Chapter: 6 Red Hair Shanks
1.2k 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

East Blue, on a small peaceful seaport village in Goa Kingdom.

A young boy not more that 7 year old wearing white t-shirt with an anchor image on it, blue shorts and wooden slippers with a small dagger in his left hand is currently standing on the figure head of a giant pirate ship that docked at this seaport village about a year ago, 

"Oi! What are you doing Luffy?" asked a pirate with iconic red hair wearing a yellow straw hat on top.

That's right Luffy! This child is none other than Monkey D. Luffy, the main protagonist of the story One Piece

"Humph! I'm not joking this time!! I've had enough! I'll prove it for you all to see!" snorted the young Luffy while lifting the dagger up.

"Ha Ha Ha! Go for it! Let's see what you're gonna do!" said the red hair guy wearing straw hat.

"What do you think ZAch? What funny thing is Luffy going to do this time?" said another pirate to a 9 year old boy with waist length snow white hair, crimson red eyes, wearing black t-shirt and black shorts, sitting next to the pirate who asked him the question.

This child is none other than Loise D. ZAch.

"What can this idiot do? Obviously he is going to put a cut on himself to prove his bravery!" ZAch said with an annoyed expression.

Even ZAch has to sigh on Luffy's idiocy, obviously ZAch new what was Luffy going to do not only based on his memories from his past life but also from the past 3 years he spent with Luffy.

That's right, it's been almost 3 years since ZAch and Oceana arrived at Foosha Village.

During these past 3 years; other than training under Oceana's guidance; ZAch spent most of his time with Luffy and therefore is quite familiar with his behavior.  

As soon as ZAch's words fell; Luffy's painful cry came.

When ZAch turned to look at Luffy; he had made a cut under his left eye.

Seeing Luffy's action most of the pirates on the deck panicked and started shouting at him. After a while when the doctor on this ship treated Luffy's injury most of them went to the Partys Bar in order to celebrate and drink.

The scene changes to Partys Bar.

"Let's Drink up and celebrate to Luffy's Craziness and to our greatness!" said pirate A

"Ga Ha Ha Ha, Drink! Drink!" Pirate B

"Sake! Sake! Bring out more Sake!" Pirate C

"Idiot! That's My Meat!" Pirate D

"Shut up! It's mine!" Pirate E

"Yo, Cut it out! To Brawl while you're drunk is so shameful!" Pirate F

"Ah- it didn't hurt one bit." Luffy said while he still has tears in the corner of his eyes.

"Liar! Don't do anything so stupid again!" shouted the red hair pirate with a shark face.

"I'm not afraid of pain at all! Next time bring me out to sea! I want to be a pirate too!" Luffy said excitedly with the most wonderful smile.

"You can't handle being a pirate! Not Being able to swim is a pirate's greatest weakness! Look at ZAch; he can swim while you can't even swim, wouldn't I rather take him instead of an Anchor!" said the red hair pirate wearing the yellow straw hat.

"Hey Shanks; what's your way of speaking as if I am your last choice!" ZAch said to shanks with an annoyed tone.

That's right, Shanks, or more accurately Red Hair Shanks; Captain of the fearless Red Hair pirates, who is already a Yonko in the New World. 

"Sorry- Sorry, I'm just telling Luffy that you're much better than him; so if I really take someone; it would be you who can at least swim instead of the weak Anchor." Shanks said to ZAch while laughing.

ZAch just turned his face after listening to Shanks apology, while Luffy of the other hand became angry as Shanks was making fun of him.

"As Long as I stay onboard the ship, I will be fine! Besides my fighting is pretty good too!" Luffy said angrily.

"I've rigorously trained before trained before, my punch is as strong as pistol fire!" Luffy said happily

"Pistol? Wow.... Really?" Shanks said with a lazy expression, he didn't believe Luffy one bit.

"What Kind of tone is that!? You can ask ZAch? Isn't it true, my punch is as strong as a Pistol?" Luffy first angrily said to Shanks later happily asked ZAch.

