Chapter: 7 Friends.
1.1k 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2 Months after Red Hair Pirates set sail; A huge Marine War-Ship docked at the sea port of Foosha Village.

The Marine Warship has a Dog figure head at the front with a bone in it's mouth. This Warship belongs's to none other than the Vice Admiral Monkey D. Garp, the Hero of Marines and grandfather to our dear little Monkey D. Luffy.

And currently three people are moving on the mountain path to Mt. Corbo behind Fossha Village. To be more accurately Garp and ZAch are walking while Luffy is being carried by Garp in one hand like a rag. Luffy who is being held by Garp from his cheeks is struggling to get away while also arguing about becoming the Pirate King but it's a pity that in the face of Garp he is unable to do anything.

"Owwwww!! Grrr... Why does this hurt if I'm made out of rubber?! Lemme go grandpa!!" Luffy said while continuing to struggle.

Garp didn't bother to answer Luffy's question and continued walking.

As for ZAch? He was closely following behind; and kept all his focus of Garp's fingers that were holding Luffy. Looking closely Garp's finger were purple-black color. Obviously they were coated with Arnament Haki. ZAch wasn't a stranger to Arnament Haki; he has seen Oceana display Arnament Haki several times but obviously when compared to Garp her coating is much weaker. Garp is a person who has reached the top strength on the sea without relying on Devil Fruit therefore his Haki is obviously extremely strong, which is what reflected here.

"By the way ZAch what do you want to become when you grow up?" Garp asked curiously from the other kid who was following along.

Listening to Garp's question; Luffy also paid attention to ZAch's answer. To be honest ZAch was akin to a brother to him; from the time when he was 4 year old; ZAch was the only person around him of similar age, and which is why he also deeply loved ZAch.

Garp on the other hand was really curious as to what path does this child want to follow. He was very surprised when he found out about ZAch and Oceana when they both settled in Foosha Village; He could judge that the 2 of them aren't some simple characters but he doesn't know much about them and even after trying to find information about the two of them he couldn't get much, he was also shocked when he found out that Oceana could already skillfully use both Observation Haki and Arnament Haki at such a young age while the officers of Marines are still struggling with it; Garp wasn't an idiot; although he knew that he shouldn't interfere in somebody else's personal life but he really want ZAch to be a Marine. He understood that ZAch is a very precocious child for his age and who knows what his upper limit may be in the future; he also knows that kids like ZAch will not remain nameless; therefore he wanted to recruit ZAch to be a Marine.

ZAch knew what Garp wanted to ask but he just smiled mysteriously and said, "It's a secret Grandpa Garp. There's no fun if you know what I want to be."

"Hahaha" Garp on the other hand was also amused by the kids mysteriousness, although he laughed like an idiot but he also understood that this kid doesn't want to be a Marine.

"You already know what I want to be Grandpa!! I will become the Pirate King." Luffy said happily.

Seeing Luffy mention this matter again Garp struck his Fist of Love on Luffy's head and said, "Pirate King my foot!! Not only did you eat a Devil Fruit but you had the gall to speak to me that way?! Listen up Luffy; You, ZAch and Ace are going to become the strongest marines that have ever lived when you grow up !!!" Obviously Garp has still not given-up on making ZAch a Marine.

"hehehee, Yeah yeah why not!?" ZAch teased Garp, while Luffy continue to argue with him.

Garp on the other hand ignored Luffy's argument and ZAch's teasing and continued walking, and finally the 3 of them reached a house. Garp knocked on the gate and called out Dadan.

Upon opening the gate Dadan and her men started begging Garp to take away Ace; as taking care of the guy was really troublesome but they later found out that Garp brought 2 more children with them; and they were almost crying.

While Dadan was being threatened by Garp; ZAch and Luffy started looking around the area when suddenly; someone spit on both of them; ZAch obviously dodged it while Luffy couldn't. Luffy was angry and turned to look at the person who spit on his face. 

He was a boy with short black hair, dropping down on his forehead from the two sides, wearing a summer orange t-shirt, black shorts and sneakers, with a bandage on his forehead and carrying a metal rod that has traces of dried blood on it.

Upon looking at the person Luffy was obviously furious while ZAch curiously observed the boy.

Then Garp introduced the boy to both Luffy and ZAch.

The boy is no one other than Portgas D. Ace, son of Gol D. Roger, and adoptive older brother of Luffy from the main story line.

