Chapter 5 Anybody Want some Actions?
612 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is the next morning and the sun haven't show up. I'm jogging around the mansion. I'm wearing a black pants and sleeveless T-shirt. I stopped in front of a training ground.

"Oh, this is pretty nice" (Arrys) 

There is many training swords and other weapons here. I'm not that good with martial arts but I knew some stuff. Like how to swing the sword and some techniques that I see from Youtube. 

I take one of the training sword. Lowering my stance I hold the sword diagonally above my head and using my upper body I swing the sword and stop when the sword is right in front of me so I don't over swing. As expected I'm no expert on this. It looks easy when the experts do it thought. Well at least I get the basic form. 

'Hmm, can mana flow through this? '

I try to shot a mana bullet from the end of the sword and it shot upward trough the wood fiber. I change how I hold the sword, instead of holding it on the handle, I hold it on the guard and my other hand on the blade part. The wood for the guard is not one with the blade so I can't channel my mana through the guard, so I use my hand that is holding the blade to Chanel my mana. 

*swoosh

The bullet go straight forward for a few meters before it starts to dissipate. 

"Now I see why those who use staff search for a straight core for their staff" (Arrys) 

"You brat!! " (Cain) 

I hear a familiar voice from behind. I turn around to find a chubby hamster glaring at me. 

"Oh the rude guy has been cursed into a hamster! " (Arrys) 

I fake surprise at him. Well who would have thought. 

"I'll beat you to death you little runt" (Cain) 

Cain walk towards me in anger, taking a wooden sword in the way. Well well, what should I do, I guess it good to test how I would fare here. The goblin? That doesn't count, I mean I doesn't even know what happened at that time until it's dead. 

'Ok here we go'

Cain swung his sword downward at me with all his strength, definitely intending to injure me. I hold my sword up, still holding it by the guard and blade. I make sure the other end of the guard is facing him and send my mana turning it into a mini grenade that send the two of us tumbling back. I roll backward and jump back to my leg. That was a counter from the game, used when you're attacked to deal small damage and get away from the enemy. 

'Seem to work'

I don't get the damage because what send me backward is the recoil when I shot my mini grenade. 

"You brat! What did you do! ? " (Cain) 

Cain get up more enraged, and stormed my way sword at hand in a stabbing position. 

'Hah..., he doesn't learn is he? '

I face the end of my sword towards my back slightly towards the ground. Then I channel my mana like a thruster shooting me forward, this is actually a dodging skill from the game, but since it is not a game anymore I can use it to propel myself like this. I lean my body backward and fold my legs. Cain who see that align his sword at me and stop to make a stance preparing for impact. I move the thruster a bit to the left making me spin slightly to the right. I crash into his face, my feet is planted into his face, the impact shoots him backward a few meters as I use the thruster to spin me back to my feet. 

I wobble before falling on my butt. 'That's hard on my foot, as expected I'm not good with physical damage'. Cain on the other hand apparently lost consciousness, well not surprising looking at how swollen his face is. 

"I'm surprised that he can still act that way in this condition, or is it the other way around? " (Arrys) 

"It's probably the other way around in this case. I was about to interfere there, but to think you can beat him, I'm impressed" (Hayden) 

I look around to see Hayden standing on the side with other soldiers, apparently watching our fight. 

"Well, I cheated. Not like I can win against a soldier in a hand in hand combat. A full grown adult no less. Magic is my forte after all" (Arrys) 

Well I could possibly paralyze him using poison but well I'm not gonna let a chance to test my skill here. 

"Still that is an amazing display, I haven't seen any magic like that before, you use that without any chant" (Hayden) 

"Well that's not actual magic, just simple burst of mana. Anyone who can control their mana should technically able to do that" (Arrys) 

The thruster is just a burst of mana to propel you. But the mini grenade need more finesse in the mana control to compress the mana to amplify the blast. 

"Hmm, I see, maybe that'll be a good addition to our practice. It should be useful for the soldiers to amplify our attacks" (Hayden) 

So he is thinking of using it as burst of speed of some kind. 

"I think that would be difficult, using a wooden sword that is made from only two part is easy. But a real sword you have the handle and all other part making it impossible to do, you will only destroy the sword doing that" (Arrys) 

"To explain in other words, when you move your mana through the handle, the mana will either come out around the guard or pommel, pushing it away and possibly breaking it apart" (Arrys) 

Hayden seem to ponder a bit hearing my word before nodding his head. 

"Well that is a shame but I better listen to the expert. Anyway want to continue training with us? " (Hayden) 

Hayden asked with a smile. 

"No thanks, my legs is hurting from the last move" (Arrys)  

"Is that so? Later then" (Hayden) 

"Yeah later" (Arrys) 

With that I leave the training area. 

ok,this is my attempt on action,how did I do? Well, I know there is nothing much is happening here but hope you like it

22