"Sure Sure, why not?" ZAch also said with Lazy expression.

Luffy was more angry upon hearing ZAch's Lazy tone.

In this way Luffy and Shanks kept arguing; at some point other members asked if they should take Luffy to sea but later all of them denied Luffy when Shanks mention they can exchange their positions on the deck with Luffy. Later Ben Beckman explained to Luffy about why they can't take Luffy to the sea; while Shanks continued to tease Luffy.

At some point a 19 year old girl with green hair and wearing typical village girl clothes came in the Bar carrying a small wooden barrel.

She is Makino; the owner of this Partys Bar.

"Captain you seem to be happy as always." Makino asked Shanks 

"Yep. Making fun of him is my joy." Shanks said while laughing.

Which irritated Luffy more.

Makino just smiled at the two's quarrel and asked Luffy and ZAch if they wanted to eat something. Because Oceana is currently out of Foosha Village to buy somethings therefore Makino is taking care of ZAch's food.

The quarrel between Shanks and Luffy continued. 

ZAch on the on the other hand was not much interested in watching them quarrel; he was pretty used to it; therefore he went to Ben Beckman and discussed with him about various things and about the stories of adventures of Red Hair Pirates.

The whole Partys Bar was cheerful until the gate of the bar was suddenly kicked open loudly; that caused whole Bar to become silent.

Looking at the gate, few people were standing, "Hehe... So this is what a pirate looks like huh? This is the first time I have seen Pirates. They all seem pretty dumb to me." a man walked into the war following the mocking words. He was followed by a bunch of man that looked pretty fierce. The man walked to the bar counter, "We are Bandits, We're not here to cause any trouble, we just wanna buy 10 barrels of Sake." His tone clearly had no apology in it.

Upon hearing the Bandit leader; Makino was under some pressure; but she still politely replied "I'm sorry but we're out of sake."

Hearing Makino'r reply, "Oh? That's strange then what are they drinking? Is it water?"

"It's sake. But that's all we have." Makino again replied with same polite tone.

"I'm sorry! Look's like we've finished all the sake here. Sorry about that, here if you don't mind take the last bottle." Shanks offered the last sealed bottle of sake to the bandit leader.

Hearing Shanks, bandit leader took the bottle and broke it over Shanks head which made the atmosphere in the bar tense and nobody except ZAch noticed that Luffy just finished eating a bite from a strange purple color fruit with spiral patterns on it.

Then the Bandit leader started flashing his bounty poster and started talking about his deeds of killing other people, and warned the rest of the pirates to stay away from them or else them might also die.

Upon seeing the bounty poster with a value 8 million berry; ZAch finally spoke,"Well bandit guy you don't have to be so proud of just 8 million bounty you know!" 

ZAch's words brought the attention of everyone in the Bar upon him. Even the bandit leader turned to look at the twerp who dared to speak to him.

"Haah? What did you say?"

"All I'm saying is that just 8 million bounty isn't something to be really proud off! As far as I know; the pirates in the grand line have bounty over 100 million berries, there are even some pirates with bounty over a billion berries; 8 million might now even be enough for their one time food cost, therefore be careful or one of such pirate might take interest in your bounty as a cost for paying his/her food bill. Isn't that right guys?" ZAch asked the rest of the red hair pirates to which they all started laughing.

The bandit leader became both confused and angry as to why this kid said such stuff but many red hair pirates seem to be thinking that it might be a good idea to use the bounty offered by this bandit as their food bill. 

Poor Bandit Leader doesn't even have any slightest idea that few words that this twerp said might just be the cause of his death.

"I don't know what you mean brat! But......... these pirates looks nothing more than idiots to me!" said the bandit leader and suddenly turned around and waved his sword to destroy all the food and stuff still kept on bar counter and mocked Shanks who was sitting on the floor and trying to clean up the broken bottle of sake.

After doing all these he walked to the gate of the bar; while walking he turned to take a look at ZAch who had a faint smile while looking at himself as if mocking and then went out.

