CHAPTER 1
29 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world where Ryan was transported into was divided into '4 Empires': Eastern Empire, Western Empire, Northern Empire and the Bestia Empire. Eastern empire being the one Ryan was in.

Despite not being the capital kingdom of the Eastern Empire, Moonlight Kingdom was the most influential and popular kingdom in the Eastern Empire, the main reasons being it had a variety of powerful 'wild creatures' and a vast wealth. Its richness in powerful creatures attracted both the 'Adventurers' from within the empire and from other 2 empires as well.

Few hours after Ryan woke up from his supposed fainting, he knew something was off. He went out of the dormitory, and when he actually saw the outside of the hotel, he was amazed! The scenery just like those fantasy worlds, medieval times, everyone was wearing clothes belonging to historical fantasies.

"So the only way for a person like me to earn some living is to join a Legion, I suppose? Well it is the best option for me atleast!" asked Ryan.

"Well yeah, you don't have any educational background with you and also a memory losing person like you won't be accepted into other jobs," replied Dyrac.

"Hey! It's not my fault you dumba*s, uhh and also I am a lot more educated than most people here, and it's called 'amnesia'!" said Ryan in annoyance. Dyrac just replied with a smirk which made Ryan even annoyed.

After Ryan came into the conclusion of this fantasy world, he decided to keep this within him as he didn't know the outcome he will receive after everybody gets shocked by his revelation. Maybe he will be regarded as an alien which he definitely is, and dissected to see his biology.

So, he acted that he just went through amnesia, the acting was bad that it barely convinced Lastrang. Plus, being an amnesiac saved him from mentioning about his hometown or any possible origin. He decided to start his new life from now onwards, but even this path had many thorns.

Having no possible background meant no possible proof of education, and many jobs with decent pay needed experience as well as education which Ryan failed both.

But there's always light at the end of a long tunnel, the only profession which didn't require any of those was joining a 'Legion'. Become an adventurer and join a Legion, was one of the most popular choices of the people. People could apply for any legion they want, after fulfilling a specific criteria of powers.

As said, Legions were specifically made to complete tasks needed by people unable to do so, help them from fending against wild creatures or other evil-doers. Though everyone in the world had divine powers, but the difference in power levels made the necessity of Legions.

There were 3 most important people in the Legion:

1) Legion Master – The founder of the Legion, basically he's the person who creates the Guild. The legion master never actually participates in any missions or Legion Wars, he acts like a passive part of the legion.

2) Leader – The one who is incharge of the whole Legion during missions and legion wars battles. He is the seniormost member in terms of both power and authority.

3) Vice Leader – The once secondary to the 'leader'.

Though, the main reason Legions were very popular was cause of 'Legion Wars'. Every 5 years all the legions over all three empires had to battle for being the 'strongest legion' in the world. The concept being 5 vs 5 adventurers in the Arena, last remaining adventurers of a legion directing the win.

"Heyy! So all the 5 adventurers fight at once?"

"No, 10 adventurers at once, dumbo," said Dyrac.

"Hey you got the meaning of the sentence, but isn't it very cool? Like one place 5 powerful adventurers against 5 others. Total destruction everywhere?" asked Ryan.

"Well yeah, the Legion Wars are the most popular event held in the world, and a gap of 5 yrs makes it even more majestic..." said Dyrac.

They were strolling around the Rastar city market looking for a possible job and good clothes for Ryan as all his clothes except his Coat got torn off.

He requested Mrs. Williams, the kind grandma who took care of him to sew it back to normal state as he had many memories with it. She accepted his request. The clothes and other necessities quota got finished, and now was the time to join a legion.

"So, can you just recommend me some respected legions? I think I might take a shot at one of them," said Ryan. The need to earn money was high as he can't rely on Mrs. Williams for too long. He already spent 2 days in her house since he got conscious, so it was also a reason to join a Legion as soon as possible.

"Hey! I know that I am powerful and respected all that, but it's upto you if any legion accepts you or not,"

'Stop bragging already you lil prick!' thought Ryan, though he remained silent.

