Chapter: 10 – Venus
972 4 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been an hour since Zach, Oceana and Windy set sail on Crane Wing.

"Alright then Oceana; I would like if you now tell me about the secret of Crane Wing; as the Captain I must also completely understand the ship that me and my crew will be depending on for our journey." Zach finally asked Oceana after the Crane Wing has successfully left the Water's of Goa Kingdom.

"I guess it's about time, but before that; Zach have you found the Devil Fruit I asked you to?" Oceana

"Yes!" Zach

Oceana knows about Zach's ability to locate Devil Fruits; so she particularly asked for Zach to search for a Devil Fruit.

"In that case bring it out as we will need it!" Oceana

Listening to Oceana's words Zach didn't frown much but just brought out a small treasure chest and placed it in front of Oceana after opening it.

In the small treasure chest rests a fruit in the shape of a Banana but colored white was placed; it has swirl pattern as any other Devil Fruit, along with a black stem.

Upon seeing this Devil Fruit; Oceana nodded.

"Yes! It's the one; alright then follow me." said Oceana and I followed her while carrying the devil fruit chest in my hand.

We came to the second room behind kitchen. Here Oceana pressed her palm on the wooden wall; soon some kind of sounds came and whole wall slid to the left and in front of me now a small room of 2 m x 2 m x 2 m dimension opened. The whole room was abnormally dark and yet there was a certain whitish glow coming off from the center; where a perfectly spherical crystal shaped Lacrima was placed inside which a young girl probably about 15 years was curled-up and asleep; the girl didn't have any clothes so all her skin was visible to me. She had short hair of light-pink color. her other body parts were not clearly visible and so was the case with her face. 

Upon noticing the the young who might be just 2 years older than me sleeping inside a Lacrima I was quite shocked; and my mouth was open unable to comprehend the reason for her to be here in this state.

My surprise and shock wasn't unnoticed by Oceana, "Well I was in a similar situation to you when Lady Verriene first brought me here. Well, this crystal lacrima and the girl inside is the secret of this ship. The name of this ship is also not Crane Wing; that was just given to it be Lady Verriene; and as what it's true name is? I have no idea! As I've said before this ship is special. It was designed by a Shipwright many years ago specifically  based on the very Devil Fruit you are holding. Or more precisely the key to waking up this ship is the Devil Fruit I asked you to find." explained Oceana.

Hearing Oceana; Zach was really incredible; he once again looked at the Devil Fruit case he held and looked at the girl inside inside Lacrima and took a gulp. Zach eased his breathing and finally looked at Oceana and said, "Alright Oceana; here's the Devil Fruit; let's find out what is the mystery on this ship." Zach nodded to Oceana and gave her the Devil Fruit case.

Oceana wasn't polite; and after taking the case;she opened and took the Devil Fruit in her hand; and then ; placed it inside the only hole on the spherical Lacrima.

As she did; the Devil Fruit was crushed visible to the naked eye; the dried of pulp was thrown out and all the juice that remains finally flowed inside the mouth of the sleeping young girl.

As the juice of the Devil Fruit entered the mouth of the girl; the Lacrima started to pulsate; and sounds of heart beating sounded in the small room; this lasted for 5 minutes which both Zach and Oceana observed; and finally the pulsating stopped following which the glass cracking sounded. There were numerous cracks formed all over the Lacrima; as the number of cracks continued to increase; finally the lacrima shattered; fell on the floor with a water splashing sound

'Seems like this Lacrima is some kind of highly condensed Liquid; and just now this liquid expanded to come back to to its liquid form; and finally shattered'

Following the Splash the previous girl inside the Lacrima didn't fell to the flood as imagined by Zach and Oceana; but floated 5 cm above the floor. Looking closely she seems to be some kind of projection.

The girl looked at me and Oceana; and finally did a bow as a greeting.