After few seconds the bandits left the bar all the pirates started laughing at Shanks, because their captain looked silly. Even Shanks was laughing at his silliness; to which Luffy got angry, he talked about how it was disgraceful, and how Shanks was neither a Man nor a Pirate but just a coward.

Shanks explained that it was just a bottle of Sake; nothing to get worked up about.

To which Luffy became irritated and started walking away from Shanks.

Seeing Luffy go out in anger Shanks held one of his hand, but then something incredible happened, the hand that Shanks held stretched while Luffy continued to walk.

Everyone was shocked by this, they had their eyes pop out.

Then the story followed it's original course, Lucky Roax found out that the devil fruit they took from an enemy pirate was gone. Luffy admitted to have eaten it as desert but it tasted pretty bad, and then Shanks explained to Luffy that it was no desert but a Devil Fruit; one of the rarest treasures of the sea, and how the person who ate a devil fruit will never be able to swim in the sea; upon hearing which Luffy's mouth fell.

Seeing all this ZAch just laughed. 

...........................................

A few days later,

Zach was training at home when a bird flew in from the window; and told that few bandits are hurting Luffy.

Upon hearing the bird Zach just picked up the metal rod nearby and walked out of the house while running.

Upon reaching outside Partys bar ZAch saw the bandit leader stepping Luffy under his foot while the Village Chief and Makino were begging the Bandit leader to let go of Luffy but since Luffy continued to be angry with the bandit leader and called him a 'Wild Baboon' therefore the Bandit leader decided to kill him.

As ZAch arrived both Village Chief, Makino and Bandit Leader noticed him.

"ZAch you're here; is Oceana back?" asked village chief.

"Don't worry Chief! Although Oceana is still not in the Village but I am here; as long as I am here nothing's gonna happen to Luffy!" ZAch said to Chief to reassure him.

Upon hearing ZAch' declaration one of the bandit started laughing.

"Hahahahaha, Nothing's gonna happen? Are you going to save this brat? So how are you going to do it? Aren't you just a brat too? Our Boss has 8 million bounty and we are more than 50 men here, so what can a twerp like you do? Boss how about I take care of him." said a bandit while pointing his gun at ZAch but looking towards the bandit leader to ask if should kill this twerp who clearly didn't know to mess with wrong people.

"Do i......" "SMACK""CRACK" however before the words of the bandit leader came out; the guy who asked bandit leader fell to the ground, looking closely; he had blood coming of his skull and staining the ground red.

Obviously it was ZAch who smashed the head of this nameless bandit with the metal pipe which resulted in his skull making cracking sound.

"As I said, as long as I'm here nothing's gonna happen to Luffy; and besides it's not like I have to defeat all of you because someone else will do that." ZAch said as he started sprinting towards other Bandit.

As he got near Bandit A, ZAch instantly jumped left and then smacked his head with metal rod and continued towards bandit B while Bandit A fell to the ground similarly to previos nameless Bandit. Bandit B drew out his sword seeing ZAch coming towards him; as soon as ZAch appeared near him; Bandit B waved his sword towards ZAch; in response to which ZAch also brought out the metal rod to block the incoming sword slash; and at the same time spit on the face on the Bandit B to distract him while also kicked hard on the right knee on the Bandit B; which disrupted the guy's balance because of the breaking of leg; as a result he fell.

Seeing Bandit B fall ZAch wasn't much surprised just ran towards Bandit C who already had his gun pointed a him; while sill in sprint; ZAch threw the metal rod towards Bandit C's head; who dodged it on a reflex; meanwhile ZAch has already arrived at 1 m distance from Bandit C; and made a jump towards the head of Bandit C and before Bandit C could react; ZAch twisted the guys' neck at 180* by locking it and spinning it between the legs and went for the Bandit D; whose ankle were cut with the dagger ZAch brought out from under his sleeve leaving Bandit D immobile. Bandit E was hit hard on the head head  with the metal rod that ZAch picked up and as such one after other Bandit F, G H, I, J, K and L were also knocked out.

Luffy,  Makino and Village Chief watched ZAch in amazement.

