Chapter 20: Shisui Mirror
374 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Captain's Meeting Hall)

"Yoruichi Shihoin reporting, sir."

"Ah, Yoruichi. You were summoned, too, huh?" Urahara looking the captain's meeting hall.

"Looks like it's just you and me." She responds.

"I think you know why I called you here." Yamamoto says from his seat. "The Central 46 are considering using the Shisui Mirror."

"Does that mean you don't trust the Gotei 13, Head Captain?" Yoruichi says shocked.

"We must win at all costs! Besides, if that's what the Central 46 decides, there's nothing we can do but obey." Yamamoto says.

"As I recall, there isn't a single person alive who is able to use the Shisui Mirror." Urahara points out.

"We found one." Yamamoto replies.

"You've got to be kidding!"

A woman wearing a pink kimono enters the room. Her red hair descending her smiling face.

"Head Captain! You-" Yoruichi starts but stops herself.

Urahara lets out a sigh. "What are you doing here?"

--

(Hours Later Outside of the Walled Seireitei)

An Arrancar stands in front of a horde of Hollows. His blue hair swept to the side.

"I have waited for many long years… Waited for the restoration of my body, of my power! Waited to reach my ultimate state! I feel my power continuing to rise! Oh, my blade, Fenix! Grant me unlimited power! And grant death and destruction to the Shinigami. The time for my revenge has come at last!"

He turns towards the hollows surrounding him. "Let us begin! Begin the Shinigami hunt!"

--

(2nd Division Station)

"The Shisui Mirror, eh?" Yoruichi shifts in her chair at the second division.

"Aah! What is this! Is this Arturo?"

--

(13th Division Station)

Ukitake at his home. "What is this spiritual pressure!"

--

(11th Division Station)

The regal kenpachi shifts slightly and hides a smile. "Time to begin the hunt…"

--

(1st Division Station)

Captain Yamamoto "He's here."

--

(Eighth Division Station)

Captain Shunsui looks up from his drink. "I assumed the old man was exaggerating!"

--

(Squad 5 POV)

An immense reiatsu bearing down upon all the squad members inside the station.

"Stay calm. The enemy is here!" Captain Suzunami trying to calm the squad.

"Emergency report!" Shinji says dashing into the division. "A large unit of Hollows is in South Rukon, being led by something with immense spiritual pressure. They're heading for the Seireitei."

Captain Suzunami nodding. "Squad 5, we're moving out! Follow me!"

"Yes sir!"

--

(At the Seireimon)

All the captains arrive and appear above the gates looking down at the Hollow horde.

"This is it!" Captain Suzunami getting ready to protect the gate.

"Here it comes, the owner of that overwhelming reiatsu!" Captain Ukitake calls out to the others.

An Arrancar floating in the air with a pair of wings made of red reiatsu. His hair swept to the side and light blue. His hole in the middle of his chest and the remaining of his mask hanging from the right side of his face.

"Looks pretty sure of himself…" Captain Shunsui says tilting his straw hat down.

"I am Arturo Plateado! I have come to kill the Shinigami. Step forward, starting with the strongest." The Arrancar calls out.

"Does he mean to take on the Gotei 13 by himself?" Ukitake says a fire burning in his eyes.

"Or perhaps he's trying to lure us out." Captain Unohana says.

As she says that members of the 11th division rush out towards him.

"Wait! Don't be rash!" Ukitake yells out to them.

The members that rushed out cut down in an instant.

"Hmph. Is that all even a horde of your little fleas is capable of?" His reiatsu soaring after killing the Shinigami.

"Huh? Is it me, or did his spiritual power just go UP?" Shunsui says feeling the change.

"Is that a Zanpakuto in his hands?" Ukitake calls out.

"That is correct. Meet my Zanpakuto. It's named Fenix. It has the ability to steal away the reiatsu of the Shinigami's it kills.

"What?" Suzunami calls out.

"That can't be good!" Shunsui adds.

"I will say it again, I have come to kill the STRONGEST Shinigami. So, what will you do? Run away in fear, I suppose?"

Suzunami lifting his sword. "Nobody's going to run!"

Ukitake standing beside him. "If you came looking for opponents, you shall have your wish."

"Hold it. We don't want to just play right into his hands, now, do we?" Shunsui trying to stop them.

"Let us go, Kyoraku!" Suzunami yells out as Ukitake joins in. "Don't try to stop us, Shunsui!"

"Wait, gentlemen. Whether he's telling rhe truth or not, that Zanpakuto is a threat." Unohana says trying to calm them down.

"If what this fellow is saying is true, it'll be all over if one of you gets killed." Shunsui says.

"But that won't happen!" Suzunami raring for a fight.

"Arturo once wiped out half the Gotei 13. How do you suppose he did it?" Shunsui questions. "It wasn't just because he was stronger. The answer lies in that Zanpakuto."

"But if w don't fight, who will defeat him?!" Suzunami continues.

"What is the matter, Shinigami? Are the Gotei 13 little more than a pack of cowards?"

Suzunami growls at the man.

An adjuchas-class walks up to Arturo. "We'll lure these captains out for you! Heh heh heh!" The two-legged Hollow says.

"Hmph. Fine. You will do as bait, I suppose." Arturo moving his hand towards the Hollow.

"Thank you my lord!" The hollow bows in respect.

"Listen well, Shinigami! I will be waiting for you, as soon as you have made up your minds to die. You will be the perfect nourishment for my soul!" Arturo says as he steps all the way back.

"He's withdrawn?" Ukitake says.

"It looks like his boastful theatrics have saved us for now." Shunsui says.

"Saved us?! We hardly needed saving." Suzunami shouts back.

"All right. Don't get so hot under the collar. If you lose your head, the enemy wins. We can use this time to plan our strategy." Shunsui replies.

"I agree let us captains step back and consider our options." Captain Unohana adds.

Suzunami growls again as Ginrei's hand finds its way to his shoulder. "You still have two to look over on the battlefield."

"All squad vanguards, forward! I'm afraid we're going to have to ask you to hold off the minions a little longer."

"Yes sir!"

--

(Takashi's POV)

"Why are all the captains standing by at the rear?" Matsuri asks towards Lieutenant Shinji.

"Arturo is formidable. This is the strategy to deal with his abilities." Shinji says with a smile. "Our job is to keep these Hollows busy while they make a plan in the back. So be careful!"

I nod and look towards the Hollows on our side of the field.

"There's a Menos Grande standing in the center of the hollows. It's the only threat here…" I look around at the enemies.

Taking a step forward. "Flash!" Tripling my speed, I jump up into the Menos' face and cut its mask in half. Using its corpse as leverage I jump towards the hollows in the back. Two quick slashes take them out. Looking back to the fight I see the others taking care of the remaining swiftly.

I return to the group and look around for more Hollows.

"We're not retreating. Not one step! Let's trust in our captains!" Kaien says motivating our group.

"Yes sir!"

--

7