"I'm extremely grateful to you two to wake me up; I'm the spirit of this ship; As stated by rule; I will belong to the person who is able to bring me the Ship-Ship Devil Fruit; which you; young boy did! Therefore I am now your ship, henceforth, please give me a name." said the projection girl to Zach with a bow.

"Wait-wait-wait, I don't understand enough; you said you'll belong to the person who will bring you the Ship-Ship Devil Fruit?" asked Zach to reconfirm the girl's words.

"Yes." nodded the girl.

"But why would you belong to me just because I brought you a Devil Fruit? I mean aren't you a person?" Asked Zach

"No! As far as I can remember; or based on the memories I have; I am not a person; or maybe I used to be at some point in time; but I'm no longer one. I do know that I'm the spirit of this ship and was designed to wake up after eating the Ship-Ship fruit; furthermore the ownership of this ship will belong to the person who brings me the said Devil Fruit; which is you in this case; therefore I am now your ship. I would be happy if you would give me a name." again said the girl with a bow.

"Is that so?" Zach

"Yes!" girl.

Before deciding any further; Zach turned to asked Oceana, "Oceana did you know about it?"

"I did, but now entirely; well it was Lady Verriene's instructions."Oceana

"But didn't mother get Crane Wing from Father?" Zach asked.

"Yes she did! It was Lord Whitebeard who gave this ship to Lady Verriene but I don't really know any more than that. If you want to know how he got this ship? You'll have to ask him. And as I mentioned before the real name of this ship wasn't Crane Wing; it was just something Lady Verriene came up at the moment. She asked me tell you to not name this ship Crane Wing; as it's not cool enough." Oceana explained.

"Well; I understand; So now I have to name you?" Zach asked a little puzzled.

"Yes! Every Ship must have a name and I want to you to give me a name as my owner." the girl answered.

"Then how about; 'Venus'" Zach said after thinking for some time

"Why 'Venus?'" Asked Oceana a little puzzled.

"Well 'Venus' is also known as 'The Morning Star'; we are going to be 'Morning Star Pirates' so I opted for 'Venus' to our ride." explained Zach

"Well; that's simple enough." Oceana

"It's fine; I think I like it!" said Venus.

"Really!!?" Questioned Zach in a suspicious tone.

"m-hmm; I think I like it; 'Venus' sounds good so so my name now will be 'Venus', alright let's come to the next part, now you have to also introduce yourselves to me; don't you? I mean I should know who you are?" Asked Venus.

"Yes, so I will introduce myself first, I am the captain; my name is Zach, full name is Louis D. Zach Newgate; but you can just call me Captain or Zach." Zach introduced himself.

"Then this lady here is our navigator; her name is Oceana." Zach then introduced Oceana.

"I'm Oceana!Nice to meet you Venus-chan!" Oceana

"It's a pleasure to be able to meet you too; Navigator-san." Solaris.

"Now then; Venus; before we proceed further I'd like to inform you that we are going to be pirates in the future; so would you still be our ride?" Zach asked with a questioning tone.

"Well a pirate? Why not? To me it doesn't matter what kind crew will ride on this ship; as long as the only requirement which is to give me the Ship-Ship Devil Fruit is given. Other matters does not require me to ponder about. Which is something Zach fulfilled therefore I will be your ship for the rest of your journey, as long as you are fine with me" Venus answered.

Zach breath a sigh of relief upon hearing Venus's reply, he was really tense and had no idea what he would do if Venus deny to let 'The Morning Star Pirates ride on her.

"Thank you Venus!" Zach said

"It's my pleasure Captain Zach!" answered Venus

"Well since all that's settled. So Venus what are the things you are capable of doing?" Zach asked Solaris in an excited tone.

"Well I don't know yet! It will take few days to let me have some general understanding of me. After all I've been asleep all the time; so it will take some time to let me figure out myself." Venus answered.

Hearing Venus's reply Zach wasn't disappointed; but nodded in understanding. "It's alright; take your time; we have plenty of it." 