Luffy aside both Village Chief and Makino knew that ZAch's guardian Oceana had a very strong strength; but they didn't expect ZAch to be strong too.

Luffy on the other hand was also shocked.

However, the bandit leader was very angry. 13 of his men were taken out by a brat only 8 or 9 year old.

"Che, a bunch of waste." said the bandit leader "Boom" then he fired a bullet into the sky.

Upon hearing the sound of bullet all the attention was finally upon him again; even ZAch who was constantly taking out bandits also stopped; after hearing the the sound of bullet firing.

"Oi Brat? Do you think you can save this twerp by knocking out few of my men? He will die today! When a weakling like him insults me I feel very angry! Therefore he has to die." Bandit Leader declared while pointing his gun at Luffy under his feet.

Luffy on the other hand didn't flinch one bit and continued to insult the bandit leader. 

Angered by Luffy's continued insults; the bandit leader took out the sword on his waist with his right hand while still having a gun in his left hand pointed at Luffy.

"Luffy!!!" Makino shouted in worry.

"Pl...Please!! Let him go!" begged the Village Chief.

ZAch was obviously not worried about Luffy being shot as that guy was now made of rubber; and it would naturally not hurt Luffy but instead just bounce off unless coated with Haki; but obviously these low class bandits aren't capable of using Haki.

As Zach was about to move a voice came that relieved ZAch of all the tension.

"I was wondering why no one welcomed us at the port..... So this is why.....Hey you guys were the bandits from the other day..... Luffy! What's wrong? Isn't your punch as strong as strong as pistol fire?"

"...... SHUT UP!!!" Luffy was was still being trampled under foot was highly irritated by the mockery.

Obviously it was none other than Shanks who mocked Luffy.

"Pirate... ... Why are you still here? Are you going to clean up the whole town this time? I suggest you leave right now or I might have to open fire you coward!" said the bandit leader in a sarcastic tone.

Shanks ignored the Bandit leader's contempt and kept walking forward; 'Bandit I' tried to scare away Shanks by pointing his gun at Shanks but was shot down right in the head by Lucky Roax and died. 

Then there was a heavy talk; Shanks said stuff like how these bandits are allowed to do anything to him; he would laugh it off; but nobody is allowed to mess with his friends; to which Luffy finally realized that Shanks considers him a close friend while the Bandit leader laughed at Shanks idiocy; at the end Ben Beckman took on the rest of the bandits alone and defeated them without even getting a scratch; he even had time to mock them so as to not to overestimate themselves.

"...Wow..." Luffy was again surprised at how Ben Beckman easily defeated all the bandits; he was also shocked at how ZAch who is only 2 years older that him was so strong.

"Amazing..." Makino

"Hey Makino you didn't have that reaction when I defeated them, That's not fare!" ZAch said while pouting.

"Yeah kid! you are quite powerful for being a kid." Said Lucky Roax who was chomping on meat.

While ZAch and the other's were busy in the conversation; bandit leader used a smoke bomb to run away and also kidnapped Luffy.

Then the incident followed as in the story; Shanks rescued Luffy but also sacrificed an arm; with this Luffy also realized that the reason why Shanks didn't take Luffy along is because the Sea is very dangerous while Luffy is obviously very weak.

Before leaving Shanks also gave his straw hat to Luffy upon listening to Luffy's declaration to become the King of The Pirates and the two made a certain promise.

As Shanks was leaving ZAch walked towards him.

"Shanks!" ZAch said.

Shanks and Ben Beckman turned to look at ZAch.

"I'm sorry ZAch, I have only one hat; so I can't give you one." Shanks said while laughing.

"It's alright Shanks; besides my dream is not to become the King of the Pirates. I want your help in regards to something." ZAch 

"Oh help? What is it?" Shanks asked curiously.

"..............." ZAch.

"Alright! I'll take care of it!" Shanks agreed hearing the matter ZAch asked Shanks help for.

"Thank you." ZAch said thank you.

Later the Red Hair Pirates finally said good bye; then set sail. 

26