane with same color feather as my hair i.e. Snow White and same color eyes i.e. Crimson Red. Her age is also not much older than me; when I once asked her she said she is 6 year old; I saved it's life once when I was 2 years old; and since than I and Wendy are good friends. 

Wendy approached the ship and than landed besides ZAch, Seeing Wendy standy beside him; ZAch rubbed her head; which she has always liked and after receiving care she dropped something akin to a fruit at the feet of ZAch.   

"So, ZAch what did she bring you this time?" Asked Oceana who also saw the Wendy drop something over ZAch.

"Well, it's a Devil Fruit." ZAch replied Oceana's question while picking up the Devil Fruit and identifying which Devil Fruit is it?

"What? It's just a Devil Fruit? I thought Wendy would bring something interesting." Oceana immediately lost interest as soon as she heard that it was a devil Fruit.

Marco on the other hand had a complete opposite reaction compared to Oceana; initially he was quite surprised that a crane brought a Devil Fruit for ZAch but seeing Oceana's lack of interest he didn't seem to understand the situation.

If anyone is put in Oceana's place they should be either shocked and excited; but she on the other hand lost interest as soon as she heard that it's Devil Fruit; what is this situation?

Although for Marco Devil Fruits are not that rare; as a crew member of the fearless whitebeard pirated Marco has seen many Devil Fruits and it's users; he himself if the user of a Devil Fruit; his Devil Fruit is a Bird Bird Fruit, Model: Phoenix which is a Mythical Zoan type; the most rarest. 

You know; Devil Fruits are called treasure of the sea; it is true that the user become a duck in sea but still eating a Devil Fruit is the fastest way to gain strength; even he himself is majorly dependent on his his Devil Fruit for his current strength and yet Oceana doesn't seem to be interested? How is this situation?

Seeing Marco's questioning eyes Oceana explained the situation to him, "I know you are thinking why is it that I have lost interest in this matter as soon as I found out that what Wendy brought was just a Devil Fruit isn't it?"

"Just a Devil Fruit?" Marco asked with an incredible expression.

"Yeah just a Devil Fruit! If I were in your position even I would be quite surprised but now I am not; I mean its not like this is the first time, every time Wendy comes back after a long journey she brings a Devil Fruit back with her; if you count; ZAch already has few Devil Fruit. Don't you ZAch?" Oceana explained.

"Hmm; yeah! this is sixth Devil Fruit that Wendy has brought." ZAch replied Oceana while trying to identify the name of this Devil Fruit.

"What? ZAch you have six Devil Fruits?" Marco asked with shocked expression.

"Hmm, yeah; by the way why do you have such a shocked expression?" ZAch turned to ask Marco while walking towards the luggage bags.

Hearing ZAch's words Marco is even more incredible; and he observes ZAch who seem indifferent; and Oceana who doesn't seem to have much interest; so he doesn't even know what to say to them.

While Marco was still shocked ZAch brought out a treasure chest from one of the luggage bags kept on the deck and opened it.

Marco was more surprised when he saw the contents of this chest; looking closely there are 5 Devil Fruits lined up; anyone seeing what he saw currently will have their eyes pop out.

A five year old kid carrying 5 Devil fruit with him? Can someone believe it? He won't if he didn't see the truth himself. But reality gives him a hard slap

"Do you want 1 brother Marco? Well; all the Devil Fruits I have are strong if developed well. The ones I have are Speed-Speed Fruit, Size-Size Fruit and Gem-Gem Fruit and Room-Room Fruit from the Paramecia Department, then there is one of Mythical Zoan, Tree-Tree Fruit, Model: Dryad and now this that Wendy has brought is also a Mythical Zoan: Bird-Bird Fruit, Model: Snow Bird. if I am correct." ZAch

"Honestly; I am really surprised how you are so casual about Devil Fruits ZAch? You know they are really rare; although you can find many Devil Fruit users in Grand Line; but in the 4-Blues Devil Fruits are akin to legends; and here you are carrying 6 of such high level fruit of which 2 are even of the rarest Mythical Zoan Class; with such nonchalant attitude? It's really hilarious." Marco 

"Well; it is what it is!" ZAch

"You!...Forget it! And I don't want any of them you keep them; by the way which of these six are you going to be eating?" Marco

"Well, you don't want any? that's fine then and as for eating? Neither of these, I have already decided the Devil Fruit I want to eat and it's not among these therefore these will be used by my crew mates in the future." ZAch 

"Are you really serious ZAch? You have 6 Devil Fruits of such high value and  you aren't going to them but some other one? Man if people hear it they will almost choke." Marco

"Well there is a Devil Fruit I really want to eat therefore I am not going to eat these; it's something I decided and I am not going to change this thought." ZAch said in a serious manner.

"hahahah, really? So ZAch which Devil Fruit do you want to eat?" Marco asked curiously

"Which Devil Fruit?" ZAch asked in a questioning tone.

"Yup! Which one is it?" Marco

"Yeah! Tell us Zach! Even I am curious as to which Devil Fruit you want to eat?" Oceana also asked

"Of course...... it's a secret, I am not going to tell you; you will have to wait and see for yourself." ZAch said mischievously.

"Hey come on, that's no fun! Let me guess, you want to eat a fruit of Logia department like Water-Water Fruit don't you?, because they are said to be most difficult to deal with! Isn't it?" Marco said while making a wild guess.

"Or maybe; some kind of super rare Paramecia type like Time-Time Fruit?" Oceana also presented her guess.

"It may be, it may be not; you have to wait and see for yourself." ZAch said and then put back the treasure chest containing 6 Devil Fruits inside the bag.  

"Well then I will wait to see which Devil Fruit is it that you want to eat that you can give up on so many rare ones." Marco

"Well there is one and you will have to wait a few years to see." ZAch turned back and replied.

"If that's the case; then so be it, by the way ZAch how come your bird friend is able to find so many Devil Fruit? I mean this crane is not really not simple if she is able to find out Devil Fruits; and I doubt it's a coincidence for her to be able to find Devil Fruits; if that were the case at most it will happened once or twice not freaking six times." Marco asked ZAch while looking at Wendy with doubtful eyes.

"I don't really know much, but from what I can tell; Wendy is able to find Devil Fruit; and she brings them to me; each time this happened she was gone for a few months; so all I can deduce is that it's probably her ability." ZAch replied with his hand holding his chin as if in a deep contemplation.

"Well; it maybe her talent; but you have to make sure that no other people finds out about this ability of her; or else any number of forces will covet Wendy, and if this information reaches World Government; then they won't stop at any end from capturing her; so make sure to keep this fact a secret; after all a bird with ability to find Devil fruit is enough to change the balance of power; therefore you have to be extremely careful in regards to Wendy." Marco said in a serious tone.

"I know brother Marco! I will not share this fact with other people; currently only you and Oceana knows this." ZAch also said in a serious tone.

Of course I won't tell anyone about this fact; and even if people to find it's not gonna change anything; after all being able to find Devil Fruits is not related to Wendy alone but me too and if this news is leaked then my life will be more threaten; therefore I really have to be the strongest if I want to be free; and that I surely will.  

29