Chapter 8 – Duel II
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week has passed since the duel of Arthur and Silvia, leaving as a final point a request for a rematch by Silvia.

But it is because of her misfortune, it was not accepted, causing her to get into the habit of approaching Arthur from time to time to challenge him, but it happens that among so many approaches it caused both of them to get closer, obtaining the result now.

At noon, after the general classes, the singular group of Riana, Arthur, and now Silvia were having lunch in the cafeteria.

"Arthur, accept my revenge," Silvia asked.

"No Silvia, I already told you many times, I don't want meaningless battles."

"Then why did you accept our duel?"

"Because I wanted to apologize to you, and you insist that the form was a duel."

While they 2 continued arguing, in front of them was Riana a little cunning while looking at them.

[This Silvia ..., I who thought she was noble and cold, I stop when I see her like that, she is just a spoiled child in the middle of a tantrum, and what is more, all these days she has not allowed Arthur and me to speak with ease,] Riana thought as sighed.

"To all this, why was the rematch? I don't even remember, umm if it was why his noble pride or something hurt him, these nobles ...".

But these thoughts were interrupted by Arthur trying to get Silvia off him.

"By the way, Riana, have you already decided on your preliminary electives? Last week you still hadn't decided and today the trial week begins."

"Ahh?, Hey, I made up my mind, for now, I will take magic arrays for granted, then survival and explanation and the last magic fight, which luckily they give it today.

"Oh, so when you finally decided on magical combat, I remember that you had many doubts about that one, ¿but explanation?"

"Yes, well, what I put as a filler, but I think it will help me when I am old enough to plunge into a dungeon."

But before Arthur answered, Silvia intervened.

"Sorry for interrupting, but seeing Arthur rudely leave mine, I suppose we'd be on hand."

"Now that being said, your little reindeer," Silvia began saying.

"As I renounce, I have a name."

"Oh my sorry, I'm having trouble learning the names of unimportant people"

"Your...."

"Don't interrupt me, it's rude, they didn't teach you manners, well, as I said, I recommend you give up, I don't think you can handle it."

"How do you know? ¡I won't be able to if I don't try!"

"I have easily noticed that you have no magical affinity and that you have not fought in your life, two fundamental things for that class that by the way its teacher is known to be brutal."

"How the hell do you know that?! Besides, you never know, perseverance always triumphs."

"Some elves can perceive magic and I will tell you that I do not feel almost nothing in you, well, in the end, it is your decision, I only warned you in good faith."

"Well thanks!"

"You're welcome, umm now that I fall, Arthur, you said you were going to combat classes, what a coincidence I too, I think we could have our rematch today."

"There is no ..." said Arthur predicting his future.

Future for which Arthur would later make him nervous to be with Silvia and Riana along with 20 other students in a sports uniform in the middle of the gym, headquarters of the combat class.

And in front of it was Professor Gordrian who was about to start the class.

"Many as always ehh, well that remains to be seen."

"Some should already know me, but for those who don't, I am Gordian EternalFire their teacher of magical combat."

"I suppose that many of those here come because they want to be legends and popular warriors, as I will tell you."

"They came to the right place, since here they will be taught to fight using from their body to their mana and if they manage to survive the training they can be considered good fighters, one step closer to their ideal"

"But don't get confused, here more than theoretical techniques and book movements, they will learn to fight in any way and in the best way, in such a way that they will doubt their morale."

"From what I will tell you in advance, in real combat what matters is winning without room for honor or mercy."

"But don't panic, some laws defend you so I assure you that nothing will be fatal, but like any place where your body is practical, accidents can happen so be prepared."

"Now today's class will be diagnostic, and what we will do will be the following, each one will write a name on a piece of paper, then I will take them all, and they will raise 2, the winners will have a 5-minute duel, this will begin to be scored ."

Once the instructions were given, the class proceeded naturally and as the teacher had said, the students in the lottery would face each other, being able to choose a practice weapon of their choice.

And between the trio, Arthur and Silvia passed before Riana, bringing about Silvia's misfortune of not playing with Arthur, but the happiness that both had tormented their opponents and now only Riana was missing who during this time was preparing arrays in her body.

"Well, it's time for the next election," said the professor with a bag full of little pieces of paper in his hand.

"Well, here goes the first one, let's see Riana Windsoft passes to the field," said the professor.

Saying his name Riana with his nerves churning, she walked to the field where he would be trying to relax while occasionally looking at Arthur who was watching him.

"And now the second opponent is none other than Gray March, Gray passes to the field."

"Gray March , umm I remember, it was that I have a higher grade in the exam, it is wrong, why should I have to play such a calamity, I hope my arrays will serve me".

