Chapter 18 – The Dark Side of the Magic Tower
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The magic tower is a place of wisdom and knowledge, but like any organization made up of intelligent beings, not everything is perfect.

That same day, one more evaluator from the tower was lazily doing his job of administering the written exam for the degree of apprentice arranging magician, while he thought.

[What a bummer doing this, having to tend to these untalented brats is a waste of my time, if it weren't for my father who sent me to this hole, I would be happy in the capital having fun.]

[But no, my father said, 'You are 35 years old, you are an elite magician and you are good for nothing, parties here, parties here, problems here already, I'm fed up, so you're going to start working for the bad until you settle in and forget about receiving money ']

[By the gods, dad, I'm already 35 I'm an adult, and we're rotten in money, can't we take it easy on us? But no, always studies, studies, studies.]

[Aff, I thought that when I became an adult and become an elite magician, it would leave me alone, but I see that not.]

[When have I been here ...? Let's see umm, oh hell it's only been 10 minutes and it's an hour, what a bummer, and by the way, I have to watch him ...]

 

And with all the annoyance in the world, the examiner kept waiting, until, after another 20 minutes, an aspiring beast tribe got up with her exam to deliver it.

[Oh, it seems that the first to surrender is already going]

The evaluator thought when he saw the beastly girl, go towards him, but to his surprise, when the young woman arrived in front of him, the words and attitude that she expressed below were not according to his thoughts.

"Excuse me, I'm done, can I retire?"

[Wait, she's done? she is not quitting ..., and from her face, it seems like it's not a game ... well, for sure you'll have a lot of bad things]

The evaluator thought, who took the exam sheets and then indicated that he could withdraw.

[This is a joke right?] Thoughts of disbelief ran through the mind of the poor evaluator as he went over the answers from the beast girl's exam after she left, just to confirm his thoughts.

"How can a brat pass this shit, even I, being now an elite arranging mage, just passed this exam along with 3 others."

The poor evaluator complained with jealousy, to this surprise, since there was no room in his brain for a brat to go through this since it is known that although arranging magic was not so demanding in terms of talent and affinity, it was in complexity and analysis, which is why these magicians are usually called more engineers than magicians; And with Magic Tower being the world's leading mage management organization, it is clear that its quality standard for new entrants is very high.

And so, the evaluator as a result of this young woman, had a bitter time complaining in his mind, until the hour of the test ended, time in which he was finally able to go out to take a breath with the only relief was that there was no more surprise in tests and that most were failed according to their general review.

[Ahh finally free time, it hurts that soon I will have to be in another test, that well at least I do not have to correct these shits, hehehe that good that I got a poor fool to help me]

The poor evaluator was talking to herself about his future as he walked through the corridors, until, by works of destiny, when crossing a corner, a small figure tripped over him, making her fall.

"Auch But what the hell, eh you?" He finished saying when he saw the culprit upstairs offering him a hand of apology, being no more than the young woman who had approved with honors.

"Excuse me, sorry for bumping into you, I'm in a hurry," the young woman apologized.

But as he accepted her hand and stood, his mind was filled with anger and jealousy at this despicable brat who does not know her place in the world, so with anger clouding his already unhealthy good sense, he decided to give her a hard time. hang out for the creature for his pleasure, taking advantage of the surrounding lack of audience.

"Excuse me? Do you think an apology and offering me a hand is enough to pay for the outrage you have done to me."

"I..., well, I think so, I don't think it was a big deal."

[This brat ...] the evaluator said in her mind and then responded with fury "That it was not a big deal? don't you know who I am? and what position I hold."

"I ... I'm sorry, I don't know, I think because of your robe you're an elite mage."

"Yes I'm elite magician, a great noble elite magician, as well as the one in charge of the tests of the magicians of arrangements, and also, son of the deputy director of the magic tower of the capital and a great magician and sage, so which my influence is very strong here.

"I ... I'm sorry ... very much ... I didn't mean to ... I don't know what else to say ..."

[Jumm it seems that the usual trick worked, well now the good thing hehehe] the evaluator thought evilly when he saw the apparent shyness of the poor girl and then approached her a step and spoke softly.

"Ohh, it seems that you already understand the gravity of your crime, but don't worry, I see that you are a beautiful young woman with a great future, so I won't make it difficult for you, so if you are willing to be my assistant I ..."

The evaluator was saying, but who would say that the young woman, before he finished speaking, ran away at a speed only promoted by magic, leaving the evaluator alone in the hall shocked by this.

[This fucking brat, she doesn't know who she's messing with, I swear I'll never forget this and don't even dream of being a magician, no, wait, don't dream of having a future as a magician in this organization, hahahahaha] He made sure to think his furious Oath, instead of shouting it in the public ear, the unfortunate evaluator announced.

And just as the evaluator swore, over time, he found out the tests she took during the day and, fueled by anger and jealousy to discover the ones she had taken, he contacted at least one side of her tests, whether a write or practical. , to convince them to be 'more strict' with her; And this was possible because although he did not have the authority of his father to be punished, he was still the son of the deputy director of the capital branch in addition to having many contacts and that his punishment was not going to be eternal.

So to finish his work, the last time he visited, he only suggested that he be 'a little rough' long enough to pass, his last question being the next before accepting.

"Okay, so tell me, what is the poor girl's name?"

"Her name is Riana Softwind."

And so, although she saved her dignity by running, unfortunately she has been blacklisted by the darkness of the tower.

 

0