PW: 4019 DC: The Girl to The Dragon
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a land of humans there can only be so much happening, sometimes people are afflicted with boredom, sometimes they take it out on someone close by to get rid of that boredom, and that someone might retaliate back.

This is a tale passed through the ages, considered nothing more than a tale of a twisted desire ending many, a wish that shall never be granted.

One lone girl in a small village, she was ignored, she was abused, she was unspectacular. The girl. Alone and scared, living without warmth, she wanted to call out, wishing for a chance to be better, for power. She, the one who’s tired of her mediocrity, her powerlessness, whose eyes is dulled, her eyes no longer shine, she who shall fall to despair.

“Will no one… answer my call?” The girl asked, at the edge of her end, alone in the woods, trying it run away from her suffering only to be lost in what she considered the abyss where all things end.

“That’s false dear child” A voice suddenly rings out. The girl jumped at the reply, she expect there to be no one to hear her cry for help, she looks around frantically for a sigh of hope, and she found it.

“W-Who are you?” She asked the approaching figure who step by step walk ever closer with a smile seen through the dark brown robe.

“Someone who can help you. What do you want girl?” The robed figure asked, the voice the girl can made out is no doubt a woman’s voice, her voice the girl guessed to be of a young adult. Regardless of who this person really is, the girl is desperate to find a way to end her suffering.

“Please save me… and… I want power!” She immediately cried out as her frail body, exhausted from all the running finally gave way, she collapsed onto the ground much to the concern of the robed figure.

“Your will shall be granted” A sinister smile appeared on the robed figure. Carrying the child to elsewhere and walk away with no one ever noticing their presence throughout.

Days passed and no one in the village have any idea where the girl went, with their punching bag gone some of them look much more somber than usual, and some wonder if they went too far, and none knowing what has become of her.

The girl wake up somewhere else, in a hut she have never seen before, looking around surprised by the fact that she’s still alive, was her wish granted after all? No doubt that’s what the girl think about. 

As she look about her noticed something, her dull brown hair is gone, replaced with a much vibrant deep lilac color, she doesn’t know why she her hair color changed, but it’s not an issue for her. She then heard sounds of footsteps, with the robed figure once again in view. Then her head is suddenly in a lot of pain.

“What happened to me?” The girl asked as she touch her head

“I changed you. You want power after all” The robed figure answered. It’s not much to go on for the girl to understand, to understand what she is.

“Power?” She girl repeated the word of what she desired, what she can use to get her revenge, yes, that’s what she wants.

“Well, maybe it’s not exactly what you wanted. I do wonder if you sense of self will still be there to the very end” The robed figure mused as she carry the girl and look at her in the eyes. Her draconic blue eyes.

“W-What?” The girl asked, confused and unable to think clearly.

“Let’s see how you fare” The robed figure said, ready to dropped the girl off somewhere. A place the girl should be familiar with.

People of the village went about their way as normal, just a girl going missing isn’t going to shift the way the town operate completely, it’s just a single girl.

Suddenly a man noticed something enterthing the village. He look at and saw a girl that’s quite familiar, but also not at the same time. He remember there being a girl who everyone picked on, he couldn’t care less about that, but since she’s such a prominent victim he can’t possibly not know of her.

The girl walk still in a daze, she look around and saw the ever so familiar scenery. Her eyes widen and her face full of anger and rage, with her mind ready to shut down and let her destructive self loose. The man seeing this is shocked and stunned as the girl rush to whoever is nearest to slaughter. That man is an unfortunate first victim, getting beaten up by the girl and tear apart with her claws forming, ripping out his entire body to shreds, with him and the few witnessing the scene screaming out in terror. Only to attract the attention of the dragon girl herself.

Few minutes pass and her body began shifting more and more as she kills more and more, her mind regress and her reasoning gone, with primal and destructive instinct kicking in. More were slaughtered, blood painting the village in red, people who she were to enact her vengeance upon can’t even recognize her as her body shift from that of a human to a dragon, the girl is no more, and replace with a gigantic dragon terrorizing the village and clearing it out with its great power. The robed figure look from afar, amused at what she created.

“That’s enough” An authoritative female voice can be heard that caught the attention of both the dragon and the robed. Another figure with her body concealed by her robe, a one made of grey fabric, while also holding a grey staff in her hand as well.

The dragon roared and shoot a breath of flames at the voice daring to command it. The grey hood stand and take the full force of the flames and came out completely unscathed. At this point and time the robed figure already leave the scene, knowing full well she stood no chance against the sage that appeared.

Within seconds the newly arrived figure unsheathe her sword cane, leaping and aiming for the dragon’s neck, slicing it off the majestic creature. With no time to react the dragon’s head flies off without it registering its own demise.

The head fall down along with its body, the sage sheathe her blade as she look around the destruction that is caused.

“Even if the lives cannot be return, at least I’ll fix whatever legacies they may have” The sage commented as she prepare a spell, restoring the village to its original form with no effort. Looking around she’s not certain if there’s any survivors left, but she couldn’t care. 

The sage look at the dragon’s corpse with a melancholic look, then walk up to it and examine its body. She then pick out its eyes and store it in a jar, preserving it, then the remain of the dragon all suddenly vanished, eyes and all.

As the winds blow over the silent ghost village, the sage disappears with it.

The tale of this event is told by the few survivors and others wanting to know the truth behind the event, reaching the ears of those in the modern day where such a thing is considered nothing more than a fairy tale.

0