"Hey, but why you want to join a legion? I mean there could be other options... so why bent on joining a legion?" asked Dyrac. Till now, it was obvious that Ryan was more than interested in joining a legion. Maybe he liked to go on adventurers or maybe he loved to brawl.

"Well, you could say I want to do explore different parts of the kingdom,  fight with powerful adventurers and if possible... take my legion to be the strongest in the whole world!" said Ryan.

"Well that's a lot of bragging to take in," replied Dyrac with a smile. They stopped in front of a building, though they have been strolling around the city for a while for clothes shops and food markets, but this building was different than many others. Not too above, there was a wooden banner written 'Syrendia' on it.

After seeing the above banner, Ryan did notice a thing, the language used here was English, be it speaking or writing. He even asked Dyrac about it and he told that all the people in all 3 empires speak same language.

"Mr. Ryan! We're here, you are going to try for this legion,"

"So, this is the place where the members are?" asked Ryan.

"Yeah, this is the place where every member of the Syrendia stays, receives missions and eat food and many more!" replied Dyrac. Ryan was ready to join Syrendia, but the ,main problem being his lack of energy.

Ryan's sole power was based on absorbing and redirecting any kind of energy, absorbing more energy meant being strong. But to absorb energy, he needed a power source and in Moonlight kingdom, he hadn't seen any electricity source. It was certain that he could absorb many different forms of energy like fire, lightning but electricity was something that was very very abundant on his planet, earth.

He had not met anyone with affinity of fire or lightning. The doctor Mr. Lastrang had 'light' affinity which was also considered a powerful form of energy, but he couldn't just ask him to attack him with as much energy as possible as it would lead to suspicion.

After entering the building, they straight past went to the information counter where a young lady appeared. The rest of the legion was as lively as it could be, everyone was enjoying their moment.

"Hello adventurers, may I help you?" said the lady.

"Ah yes yes, this red haired is my friend and he wanted to join the legion, so..." said Dyrac.

Dyrac became flustered and started blushing at the sight of the lady.

'Maybe not too good with the girls, huh?' thought Ryan.

"Ohh, ok I haven't seen you around, so I may have to ask you a few questions. Are you ok with that?" asked the lady. Ryan nodded in response.

"So, what is your role? I mean what type of adventurer are you?"

"Ahh, I didn't get that, what you mean?" asked Ryan.

"Ahh sir, I mean are you a 'Tank'/ 'Warrior'/ 'Mage'/ 'Marksman'/ 'Assassin'?" replied the lady.

"Wait, this is also the criteria of magic here!?"

"Sorry miss, my friend here has gone through amnesia couple of days ago, I might've forgotten to make him remember about all this," interrupted Dyrac. "Hey, what is she talking about, can you explain?" asked Ryan.

In this special world, there was another thing as special as magic, the classification of adventurers in their roles. When a child is born, he is born with a certain type of affinity, there are a total of 6 affinities of magic:

1) Fire

2) Ice

3) Lightning

4) Wind

5) Light

6) Shadow

After getting control, they have to choose one role they want to remain and acquire a specific 'weapon' related to it. Out of the 5 roles available, everyone chooses the one their magical affinities are most suitable with.

After getting all the information, Ryan quickly dwelled into thinking to what role he would be. After thinking a while, his face brightened up.

"I am an Assassin!" exclaimed Ryan.

"And... what is you power level? I mean, what level adventurer are you?"

All the adventurers in the world were divided among power levels, there were total 3 power levels that existed:

1) Alpha Level being the strongest of them all, which was the most demanding in any Legion.

2) Beta Level being the most common power level.

3) Gamma Level being the weakest.

After Dyrac taught Ryan about power levels, at first he was basically dumbfounded but then he started regarding himself as an 'alpha' level adventurer. But even after he knew the amount of energy he had left in his body would probably classify him as a 'gamma' level, but he still decided to tell the lady the lie.

As even if he tells a lie, who would be able to detect it, and after some time had passed he probably would have figured out a good solution for his energy problem. But then came the problem Ryan never hoped or wished for!

"So, can you stand in front of this purple crystal? And put your hand just above the crystal's surface?"

"What does it do? Miss?"

"It's called a power level classifier." said the lady. Both Ryan's and Dyrac's face colour changed to pale.

0