Chapter 2 – Starting a path
121 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Several hours after Riana's statement, she is now hanging around in her shared room, thinking and calculating how she would reach greatness.

"Umm, what will I do, what will I do, what will I do to be the best magician ... and without talent ..., umm think, think think, and if I train, very hard from now on? Yes, that would be classic and best!"

"I don't think it works for you," said a male voice in the room.

"Uh, why no? Tris," Riana said to the male voice, who was none other than her 17-year-old older brother, who was playing on the room console.

"Wait, let me pause the game," said his brother, who, after pausing, turned his head to his sister, revealing a face with many features shared with his sister, the differences being that he has a more square face and already had a pair of magnificent antlers.

"Look, with your talent, trying hard, you would only go so far as an average wizard."

"What will you know?"

"Afff, I tell you, I have a friend who also follows the path of magic and has more talent than us, those elves are degenerates, and do you know what happens to him?"

"What happened?" Riana asked with curious eyes.

"Well, he's a magician from the bunch, according to whom he travels to many magical meetings or gatherings or whatever they are called, he tells me that he is just another grain among so many talents of the same age, but that he will still continue practicing, and I will say that he has been practicing since childhood."

"But…, it may be that I do better."

"Afff look, I'm just telling you that this path you have been practicing up to now, I don't think it has much of a future, because you don't try others, there are many magic systems, maybe one is for you."

"Magical systems?."

"It must be seen, that you have learned in your happy practices so far, in short, it is simple, there are several ways to do magic, and the way to manipulate your internal mana to do magic that you have been doing I think that it is only one of them."

"Ohhh, then, then what else can I do."

"Meh, I don't remember, at school, there is a library, maybe you have something."

"If that's what I will do, thanks, Tris!"

"Yes, yes, now shut up, don't let me play."

And then with that new plan in mind, Riana started it up the next morning when at recess she began to dig through the few magic books at school until she found what she was looking for, the different magic systems.

"Let's see, let's see, according to this, the magic systems that interest me could be summed up like this."

/*Magic systems:

A magic system is understood as those ways of using mana to perform an action.*/

/*Control magic:

It is understood as control, as the magic is based on the direct manipulation that the user exerts on his internal mana or the mana of the world. This is mostly divided into several sub-types*/

/*Elemental / Pure Magic

It is the control magic that is based on the direct control of an element, this depends strongly on the level of control and amount of mana, as well as on the affinity towards an element.*/

/*Direct sorcery.

It is the magic of control that is based on generating an effect in the world, through complex patterns formed by the executor's mana, although it does not require a great affinity, it requires great theoretical knowledge and mana control.*/

/*Body magic.

It is magic based on the control of your body or the foreign body, it requires great knowledge of the body and precision, for the fighters they use the most basic of this magic to improve their physical capacity.*/

/*Indirect magic.

Indirect magic is understood as magic that is pre-manufactured in advance, in which you only need to activate it and in some cases redirect the effect*/

/*Spiritual magic.

An indirect magic class that uses magic borrowed from the spirits, depends on your relationship and affinity with the spirits, and depending on how you use the magic, they will also require control and ability.*/

/*Magic array

This magic consists of drawing patterns on some durable surface and then later when applying magical energy, this pattern will respond with a magical effect, this depends largely on the user's knowledge.*/

/*Enchantments to objects.

They are those magic array intended to add a magic upgrade to an item.*/

"Well, having already written down these types, all that remains is to prove that I am better, although I think that for now, I can discard elemental magic and direct sorcery."

Then Riana with the collected data and some books borrowed later already at home began to try something of each type.

"Let's see, according to this, I have to start moving a finger with my mana, this must be easy for me who already moves objects."

Nevertheless, contrary to her expectation, it took her a minute to do it, and then she complained.

"This was harder than I thought, let's see what happens, let me see umm after moving your finger with the mana, you have to move it with your strength and with your mana at the same time, the purpose is to control your whole body in everything moment with your body and well ... well, if it only takes me a minute, 2 fingers shouldn't take me that long."

