Chapter: 8-Past, Dreams, Name and Brotherhood.
1k 8 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next Day, Dadan woke up to find out there was an additional pipsqueak sleeping comfortably while there should only be three.

"What in the hell is the meaning is the meaning of thiiiiss!!!??" Dadan shouted loud enough to even wake up the likes of Luffy. "Ace!! ZAch!! Luffy!! Who is this kid!!??? Why is there another one of you pissants here!?" Dadan furiously asked the other three pissants who just woke up because of her clamoring.

"Yo! You're Dadan, right? I'm Sabo." Sabo introduced himself to Dadan.

"Sabo!!? I've heard that name before, I've heard that you're quite the shitty little pipsqueak!" Dadan shouted at Sabo.

"Oh really......!!? Well, I've heard you're quite the shitty old bag!!" Sabo said while laughing.

"Don't bother collecting information you don't need, dammit!!" Dadan said furiously.

"hahahahaah, That was an awesome punch line Sabo! Shitty Old Bag!!" Zach said when he heard Sabo's words.

"Don't laugh dammit!!" Dadan then directed her anger at ZAch.

Hearing Dadan's words ZAch's eyes turn cold and intense murder energy oozing out, and he coldly asked, "You have a problem if I laugh at you? Shitty old Bag!!"

Under this cold atmosphere Dadan shed cold sweat and waved her head left and right vigorously in denial. "N-no I-I d-don't ha-have a pro-problem if y-you laugh at m-me, ZA-ZAch. In fact I-I also f-find this title quite fu-funny. Shitty Old Bag!! Hahaha, isn't that correct!!? Dogura! Magura!"

"Y-yes b-b-boss, i-it's very funny, s-Shitty old Bag, hahahaha." Dagura

"Y-yes!! S-shitty o-old Bag, hehehehe." Magura

"Good! then from now on everyone we will all call you Shitty Old Bag instead of Dadan, got it!!?" ZAch gave the order.

"Yes!!!" nodded Shitty Old Bag, Dagura and Magura.

"Next, As you already know he is Sabo so we don't to explain much, because we caused some trouble with the Bluejam pirates therefore from today onward he will be living here. Is there any objection?" Although ZAch asked but his tone seemed to be telling this but not asking for their approval.

"N-no! Of Course not!!!" All three of Shitty Old Bag, Dauga and Magura nodded like.

Luffy and Sabo were laughing as the behavior of the three looked really funny. Only Ace knew what had these guys gone through in the past 3 months that make them really afraid of ZAch, even he himself shed cold sweat upon remembering those incidents. He is now really thankful that ZAch didn't treat him similarly to them.

With this Ace's best friend Sabo also started living with Ace, ZAch and Luffy.

In the following time, Ace, Sabo, ZAch and Luffy; the four mischievous boys; spent all their time fighting with wild animals in the jungle and on the mountain path--- with the punks in the town and the villains in the 'Trash Heap' and finally with the pirates in the inlet-- until their names became famous enough to reach the center area of the Goa kingdom.

They would train together; fight together, hunt together, eat together, laugh together, bath together and sleep together.

The harsh environment of Mt. Colombo and the strict training under Oceana's guidance, helped these four boys grow stronger with each passing day.

Occasionally they would disguise themselves and sneak into the central districts of Goa Kingdom and cause trouble. they would eat ton of meal and run off without paying for it. Their notoriety became a famous talk in the Kingdom of Goa.

On one such day after eating more than 50 bowls of Ramen and breaking a window; the four ran away; while still in running an aristocratic nobleman who seemed to know Sabo; tried to stop him.

Ace, ZAch and Luffy found it quite unusual while running away but they didn't ask until they were far enough to be safe.

"Come on tell us Sabo!!" Ace asked Sabo to tell them why did a person in the central district knew Sabo.

"What!!? I'm not hiding anything!!" Sabo was still not budging.

"Oh... really?" Luffy said as he seemed to believe Sabo.

"Don't be stupid, idiot!! Of course he is!! Let's hear it Sabo!!!" Ace said as he didn't seem to be fooled by Sabo that easily.

"Come on guys; give him a break. It's not really hard to judge based on all the information we have at our hands." ZAch said boringly while he was dozing off on a rock.

"ZAch you know what Sabo is hiding?" Ace asked ZAch.

"Well I can guess, it's not as though it really matters' but if you really want to know than you can only ask Sabo; i'm not gonna speak about it if he doesn't." ZAch.

Both Ace and Luffy listened to ZAch's words; then turned to nod at each other then seemed to be staring at Sabo as if looking at a prey.

'GULPED.....!'

Sabo gulped and had cold sweat on the back as he realized that these guys might eat him if he didn't spill the beans.

"We shouldn't have to keep any secrets from each other, now, should we!!?" Ace

"Spill it!!!" Ace and Luffy.

"Just tell us already, you idiot!!! I'll Kick your face in!!!" Ace said while choking Sabo.

"Heh heh, Sabo you better tell them or you might not be able to stay alive to keep it from them." ZAch said with a grin.

"......Guarghh!! ........Ahh...!! ...A...All right...!! I'll talk, I'll talk!!" Sabo

"I'm the Son of a Noble?!!" Sabo finally said with a sigh.

"Who is?!" "...I am...!!" "...So?" "You're the one who wanted to know!!" and these conversation was going on.

ZAch didn't listen to them and was drifting in his own thoughts, later Sabo told them how his life was like a prisoner while in the family and many other talks about his past.

"Well now that Sabo has said about his past! I think I should also tell!!" ZAch finally talked after Sabo finished with the heavy talks.