After Garp left dropping both Luffy and ZAch. Ace jumped off the rock he was sitting and started walking inside the house, Luffy was still shouting at Ace to Apologize but obviously the guy ignored him, instead Ace's gaze was more focused on ZAch; Ace could feel that ZAch was stronger; probably equal to his strength or might even exceed him.

Later the scene changes to eating inside the house; As in the original Dadan only gave a bowl of rice and a glass of water to both ZAch and Luffy while the rest of the people had big basket of meat.

Upon seeing this Luffy complained and he was salivating while looking at other's eating meat; when Luffy also asked for meat as in the original Dadan refused and tried to scare and bully both Luffy and ZAch; but obviously this didn't have any effect. ZAch obviously didn't eat anything as he wasn't hungry right now while Luffy continued watching them with saliva dripping of his mouth which looked really funny.

After everyone ate up; Ace got up and left. Luffy curiously asked, "Where is Ace Going?" To which ZAch replied, "Why don't you go after him and find out." Then Luffy got up and chased behind Ace's back. Dadan tried to stop Luffy but obviously the guy didn't listen.

After Luffy went away, ZAch picked up the metal rod he brought with him and looked at all the Curly Dadan bandits.

Seeing ZAch's behavior; all were now feeling a little nervous as ZAch was releasing terrifying killing intention, all members felt as if they fell in an ice cellar.

Dadan was obviously angry but ZAch walked calmly towards her while dragging the metal rod that made sound which made bandits more nervous.

"Now listen up; I don't care who you are; but there are certain things you will have to be careful about from now on.

First and foremost you will responsible for all the cleaning around here; if you dare treat me and Luffy as your servant; then the next day. this humble adobe will become your resting place.

Second; make sure that Luffy stay alive if not then you can probably guess the consequences." After speaking this ZAch walked out of the house while the rest of the bandits were still pale because of the murderous energy ZAch released in front of them.

After walking out ZAch walked towards the forest to explore the nearby forest.

After about 5 hour when night was about to fall ZAch came back with a mountain boar. Upon returning he found out that Ace was back but Luffy went missing; ZAch didn't say anything to either of Dadan or Ace about the missing Luffy; but simply ate the dinner and slept, he had already made sure that a few birds constantly follows Luffy to take care of his safety; moreover these events were still necessary for Ace to accept Luffy.

1 day, 2 days, 3 days passed but there was no sign of Luffy, Dadan and others were getting worried about Luffy; contrary to the original story even Dadan was worried about Luffy because she still had cold sweat remembering ZAch's words.

'If Luffy dies; then I will personally erect your graves.' (ZAch)   

Finally on the 7th day Luffy came back with his t-shirt teared and several injuries on his body.

Seeing Luffy return; Dadan and her men finally breathed a sigh of relief; these days they continuously searched for Luffy but there was no sign of him; they almost thought that he died.

Seeing Luffy return ZAch just smiled while waving at him. "Come on Luffy; take a bath and change your clothes than I will use some medicines to treat you after which we will eat dinner."

Upon hearing ZAch talk about dinner Luffy forgot all his tiredness and quickly took a bath to clean himself; later ZAch took care of Luffy's injuries and they ate dinner; after which Luffy fell asleep.

After Luffy slept, "Alright Ace I know you are still awake; I am giving you a warning! If you throw Luffy down the cliff next time; then I will make sure to feed your dried meat to the vultures after getting your blood sucked off by bats; and your bones will be used to feed the dogs." ZAch said with a very kind smile but only Ace knew at that moment that this guy wasn't joking and he might really do so; after facing the killing intent released by ZAch. Ace could only nod in the face of ZAch's very kind smile.

Next day sun rose and birds were chirping; Ace walked out of house and Luffy followed him. Dedan and the others wanted to stop Luffy but after remembering ZAch; they all held back.

Because of ZAch's warning Ace didn't throw off Luffy like the previous time but still; he wasn't going to just act friendly with Luffy.

But Luffy wasn't the type to give up; he would continuously keep on chasing Ace; ZAch can only smile at Luffy's determination; in this wasy time continued to pass; 1 day, 2 day, 3 day, 1 week, 2 week, 3 week, 1 month, 2 month, 3 month.....

After 3 months of chasing Luffy finally found out where Ace goes and also met Sabo. A 10 year old boy who lives at Grey terminal and happened to be a friend of Ace.

Since Luffy heard about Ace and Sabo's treasure, they bound him by rope and prepared to kill him; but obviously they two have never really killed anyone before so they were very hesitant to the idea. 

Then the story followed as in the original; Polchemy and his men then found out the location and took Luffy with them.

....................

At the same time somewhere in the forest.

