Chapter 4 A warm dinner
609 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This will be your room, I will wait here if you need anything" (Williams) 

The room I was given is a big room with a king sized bed at the side, facing the window. Beside the bed is a small rectangular table and a cupboard with mirror on the other side. Below the window is a chair and a small round table. And a door leading to the bathroom at the corner of the room. 

"Thanks" (Arrys) 

Nodding to the butler I enter the room and start to take off my armor. Putting away the armor inside my inventory I ponder what should I use. I decided to use a white shirt,  a bluish White bunny eared jacket, blue jeans and a black sandals with blue lining. I tied my hair in a half up, looking at the mirror I look like a cute little prince now, thought if I use the hood I will be easily mistaken as a girl again.

"Okay then, shall we go? " (Arrys) 

I come out from the room and ask the butler that has been waiting there. He look shoked when he see me, 'what is this? One more of those who didn't believe I was a boy? '

"Um... You have a change of clothes? " (Williams) 

He asked, 'oh that one'. Certainly it would be confusing because I don't have any luggage. Now I think about it, nobody knew about my inventory magic. Well not like it matters, except for those who after my magic I guess. 

"Yes" (Arrys) 

Thus, lets keep it a secret, or mysterious and don't use it in front of people. 

"... "

How long are you going to stare? I have no interest in man you know? Are you a pedo? 

*ahem* " Should we go then? "(Williams) 

Whether he feels awkward or read my mind he changed the topic and continue our conversation. 

" Yes, please lead the way" (Arrys) 

___

Still, this house is really big, it take us a fever minute to reach the dinning room. Provide we didn't run which is definitely faster, and less polite. 

*knock knock*

"Duke Vilas Karuna, Lady Azura, Young lady Asha, Young Arrys is here" (Williams) 

So the Duke is called Vilas. Thought I would prefer he introduced me as Prince Arrys. Joke aside, a deep voice can be heard answering from inside, Vilas voice presumably. 

"Let him in" (Vilas) 

Williams opened the door for me. I on the other hand play the role as a prince. With straight posture I walk inside, my right hand folded in front of me I bow to the people inside with a smile. The room is big with a long table in the middle, the furthest end of the table is a man with blond hair about 40 years old? I'm really bad at guessing peoples age. Then in front of him at the right side is Azura and Asha on the left waving her hand Inviting me to sit besides her. 

"That jacket look cute! I wish I had one like that! " (Asha) 

"Well, thank you" (Arrys) 

I give a glance to Azura who nod, then I take a sit beside Asha who's beaming a smile full of stars. 'Really interesting girl she is' I chuckle seeing her expression. 

"So this is the one you're talking about? " (Vilas) 

The Duke voice is deep, but he didn't sound intimidating, instead he sounds like a caring father. Well he is a father and Azura said he wanted a son, so probably he tends to dote on kids, especially boy, thought there is that bad result named Cain. 

"Yes, he is, he act so mature even though he is young doesn't he? " (Azura) 

"Indeed he is, I wish I had a son like him" (Vilas) 

Yup he really want a son. Well can't say anything about that. 

"Isn't he my brother? Mama said he's my sibling" (Asha) 

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. The reason she tackled me down was because Azura said I was her sibling. I look at Azura. 

"Oh~, I'm sorry honey, I was teasing you, but forgot about it because you injured yourself" (Azura) 

Yeah thanks to her injury I forgot about that too. More importantly, I'm more interested in the despair in Ashas face and the difficult expression on Vilas face... Wait a second old man, what did you just think about. No, forget it, I don't want to know. 

"Mom, that's not nice! " (Asha) 

"I'm sorry honey" (Azura) 

While Asha pouting cutely at her mother, Azura could only apologize. While Vilas just remember Azuras word and ask worried. 

"What do you mean she injure herself? Are you okay honey? " (Vilas) 

"Oh yeah, I fell when I hug him, then he healed me using this butterfly, it's amazing the butterfly is glowing the poof the hurts gone and the butterfly is gone to! Oh yeah, how did you do that, you didn't tell me, can you teach me that!? Can you? Can you? " (Asha) 

Wow look at that, I can't believe she talk that fast without a slip. I can't talk that fast, well not that I need to. Now how should I answer her? I do want to know if my skill knowledge can be applied to others. I guess I can teach her, I still need to think of what to do here. 

"I'm interested too, is that your magic? " (Azura) 

Well I see the other are curious too. 

"Well yeah, that's my magic" (Arrys) 

I hold my hand up and make one healing butterfly on my finger. 

"It is one of the top stage healing magic, nor the best there is, but definitely the best on my arsenal" (Arrys) 

I smiled and let the butterfly fly towards Asha who's beaming besides me. 

"It's not like I can't teach you, but you need to work really hard to back able to do this" (Arrys) 

"Are you sure? We haven't test her magic affinity, and the test usually at 14 years old when their manager core mature" (Vilas) 

Oh that's new, the knowledge I get from all the skill didn't say about magic affinity. If this world people need that to do magic then it is difficult. But what if the magic system is different? 

"Hmm, how do you do magic here? Maybe there's a difference in our magic system because in my home there is no affinity test" (Arrys) 

"Well you need to channel your manager through your body, along with the help of chants then the magic will manifest" (Vilas) 

Well that's simple. Too simple actually.

"Hmm, in my system to do magic you need to go through three steps, one is mana control where you move your mana, then there is mana conversion, then last is mana forming where the magic manifest" (Arrys) 

"I think the difference is on how we perform the magic, where your magic, as I understand it performed with your natural mana and imagination. My magic is a system where we control our mana step by step to do what we needed it to" (Arrys) 

I guess this is good opportunity too while I think about my future action here. 

"How about I teach your daughter my magic as exchange for letting me stay here? " (Arrys) 

"You don't need to do that to stay here, we welcome you here, after all I can't ignore a child lost in place they don't know. But I would be grateful if you can teach her, after all with how jumpy she is we don't know when she will hurt herself again" (Azura) 

Azura said while smiling, Vilas nod at that, and Asha pout at her mother for teasing her before they laugh at that, I smile at this show of warm family, a family despite their status doesn't get corrupted by greed and pride. A really beautiful family. The dinner continues with light mood just like that. 

21