ZAch then told that his mother was once the princess of a certain nation but she chose to sail in the vast sea, then how his father is a pirate; although he didn't divulge who his father is but the fact that he is son of a royalty and a pirate was told to everyone. He told to them how his mother died of an incurable illness and how he has to fulfill both his and her dream when he grows up.

Ace, Sabo and Luffy all listened patiently, Sabo was surprised when he learned that ZAch was literally half royalty, Luffy was excited when he learnt that ZAch's father is a famous pirate while Ace also felt quite warm upon learning that he wasn't the only one as the son of a pirate.  

Finally Sabo said about his dream in excitement.

"Ace! ZAch! Luffy! We have to make it out to the sea someday!! We'll leave this country behind... and gain our freedom!!! I want to see the world in all it's glory and write a book about all the things I find!! If it's sailing I'm studying for; then I don't care how had I have to work!! We've to get stronger and become real pirates!!!" Sabo said

"Hehehehee... I don't need you to tell me that!! I'm gonna become a pirate, beat every last person who stands in my way... And earn myself the kind of glory that dreams are made of!! Only then will my life have been worth living!!! I don't care if the whole world refuses to accept me... They can hate me all they like!!! I'll become a great pirate and prove them that I'm better them all!!! I won't run from anybody!!! I don't care if they end up terrified of me!!! I'm just gonna make sure that the whole world knows my name!!!" Ace shouted his dream.

"Shishishi... All right... well, then... I'M GONNA...!! BECOME... THE KING OF THE PIRATES!!!!!" Luffy shouted with all his breath.

"AHAHAHA!!!" Luffy laughed.

"...of all the things... you could come out with..." Ace said while shrugging.

"Ahahaha...!! Man you're one crazy guy!!"

"Well that's Luffy for you! Now it's my turn I guess!? I'm gonna become the strongest man in the world; and then travel to all sorts of all island and finally I'll full fill my mother's desire by making a harem of beautiful girls." ZAch also shouted out the goals of his life.

"Strongest man in the world???" Ace and Sabo both were surprised

"What's a Harem?" Luffy on the other hand was puzzled.

"...But isn't it gonna be a problem if all four of us want to be the captain?" Sabo said while thinking.

"...yeah, that could be an issue. I always thought you were gonna be my navigator, Sabo." Ace was also puzzle now.

"Well I'm certainly not gonna choose less than that of a Captain!" ZAch also nodded with Sabo's opinion.

"What? You guys should join my ship--!!" Luffy said.

Listening to Luffy's words Ace, Sabo and ZAch looked Luffy then looked at each other and finally said.

"Heck No!" "Not gonna happen!" "No even in you dreams!"

"Wha...?"

Before Luffy could continue Ace disappeared to bring out a bottle of Sake; along with 4 cups.

"Well we can decide on the details when the time comes." Ace

"Who knows maybe we'll all end up forming our own separate crews." Sabo

"I think Sabo's opinion is correct." ZAch

"Ahh! You stole some of Shitty old bag's booze!" Luffy

"Did you know, you guys? I heard it once; they say that if you exchange a cup of sake then you become tied with the bond of brotherhood!" Ace

"I've heard of it." ZAch

"Brother's--?! Really?!!" Luffy said with excitement.

"When we become pirate we may not end up on the same ship, but the bond we will share as brother's will never die!! No matter where we are, or what we do... This is one bond we can neither break nor will we break it...!!" Ace explained.

"Wait Ace! Before we start there is something we have to complete; I mean something that is quite amiss. So we have to correct it." Zach stopped Ace from speaking the final Punch line.

"What is?" Ace, Sabo and Luffy asked with a puzzled expression.

"It's about Sabo!" ZAch said while pointing at Sabo.

"About Sabo?" Ace and Luffy asked while tilting their head.

"About Me" Sabo also asked while tilting his head.

"Yeah! Think about it carefully! Ace your full name is Portgas D. Ace, then for me there is Louis D. Zach Newgate, there is also Monkey D. Luffy, but in case of Sabo; there is just Sabo; I think that doesn't quite fit rightly." Zach

"Now that you mention it; Zach; you, Ace and Luffy all have a D in your name; while I don't." Sabo said while pondering.

"Therefore I said; let's decide on a new name for Sabo; that way all four of us will be similar." Zach

"Oh!!? How about Meat?" Luffy

"Meat?" Ace and Sabo puzzled as to why Luffy said meat when they were going to discuss a name for sabo.

"Luffy you mean; Meat D. Sabo?" Zach asked puzzled to which Luffy nodded happily, but then both Sabo and Ace struck a fist on his head, "Don't think about weird names." 

"How about Drakon D. Sabo?" Zach presented his opinion

"Why Drakon?" Sabo

"It's simple! Both Portgas and Louis are certain names in a certain language; while Monkey is an animal so I decided upon Drakon; as it means a dragon." Zach then presented his reasoning.

"Yes! It sounds nice. I like it." Sabo also agreed

"You sure!!!?" Ace asked.

"I think Meat sounds better!" Luffy still said his favorite opinion.

"Heck No!!!" Ace, Sabo and Zach denied Luffy at the same time.

"Then it's decided; from now on I'll call myself Drakon D. Sabo." Sabo happily said.    

"Alright then starting today, Sabo will be Drakon D. Sabo and also we are brother's for life...!!!" Ace

"Yeah!!!" Sabo, ZAch and Luffy.

The four did cheers and then drank the sake.

With this ceremony the friendship of Portgas D. Ace, Drakon D. Sabo, Louis D. Zach Newgate and Monkey D. Luffy turned into the bond of brothers for life. These 4 young boys that are currently only about 11, 11, 10 and 8 respectively will turn the whole world upside down in the future but that's a story for another time.

29