It's been almost 4 months since he started living in Dadan's house and since then ZAch's been training in the forest; daily he would fight with beasts here and do rigorous training.

While still in the middle of his workout; one of the small birds ZAch sent to keep a look out for Luffy came back and told him about the incident that took place. Upon hearing it ZAch's face was cold; he picked the metal rod nearby and followed the bird to the hideout where Polchemy and his men took Luffy. 

After about 1 hour of continuous running ZAch finally arrived outside a house.

Upon arriving at the scene ZAch noticed that the gate's been broken and Ace was going to face Polchemy while Sabo carried Luffy and was shouting at Ace to run.

ZAch noticed the injuries on Luffy and the blood that was flowing of his face. Seeing Luffy's condition ZAch's eyes were cold.

He calmly walked inside the house; his footsteps making a certain symphony, his presence attracted the attention of Polchemy and his men; while also that of Ace, Sabo and Luffy.

"ZAch!!!" Luffy shouted at Zach as soon as he saw him coming.

ZAch went towards Luffy and ruffled on his hair, "You were brave Luffy!!! Don't worry I am here; none of these bastards are gonna stay alive now." As ZAch's words fell, the atmosphere became cold.

ZAch didn't care and ran straight towards Polchemy, who in response waved his sword to kill the brat, but ZAch dodged it to the right while st the same time kicked really hard on the Balls of this guy, Polchemy's eyes almost fell out; but ZAch didn't stop there, ZAch put the metal rod inside the mouth of Polchemy that was open and shouting because of pain and pressed it hard, few of the teeth of Polchemy along with some blood started to drip from his mouth. The sword from Polchemy's hand fell as he held the metal rod with both hands in order to bring it out, Zach didn't miss that chance and picked-up the sword with the help of his left leg while still putting force on the metal rod with his right hand. Polchemy was obviously not able to exert all his strength due of the weakness caused because ZAch kicked his balls. As ZAch picked up the sword he exerted backward force on the metal rod and threw it backwards so that Polchemy couldn't use this metal rod to defend.

Because metal rod came out of his mouth Polcemy took a breathing opportunity to recover a little but where will ZAch give him this opportunity, as soon as metal rod was thrown backwards Zach also went forward and slashed the sword on the guy's stomach; making blood come out.

Polchemy now didn't had any time to recover as Zach kicked him in the back making him fall to the front, he later cut of his ankle to make sure that the guy couldn't stand anymore.

Seeing Plochemy fall down ZAch walked on top of his body, while also cut off the guys both hand so that he can't use his thorn gloves to make a last minute comeback.

Now Polchemy had several serious injuries; neither could he stand up nor could he lift his hands, moreover his body was severely weaken because of the kick on the balls, and blood was also coming off his mouth.       

All this took place in less than 30 seconds; and nobody had any time to react; Polchemy's men were frightened seeing him fall so easily. They could only gulp and watch silently.

ZAch lifted Polchemy's head by grabbing his hair and spoke while looking at the eyes of the other guy. "Was it fun torturing Luffy?! Tell me how did it feel to tie a 7 year old kid and beat him; I want to know how you felt because I'm gonna compare it and check how do I feel when I peel of your skin."

Polchemy on the other hand couldn't even speak, his tongue was severely cut and when he was the crimson red eyes of ZAch staring at him so closely; he felt really scared.

"Pathetic!!!"  Seeing Palchemy's expression ZAch lost interest, cut off the guy's tongue and left him as is.

After dealing with Polchemy, ZAch turned and walked towards the broken gate; Ace, Sabo and Polchemy's men looked at ZAch with sweat on their forehead.

While Luffy wasn't that much shocked; as he has already seen ZAch defeat more than 10 mountain bandits once.

ZAch ignored everybody and kept walking; he stood and said to Ace and Sabo; "Let's go!!!"

Hearing which they finally came back to god, and left the place following ZAch.

..........................

Sometime later in the forest.

"Uhhhhhhhh......!!!!" came a loud crying voice.

"Alright Luffy; it's almost done; it will hurt for some time and you will be fine..." Said ZAch after he had carefully bandaged Luffy.

"I waz shcared ZHAch... I vought I waz gunna Diiiee!!!" Luffy said while crying and snot coming off his nose.

"Then who told you to get caught by those pirates? Last time bandits and this time pirates; you really like to attract a lot of trouble do you!!? Well don't worry; aren't I still there? How come you'll die when I'm there!!!" ZAch said while comforting.

Luffy nodded while still crying.

