Chapter 3 – Entrance examination I
68 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a mid-summer day, Riana, now a pre-teen, was standing in front of a large, elegant gate.

"Finally, the day of the test came, all my efforts to study and convince my parents were for this day."

After declaring as such, Riana passed through the gate along with other young people, entering the immense and well-kept courtyard, nervously walking towards the front, to a large building in the background, along with the others.

Once she arrived at the building and guided by the staff, along with other young people, She enters an auditorium where she would be formed together with the others, waiting for the event to start.

It was during this wait that, from behind her, a young man him age stumbled over her.

"Hey! Watch out."

"Ah sorry, someone tripped me and I lost my balance," said the young man with brown hair and eyes, a gentle countenance and average figure like her body,.

"No problem, but be careful."

"Yes, I will, by the way, my name is Arthur. I hope it goes well for us in the tests."

"Oh yes, I'm Riana, I'm very happy and I hope the same luck for both of you, oh it seems that it will start."

As Riana said, the stage curtains were opened, to make visible a middle-aged lady dressed in a mystical robe, standing behind a podium, who, when the curtains opened, began to speak into the microphone.

"Good morning everyone, I'm the teacher Amagalis Lariaza and coordinator of these tests, we at the royal magic institute of state, Arcadia, we welcome you, young applicants for quotas and scholarships to our home; The tests are divided into 2 a written test where they will prove their knowledge in all areas focused on magic and a practical test where their handling in magic will be verified."

"The second test is carried out at the same time as the first but will last until nightfall. This test also has the peculiarity that it is optional and relatively free, having to choose 3 compulsory tests, but it will not be easier for that reason, it is more, it will be harder; This test for its particularities will be carried out throughout the school, the teacher of the first test, will provide them at the end of their test with a map of the school where the location of the magic tests will be as well as a descriptive brochure of the different tests, in addition, They can also ask teachers for directions."

"Having said this, without further ado, depending on the degree to which they want to adopt, they should then follow the respective supervising professor where they will guide them to their tests, that's all."

After the speech, the students broke training to address their respective teachers, while Riana and Arthur were following a large crowd of young people their age while talking a little.

"That was weird, I was expecting a longer speech," said Arthur.

"Me too," Riana replied.

"Hey, tell me, aren't you nervous with these tests?"

"Yes ..., but it is of little use to focus on this, besides more than nervous, I think I would be anxious."

"Hehe, it seems like you're excited to get in here."

"And, you do not?.

"He, well, yes ..., I suppose."

Sentences like these were coming and going between the 2 until they stopped together with the tumult and it was then that the guide told them.

"We are here, they are going to be distributed in these rooms according to their name that is on the sign for each door, the proof will be inside, so go."

After saying that, the young people gradually dispersed between the classrooms, and on Riana and Arthur's side they went to check the doors until Riana noticed that her name was on one but Arthur's was not, which led her to tell him.

"Well here I say goodbye, see you."

"Yes, good luck with the exam."

"Thank you."

And when the dismissals were over, Riana went to the room, which when she entered was hit by a tense atmosphere caused by the pre-teens who were there, but this did not stop her, so she sat at an empty desk, which would be her field of battle.

After a while, a teacher entered, closed the doors, stood in front of everyone, and said.

"I'm the teacher, who will supervise this test, this room has magic cameras and some magic detectors that will prevent any cheating, it is 9 in the morning at 3 the exam ends so you have 6 hours, once you give them the exam They can start, there are no questions and once finished they can go and take their map, that's all now I will start to distribute."

Having finished speaking, the teacher handed each of them 1 sheaf of sheets full of questions, and having Riana obtained her, she declared in her mind [¡It's time!] with which she began the first exam.

Having passed 5 hours of the exam many young people were more of despair in the middle of a tense and silent environment, but in the midst of all this Riana stopped with her exam and handed it to the teacher saying something tired.

"I finished..."

"Sure, once delivered there is no refund."

"Yes, sure."

"Well," he said, getting the sheaf of papers, then weighing a map and a brochure while saying, "Here's your map and brochure, success."

"Thank you."

Riana said, to then leave the room releasing her pressure accumulated during her exam, on the other hand, the others while watching her leave, said these 2 types of thoughts in her mind.

"Maybe I resign"

"Don't tell me she's the typical smart girl."

Once outside Riana decided to go to the cafeteria to eat something, which while she was eating she thought.

"That test was hard, it is good that I studied ..., well let's see what I am going to do"

After this, she takes out her brochure to review it while eating.

"Let's see, here, in summary, they evaluate the 2 types of magic, direct and indirect, much more direct than I would like"

"There are all kinds, shooting test, sorcery, application in combat, alchemy, mana control, detection, magic power, spirit, invocation, golems, healing, botany, seal tests, arrays, and enchantments, in these I am sure, one would be missing. "

"Umm what to choose, no shooting, less sorcery, combat application ... I have never fought, someday I will when I am old enough to go to dungeons."

"Where was I going, yes, alchemy, nothing to see, control ... umm I will think about it, chance detection and I feel mine, power not to mention, spirit, invocation, and golems for nothing".

"Healing, I do not have knowledge or skills, botany... will there be people who practice it? and seal tests I am not sure, I did not find information about them when I studied."

"Well ummm, what to choose, ummm, suppose that I have control of so many arrays, I think I'll have a good one."

So already decided with her 3 tests, after resting the food, she went to the closest one, the enchantment test.

1