"Alright then if everything is settled; let's go to the deck! Venus-chan if I'm not wrong you should be able to steer the ship freely; don't you?" Oceana asked

"Yes that would be easy for me." Answered Venus.

"Well that would be really helpful; it's not easy for just 2 people to steer a ship; moreover Zach is really inexperienced in this matter. With Venuss-chan's help things will get quite easy." Oceana said while the three of us walked to the deck.

.....................

For the next few days we sail freely in the ocean; while Venus figured some of her powers.

They were as follows:

1-  Venus is able to completely control the ship; she can steer it; unfold the sail and fold it; turn the rudder on her own; while also control the cannons install. This makes Zach quite relieved that at least they wouldn't sink so easily combining Oceana's navigation and Venus's steering.

2- She can change the outlook of this ship but she can't increase the size currently as that would require materials. Initially this ship was made of wood of the Adam Tree therefore it's quite sturdy; which is why if we want a large ship we will need corresponding amount of materials.

These two are the current possibilities. But I've thought about so many possibilities for development for Venus. For Example if she is able to include space manipulation inside the ship; somewhat like the Castle-Castle Fruit of Capone Bege; then I believe Venus will become extremely useful in all sorts of ways but that's still far ahead.

Now let's talk about myself.

Currently I'm 13 years old, and strength wise I'm stronger than Ace. I can use Observation Haki quite skillfully after awakening it 3 years ago because of 3 years of training under Oceana's guidance. I can observe the signs of life and their activities around a 100 m radius with me as a center; additionally I'm also somewhat able to feel the emotions of others.

Then there is Arnament Haki; honestly I'm nowhere near close to using it currently; but I believe that with in next 3 years to 4 years I will be. 

I'm obviously not going to GrandLine currently; in the next 4 years I'm going to sail in the 4 Blues and gather the crew members and finally sail to the GrandLine once I'm strong enough to use Arnament Haki skillfully.

I'm also training in Rokushiki Martial Arts. No doubt Rokushiki is one of the most systematic Martial arts in this world; and can certainly make the practitioner to be extremely strong.  

Then there is Devil Fruit. I ate my Devil Fruit 3 year ago. That's right Wendy Found the Devil Fruit I wanted to eat 3 year ago.

The Devil Fruit I always wanted to eat was of Paramecia Class namely Force-Force Fruit. It's a very special fruit; and I believe a very strong one at that.

Force-Force Fruit allows me to control all kinds of Forces and it's relatives such as momentum, and some extent of Kinetic and Potential energy too.

I've been able to influence, Gravitational Force in order to either increase or decrease Gravitational Attraction and Repulsion, Frictional Force, Buoyant Force, and Air Resistance too.

Because of Gravitational Change; the intensity of training has been improved quite a lot.

Additionally I'm also training to be able to use twin-daggers to fight while also practicing Pole arts.

And that's about it guess.

But there is more thing; I stopped having dreams about Devil Fruit Locations after I found out a total 10 fruit. Maybe this is one of the restriction that Demoness talked about.

As for what those fruits are? Let's talk about that in the Future.

Next is Wendy; I gave Wendy a Devil Fruit. It was Bird-Bird Fruit: Model-Snow Bird of the mythical Zoan class. After eating the devil Fruit Wendy is no longer a crane but rather has evolved to a different bird. In terms of strength Wendy has become quite strong. She is able to control snow, create Snow Storm.

Then comes Oceana, honestly I don't really know how strong Oceana really is! Oceana didn't want to eat a Devil Fruit; her reason is very simple; if she were to eat a Devil Fruit then who will save me if I ever fall into Oceana! This reason is perfectly understandable so I can't even reject it. In my guess; Oceana's strength should be higher then that of a Vice- Admiral of New World but not up to an Admiral; but whatever may be the case; Oceana's strength gives me assurance.

That's it for now I guess; because we have almost reached an island so the future adventures will be shared after restocking the supplies.

29