"Shuddap! just how long are you gonna cry for anyway?! I hate weaklings and crybabies! You really piss me off!" Howled Ace at Luffy

Hearing Ace's words Luffy immediately Shut Up, then; "Shankyuu!! F...Fur comin to shave me...uuu..." said Luffy while still having teary eyes.

"Goddam you!!" Ace growled again.

"Hey, Hey!! He's just thanking us."Sabo calmed Ace.

ZAch on the other hand was quite puzzled as to what exactly happened; honestly speaking Zach does't remember most of the story of One Piece, as it's already been nearly 10 years since he came to this world, and also quite a lot of years since he read One Piece manga even before coming to this world. ZAch does remember the crux of each arc but not the entire story exactly, so he didn't even know if something like this really happened in the story.

Since he didn't know what happened and how Luffy got into that situation so he decided to ask clearly; Luffy is not in the condition to explain while Ace is still very irritated so ZAch asked the boy with blond hair wearing worn out blue aristocratic clothing.

'If I didn't guess wrong his name should be Sabo?' ZAch thought after turning to look towards Sabo.

Feeling ZAch looking at himself Sabo instinctively gulped; he still remember how ZAch easily defeated Polchemy.

ZAch on the other hand didn't notice the other guy's reaction and simply asked for explanation as to why Luffy was in that situation.

Sabo then explained the whole story, upon hearing which ZAch was very angry towards both Ace and Sabo for they cared more about their treasure then life or death of Luffy, but he still restrained himself to start against them and instead turned towards Luffy to ask something that really puzzled him.

"Luffy why didn't you tell Polchemy and his men the location where Ace and Sabo hid their treasure? You know they are bad guys and wouldn't hesitate to kill you; then why didn't you gave them the information they wanted?" ZAch asked Luffy

Hearing ZAch's question both Sabo and Ace also turned towards Luffy; for even they didn't understand why this idiot didn't give the information?

"If... if I told them, I couldn't be friends with Ace!!" Luffy

"Who cares if we can't be friends; at least you would stay alive!! Why do you wanna be friends with me anyway? Do you even know how much trouble you have caused me past 3 months? And you still didn't stop following me up till here?!" Ace question Luffy in anger.

"But I have no one else to rely on!!! I can't go back to the Foosha Village, and I hate mountain bandits; ZAch's the only friend I've ever since I could remember!! But he is mostly busy with training! If I didn't chase after you, then I'd be all alone... and being alone is more painful then any other pain!!!" Luffy also growled.

"Hearing Luffy both Ace and Sabo were silent; specially Ace; he then asked with a solemn expression, "What about your parents?"

"My grandpa's all I have." Luffy..

While Ace and Luffy were arguing ZAch moved to sit on a stone and watched the two talk and growl at each other. At some point Sabo also sat on the next stone and he was also watching Ace and Luffy argue.

"Don't they look exactly the same?" ZAch said with a faint smile.

"Yeah! Maybe they really are brother's." Sabo also said.

"I don't know if they really are brother's but to me they look alike." ZAch

"WE ARE NOTHING ALIKE!!!" Ace and Luffy both turned and shouted towards ZAch and Sabo at the same time.

"hahahaha, see what did I tell you?" ZAch said while laughing at the two.

"Yeah, you are right! Hahahaha"Sabo also started laughing loudly, following which Luffy also started laughing and finally even Ace started to Laugh.

"CLAP!!!" Finally ZAch was the first one to stop laughing; and he clapped to draw out the attention of the rest of the 3.

"Alright listen; whatever happened is already happened; and we can't change it; but I think Ace you can finally trust me and Luffy from now. Am I right? So I think now we can be friends!" ZAch

"I guess!" Ace said.

"Alright then, next thing is what's really important; since we have offended these pirates I don't think that you can continue to live here Sabo; therefore why don't you come and live with us; we are already three I don't think it matters if three turns into four; does it?" ZAch finally explained and then asked Sabo.

Hearing ZAch Luffy was really excited; if Sabo will also live with them he couldn't imagine how much fun the 4 of them have together.

"I guess you are right." Sabo also thought about it and then nodded.

"Alright then that's settles it; Now then let's go back to home." ZAch said.

Following which ZAch, Ace and Sabo walked back while Luffy was being carried on the back of the three in turns for 1/3 of the journey each.

The four came to Dadan's house; they didn't bother to call out to her or explain anything; just ate already prepared dinner; washed themselves and slept.

Next day Dadan would be surprised by the addition of one more pipsqueak; but that's a story for tomorrow. 

   

24