But for her tragedy, after an hour she still did not pass a finger and was already exhausted, which led her to continue the next day.

"Well, the corporal thing did not go so well for me ... Let's see how the spiritual one goes today. According to this, I must ally myself with a spirit, the easiest is the minors, which are only a cluster of emotions, but the detail is how to contact them."

Riana with that said, spent the whole day looking for spirits with no luck whatsoever, arriving on the third day.

"All right, they say the third is the definitive, now come on, arrays magic, according to this, the achievement depends on the accuracy of the arrays and the magic energy used, well I am good at drawing, let's see how it goes by example."

What followed after his words were that, following the example of the book, on earth, she drew a small circle with some pattern matches, with some stick, then her gas-shaped stream began to circulate along the lines drawn, but her control she could only complete walking the outer circle alone after several hours.

"I think this is going to take," Riana said mentally exhausted, disappointed in her abilities.

But this did not debut in continuing to practice body and arrays magic leaving the spirit of spirits abandoned, until after a week, I managed to complete the pattern but still needed to keep the flow, on the other hand with respect to body magic she stops practicing it Seeing that he still could not achieve the 2 fingers and that the other magic did progress.

Only then, after a month, Riana in her maximum concentration, with a lot of effort, was circulating her mana over and over again in the circle, until that one began to generate a small flame from its center, causing Riana to open the eyes and say.

"I did it, I did it, ehh wait, ahhh hell, I lost my concentration."

But unfortunately, her surprise and jubilation cost her the end of her magic, but even so, just by seeing it work once, it was vast to exponentially recharge her spirit and as an addicted player, she could not stop practicing and this art.

And so, practicing day and night to the point that dark circles came out, she distanced herself from some friends and that her parents scold her and make them promise that she would get good grades to practice, that after 2 years in her dreams at the beginning of her tenth year Now she was in the middle of class selection.

"So this is my class selection, I suppose it would be obvious to think how much I was studying," Riana said when she looked around, which consisted of a large library.

"Now I think it's time to check."

It was then that Riana began to review the books, discovering that these only had a cover, a written page, some others with illustrations, and, most importantly, the representation of the classes.

Riana, following her habit of studying, began to search and the interesting ones or the important ones grabbed them and accumulated them on the desk until they formed large mounds of columns.

"Well, think about this I have, it's time to discard."

Having said that, she began to discard books until there was only 1 column of 4 books, it was then that the final election began.

"Well, this is the peak hour of my selection, I know I promised my parents that I would think about it with normal classes but ..., that's not going to be, now let's review again the ones that will remain."

/*Class: Mage's Apprentice.
Apprentice in the mysterious world of magic and its direct handling, this is characterized by an agile mind, as well as mana control and its good reserve of it*/

/*Class: Body Mage Apprentice.
Apprentice in the mysterious world of magic and its direct management but focused on the management of the body, these are characterized by an agile mind, as well as mana control, a good reserve of this, as well as the management of mana on your body*/

/*Class: Array Magic Apprentice

Apprentice in the intricate and mathematical way in the use of arrays magic, these are characterized by an agile mind, good mana control, good memory, good concentration, a controlled pulse, and good capacity for analysis, measurements, and deduction*/

/*Class: Magic Gunner Apprentice

Young apprentice in the precise world of magic shooting, these are characterized by good mana extraction ability, agile mind, good mana control, and good aim.*/

"Good-bye first, I have no talent ..."

"Body magic, I don't know why I left it, I think it's only here, from practice from time to time."

"Artillery, hehe I think that came out in my experiment of shooting with an array."

"Well, I think there is not much to think about, the answer has always been in front of me, I only have to choose."

Then with his innocent hands, he took the book one of the books and said.

"I Riana Nimihar SoftWind Palaces, as someone who starts the path to the top, I choose as my first class, to be an apprentice of arrays magic."

 

1