And while she thought about it, Gray Mayo entered the field while being admired by many who also threw words of comfort to Riana.

Once both were positioned and prepared, the professor announced.

"I see well that they are ready but I see a problem, Riana!."

"Huh? yes?."

"I'm sorry for not saying it before, but it's better to say it right now."

"In this matter we seek to fight without prepared aids unless it is a special exercise, so preparing magic arrays in your body is a good idea and I respect it, I am sorry to say that this is prohibited in encounters in this matter."

"If you want, you must use them at the moment before fighting, do not take it wrong you will see that this is for your good, now if you do not want me to run you from the class I demand that you undo your magic."

When the teacher said that, the students burst out laughing and gave up, with the exception of some like Arthur and Silvia, among others.

On the other hand, Riana upon hearing that was filled with despair and cold sweat.

[This is very, very bad, I think it only remains for me to do my best, I doubt that this arrogant boy will give me time to make an array.]

And followed by that thought it disintegrated its circuits.

"Well done, a good warrior accepts difficulties and moves on, now begin."

And with that said, Riana carrying a simple saber, and Gray who carried a large ax began the fight.

On Riana's part, she began by applying the simple body-reinforcing magic which she still didn't master well, but enough to add strength to her body.

But on the other hand, Gray, after making a simple mocking gesture, instantly activated her body reinforcement which was far superior to Riana's and then launched herself at full speed.

Riana, who was already close to finishing her magic, when she realized her enemy, immediately took evasive actions starting to move aside, losing part of her body magic.

But this could do little, since the experienced Gray, with outstanding agility, was able to change his direction with enough efficiency, and when he got to her, evading any defense she might have, he slashed her in the side that sent her all sore to the floor.

"Ahhh," Riana yelled in pain.

"Is that all? Get up and fight?" Gray said.

But there was no need to listen to that since she was already psyched to have a hard time, so enduring the pain, she stopped.

But to her dismay, as soon as he was done stopping, Gray sent his fist to her stomach, drawing all her air out and grabbing her kneeling while holding her stomach.

"You look pathetic, or are you making fun of me," Gray said from above.

Riana when she heard this she could only think.

[This wretch ...]

And along with this thought and the anger that comes with it, she woke up angrily ignoring her state.

"what the h...'"

But as soon as he had looked up what he saw was Grey's fist inches from his face, only giving him a small margin to move his face a little enough so that the blow hit him right on the cheek, but it was not for that reason less powerful, as I send her stunned to the ground again.

When this happened, her friend Arthur who was this could not take it anymore, and tried to go to the field, but was stopped by the teacher who suddenly appeared in front of her saying.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"Where do you think, to help her, and you? Why don't you stop this?!".

"Help her? I don't see why, whether you have a bad time or it is up to you in combat to help her now would only be to pamper her."

"You ... ahh there's no point, let me go!" Arthur said as he tried to surround the professor.

But this one, instantly hit him in the stomach, leaving him choked and on his knees.

"Listen, talented little one, I don't like your recklessness, that's the first thing that kills us, but I like your bravery, that's good, but you'll see this will teach you that if you want to launch yourself into a hero, at least have the power or intelligence to back up your actions."

"Uuu .." Arthur agonized as he glared at the teacher while noticing that Riana was feeling beaten nonstop.

"Oh it seems that you have rage, well it does not matter, that does not affect me, now I recommend that you stay here and watch the outcome, since unlike you, your friend, as far as it goes, still has a fighting spirit and does not has given up"

But after saying this, the professor turned to keep an eye on the fight, then turned to Arthur, somewhat disappointed to say.

"Well I was, what a disappointment I thought it was going to last longer, umm, it won't be long now, better to continue until the end."

"You're a disgrace..."

"Hehe thanks ... but this will not earn you favor for praising me," I finish thanking the deranged professor for this insult.

Insult arising from the current situation of Riana, who was now all beaten full of dirt and some wounds, while she was between lying down and sitting while looking with tears in her eyes with terror at her fearsome opponent.

"Please, stop, I can't take it anymore, I give up."

"Give up? Don't joke like that, in a deathmatch, your enemy doesn't stop for this, so this continues."

And thus finished saying this, Gray with an evil face was going to cut him down with his ax on Riana's head to finish her off, but when he was about to reach her, the teacher's voice echoed.

"Weather!."

"Tch," I snap, stopping his ax millimeters from it, then pulling it back.

But although Riana did not receive the physical blow, she did receive her psychological pressure which was enough to make her lose consciousness, but before this, she could see as everything vanished, the figure of Arthur running towards her.

0