Chapter 23: Alone
680 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Takashi's POV)

As the reiatsu of the three disappear I turn towards the remaining Shinigami.

"Urahara…" I look towards him. "Where did they go?"

"…" Looking at the white light I can tell he doesn't have an answer for me.

And like that my little sister and foster father disappeared from my life.

--

(One Month Later in the Suzunami Home)

I enter the empty spotless home with a sigh. I've been sleeping at the training ground for the past month trying to get stronger. I only come back here to cook or clean the home of cobwebs and dust.

'Lady Konoka is staying at the 4th to recover with Captain Unohana…' Shaking my head I head towards the kitchen and prepare some lunches to pay those kids a visit for the first time since the invasion.

After finishing making the food, I head out to the Rukon district.

--

(Rukon District Gin's Home)

Reaching the Rukon district that Gin and Rangiku live in I make my way to their house and enter it. Giving them the food for today.

"Ah! This is delicious!" Rangiku says as she stuffs her face. Gin slowly eating his food as he looks towards the door.

"I'm glad you two are enjoying the food." I say with a smile. "If you two need anything from me just shout." My smile straining a bit as I use my Shikai to place a royal guard in both their shadows. I start heading for the door.

"Is Matsuri coming later?" Rangiku asks as I start to leave.

I shake my head. "She… won't be coming for a while." Recalling that the guard I gave to her hasn't returned.

"Aw… I wanted to see her again." She continues.

"Just wait a bit. I'm sure she'll come back from her mission soon." Gin says to help me out.

--

(Rukon District Toshiro's Home)

I stop by Lil 'Shiro's and Momo's place with the food. Dropping it off to their thanks and asking about Matsuri, I inform them that she's occupied at the moment.

They both nod as Shiro looks at me strangely. I take the chance while I'm here to give both of them a royal guard as well. Momo smiling while waving at me as I leave. Toshiro has his arms crossed as if he's contemplating something.

--

(4th Divsion Lady Konoka's Room)

For my last visit of the day, I stop by the 4th division station and head straight to Lady Konoka's room. Upon entering I see the red-haired woman lying peacefully with her eyes closed. I sit down and wait.

"..."

Waking up from my sleep in the room I see a black cat laying on my lap. Their eyes closed with a content expression.

I move my hand over to their ears scratching as I continue waiting.

I look over to Lady Konoka and let out a sigh. 'She's supposed to wake up soon...'

Immense reiatsu's begin to fill the air around me. The cat in my lap jumping up and dashing towards the source. I chase after it as well.

--

(Staircase leading to Captain's Hall)

The 3rd division captain falls to the ground. Blood leaking from her mouth as her corpse rolls down the staircase. Her body stopping at a pile where Shinigami corpses rest.

"…"  The eleventh captain watches the body roll away from him.

"Azashiro! What is the meaning of this!?" An elderly man, Ginrei Kuchiki, calls out to the captain of the 11th division.

"To brand me as a traitor…" The captain says ripping his captain's haori off. "…"

--

(Flashback 1500 Years Ago)

"Become a strong Shinigami!" A young girl's bloody face entering his eyes. Her pale complexion and sound of her heavy breathing filling the air. Blood leaking from her wound as the Hollows around them continue to close in. Laughter echoing throughout the chamber as corrupt nobles watch the onslaught.

His sister's life ending in his hands as he breaks down in tears.

"Ban…" His reiatsu starting to flare as he stares with fury.

"Kai!"

--

(Current Time Outside the Captain's Hall)

A slash from Ginrei distracting him from his ruminations.

The former captain lets out a sigh. "I only wished to fulfill my duty…" A group of Rukon district civilians behind him. They charge forward at Ginrei trying to take him down.

"What is this madness!" Ginrei blocking the attacks without killing the civilians.

Azashiro ignoring the old man turns to look towards Soul King's Palace sensing the reiatsu dashing towards him.

"I see… Even the Soul King rejects my plans…" He stops gazing off towards the approaching reiatsu of Squad Zero. Turning back to the old captain he points a finger at him. "Seitai Y-"Before he can continue two quick kicks knock him back.

--

(Takashi's POV)

"Takashi Kudo reporting in, sir!" I say with a nod towards the 6th division captain. Putting a stop to whatever his plan was. Looking away from him and towards the man in front of me. "The current Kenpachi was branded a criminal?" I say scratching the back of my head as I step towards him with another kick.

His eyes opening with shock at my speed, but instead of feeling my leg connecting with his body, it passes through and I stumble to correct myself. "Oh? Now that's new…" Stepping back from him I pull out my nodachi.

I step forward and try slashing him with my nodachi and seeing it not connecting in any meaningful way I look at him with a frown. "It looks I'd be out of luck if I only knew how to swing a sword." My reiatsu starting to flare as I sheath my nodachi.

--

(Flashback 1500 Years Ago)

The boy awakening from his slumber looking around. Blood laying out as corpses of Hollows remain and the nobles that were observing dead. No visible wounds out than blood leaking from their mouths.

The boy looks down at his sister's body and kneeling beside her. He lets out a few sobs and stands back up.

'I'll kill all the Hollows and nobles for taking her away…'

--

(Current Time)

'Looks like I won't be able to fulfill her wish right now…' The captain looking towards the young man with a reiatsu far surpassing his own.

--

(Takashi POV)

The former captain looking at me and then at the Squad Zero members approaching quickly lets out a sigh. "I surrender." The bodies of the civilians going to limp and falling to the ground.

I nod at that and keep my sword sheathed as we wait for the Royal Guards.

After a few moments, two figures enter the scene and look from me to Azashiro. The first figure is a dark-skinned man with thick, black hair that is shaven on the sides of his head. Wearing a pair of gold-framed sunglasses covering his eyes. The second is a lean-built and tall man. His hair styled in a large pompadour. Both wearing a white jacket with the Royal Guard emblem on its back.

"Tsk. What are you damn kids doing? You think it's all right to act up like this?" The pompadour Royal Guard says with a frown clear on his face.

The other man pats the pompadour guard on the back and looks towards the former captain. "You surrendered right? Let's go time is wasting." The man appearing beside the traitor and shunpoing away. The pompadour guard letting out a "tsk." And chasing after them.

I run over to the captain and check his body for wounds.

"Tengoku." Placing my hand on his shoulder to heal any wounds not visible.

"Thank you, Kudo." He says with a nod.

The cat appearing again and jumping up on my shoulder.

Ginrei looks on with interest and a knowing smile. 'Good for her...'

7