Chapter: 4 – Journey, Dream and Desire
1.2k 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Its's been 3 months since we left the home Island; sailing with a caravel size ship in the New World is pretty dangerous act but thanks to the excellent Navigation skills of Oceana and strong strength of both Oceana and Marco the journey so far is not uncomfortable.

Weather in New World has always been on the unpredictable side and if the ship doesn't have an excellent Navigator then it's not surprising for fleets to disappear.

Not only that there will always be strange and unbelievable ocean current; some like a maze; while some like a whirlpool; if somewhere it was 90* descending then the other time it was 90* ascending, sometimes you will not find even a single sea beast around while the other time you will find dozens of island whales, sometimes its freezing cold and sometime burning hot. There are cases when the wind itself will stop blowing while there are also times when most of people will encounter sudden storms.   

Since mother encountered a terrible sea storm that completely sunk her crew and nearly took her life therefore she put most of her effort in learning Navigation skills and knowledge which she eventually taught to Oceana making her a top of the charts Navigator and combined with her strong strength and extreme beauty; she really is an ideal Navigator one could really ask for.

Well all that aside; so far the journey has been stable; with Oceana's skill we didn't encounter much trouble in navigation and become prey of storms.

I remember that in the Original series Golden Lion Shiki became prey of a storm that sunk most of his fleet; it can be said a good luck that the Roger Pirates who were facing the Golden Lion Pirates at the time remained safe while the Golden Lion Pirates lost of most of their fleet and Shiki himself also got a steering wheel attached to his head.

Therefore that dread of the climate of New World is really terrible; even a strong pirate one such as Golden Lion could not escape it's clutches; therefore to be able to to cheat it is really major deal; thankfully Oceana is here therefore we don't really have to be worried.   

Occasionally, there will be pirates ships visible but seeing such a small ship of ours; they weren't much interested; and since we intentionally avoided trouble; therefore pirates didn't come to bother us.

How can the pirates even think about bothering about such a small ship? In the New World survival itself is extremely difficult; and seeing that such a small ship can sail unhindered; they must have had some doubts about it; but since they are pirates of the New World they must also understand the power system here; those who can survive in the New World are not just some guys with muscles in their brains. At the very least they must have realized that there would be people in this small ship that are extremely strong to be able to sail unobstructed; and therefore these pirates  don't want to unintentionally offend someone they couldn't really afford to; which is why they didn't come to seek trouble.

There were also times when Marines spotted our ship but since Marco has disguised himself and marines don't really have any information about me or Oceana and also because we didn't raise a pirate flag therefore they were also not much interested in us.

This seemingly boring journey continued as is, there were many islands we passed by; some were big while some were small; some were inhibited by humans; some were not; some had strange and very strong beasts living in very dangerous forests while some were completely deserted, since our ship is small therefore we have to stop on almost every island to restock our food and supplies; money wasn't really a problem; and with Oceana along food was also delicious.

Everyday I would train with Marco to become strong; currently I know that I can't even defeat a normal seamen therefore I had the determination to grow stronger faster.

Brother Marco said that this journey from home island in the New World to the Goa Kingdom in East Blue will at least take 1 year,  as we have to first sail across the new world and then sneak into the first half of the Grandline via Fishman island then again completely sail through the first half and enter East Blue after crossing reverse mountain and then sail to Goa Kingdom, therefore it won't be surprising if it took us about a year to reach our target destination; therefore I didn't intend to waste my time just travelling which is why indulged myself into training rigorously.

................................

One night when I was sleeping in my room; I had a dream; in the dream I was inside a forest; the trees in this forest were very big probably 100 meters tall; if not guessed wrong; while in the dream I wasn't much surprised as if not for the first time facing such a strange situation; and soon started exploring the island; after about an hour of walking I finally crossed the forest.

When walking I came to a plane grass field that seemed to be spreading endlessly; but I know that this plain field is not endless as I am currently on an island. while looking around I muttered, "Which island is it this time?"

It's not as though this was my first time when I was on some sort of island while in a dream; if really counted correctly then this is my seventh time; and as for the previous six times? Hehehhe, you may have guessed correctly; each time I was on a different type of island; but there was a fact that they were isolated from human habitation.

For those people still confused; then I will explain more clearly; each time I had such a dream I would find myself on some sort of isolated island and after much exploration I will end up finding a Devil Fruit on that particular Island; but I am unable to eat the Devil Fruit as I am still in a dream; After I pick up the Devil Fruit; I will wake up from the dream and at the same time the information about location and position of the Devil Fruit and that very island that I dreamed about will come to my brain which I then pass onto Wendy and then she goes to that particular island and brings me the Devil Fruit present there.

This is the secret of how Wendy can collect so many Devil Fruits; as for why I am able to see such dreams? For that we will have to go back a few years; before the birth of the child name ZAch D. Louis also called ZAch Newgate.

Few years ago,

In a modern city a 17 year old boy was walking on the edge of the road with a frustrated look. The boy was disappointed with his life; it was not that his life was troublesome; frankly speaking his life was still much better than most of the people in this world.

He had good clothes to wear, good food to eat, he was able to go to a school that was not too bad, although he was from a poor family but life wasn't too tough if objectively speaking.

This boy is one of the top students in his class and was also preparing for the entrance exam of nations one of the top college for graduation; anyone will think that his life is not too bad.

But only he knew how he was living, his father's work was not going well; therefore it was getting increasingly difficult for him to pay his tuition fees; moreover the pressure of studies for college preparations was continuously increasing.

In the family there was only him and his father; therefore there was no one to cook to cook for him at home and he had to regularly eat junk food which also affected his health conditions.

His mother left them both because of their poverty when he was only a 7 years old kid, and his father was quite strict so he didn't have anyone in his family to confide his heart to; as most of the time his father was busy with work therefore didn't have much time to spend with him; and the occasional conversation they would have was mostly about his career and studies; nothing much about interests and liking.

He also didn't have anyone he could call a real friend; although there was a girl he liked very much but she didn't have similar feeling towards him; although the boy confessed his feelings but the girl he liked didn't find him much attractive as member of opposite sex therefore he didn't know what to think about himself after that; and he also didn't really have much confidence on himself because of continuous criticism he received from his father.

Therefore if someone ask him if there was anyone who really understood him?

The answer would be a big fat NO!

As a result he was now just a shell; with some consciousness who was just functioning the tasks society asked him to do, whether exams and tests he could easily score high because such low level knowledge didn't cause him much problem who was preparing for nations top college.

The only time when he felt alive was when he would either read some sort of manga or light novel; or watch some anime, those wonderful pictures and stories would lead him to the wonderful and adventurous sea of imagination where he would find his blood boiling; adrenaline would rush to his brain and although only for a short while but he will feel alive; but at the end of the all this is just his facade.

The boy doesn't want to face reality; he is now indifferent and simply does not care about anything around; he just wants to quit on this life and wants to live in a different world.

While busy in his imagination the boy continued walking with a frustrated look; because he knew that something like that won't ever happen; and this thought just makes him more dejected and disappointed; as if the only thing that interests him is not real.

He wanted to go on an adventure..........

He wanted his life to be the way he wanted.............

He wanted something to happen..........Something wonderful.........Something adventurous while also thrilling..........

He really wanted his life to change.............. 

 

And that's when it really happened...............

And this happening also changed his life...............

24