Chapter 79 – The arrival at the beach
571 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Wow! Look at how far it spreads!”, Lara exclaimed as she observed the endless vast pool of water before her.

“It seems almost endless!”, Luna complied.

“Master! It’s really cold!”, Azure said as she unhesitatingly set her foot within the water, although she is a slime, I still wondered if she could actually feel the water or the frost.

“The water is salty…”, Athena muttered while inspecting the water, as if it had all been a myth to her until now.

“Oh-ho, this place ain’t bad at all.”, Willow said.

“The sun, is too bright.”, Alice covered her eyes, unable to absorb the sunlight blinding her line of sight.

“I wanna go home.”, my true intentions were shown to the world by a single sentence.

We left ‘Knightfall’ and made our way to the beach, along with Gray and his companions who agreed to take us with them.

The trip took about three to four days which was exhausting, this piece of information isn’t necessarily important. I introduced Athena, Azure, Alice, Willow and the twins to them, I told that Athena was a random adventurer I partied up with, same thing for Alice and Azure including Willow. And that the twins were my relatives.

“Shiro, cheer up buddy! We’re at the beach, so let’s go have some fun!”, Gray, who seemed to be awfully energetic, exclaimed.

‘Weren’t you dead inside a couple of days ago?’

“… I-I-I’ve never been to the beach before, so this is a new experience…”, Mash’s voice reduced to nothing but whisper as she spoke, her cheeks reddened in a deep shade of red.

“This is indeed a different sight to see.”, Silvet said, as the sea breeze passed by his hair, making it aflutter.

“To think you’d enjoy activities such as these, quite surprising.”, Laila said, her animal tail wagging rapidly in anticipation.

Grays party consisted of two humans, one half-elf and one Demi-Human. Silvet is the half-elf, Laila the Demi-Human and the humans were Mash and Gray.

‘Okay, they seem a little distracted, I’ll just disappear away—‘

I slowly walked away, escaping the possible torture that not even I could possibly begin to fathom. 

“Hey! What are you doing Azure?!”

“Come on Athena, get in!”, Azure splashed water on Athena, her body trembled as the sheer difference between hot and cold contrasted on her fair white skin.

“Take this!”, Laila came in, and made a big wave with her hands. 

"""Kyaaa!""", the wave caught hand on not just Azure, but Lara and Luna as well.

“Now you’re asking for it—, KYA!”, Azure was ready for a comeback, but the unexpected assault from behind caused by Athena caught her off guard.

And so, the girls splashed in the water happily as ever, wearing swimsuits which I will not be going into too much detail.

And where was I?

Hiding within the shadows… in the most literal of cases.

I secluded myself beneath the shadow casted by a palm tree.

In this small little beach, the sun shone brightly which was perfect for the location, but not for the actual current season.

It is almost winter, or so I thought before I set foot inside this ginormous anomaly of a beach.

And if that wasn’t weird enough, this place was unexpectedly filled, there was a small town nearby with a considerable amount of people residing there. And on evenings they spend most of their time on their popularly country wide beach.

“I really want to go home…”, I muttered with tears in my eyes, I could feel my body shrinking in the shadow making sure I was as barely visible as it could be.

I was never a appreciator of outdoor activities, and the worst ones were ‘Beach Activities’, as someone who spent most of their time locked up inside a room, the thought of talking to someone and have sunlight reach my skin was nightmarish.

Of course, that was back then. Although I personally do not mind talking to people, having to go outside to a place like this was horrifying mainly because:

The sand is rough and irritating, the sun is so hot it bothers just to try walking. And the crippling thought of sand entering the gaps between your nails filled your mind with every step. And the public gazes were uncomfortable.

And that’s why I prefer spending my time in places that are comfortable, like cities or towns with stone streets where the feeling isn’t as bad compared to having almost molecule sized rocks pressed onto my feet.

And here I was thinking to myself while everyone else was having fun, except for a certain number of people.

“I was already expecting you not to join in their shenanigans, but still seeing you here feels unsettling.”, I told Alice who was sitting next to me, inside the nice and cold shadow.

“You really are a shut-in.”

“No I’m not! It’s just that I am not used to places like these!”, Alice made a sound argument. “And what about him!”

“Me?”, Willow laying down on the beach, letting his body absorb the sun. “I’m here because there ain’t really anything to do, and also, I ain’t not kid anymore.”

“I see, it is acceptable. So what is your excuse for joining me in the shadows?”, I turned to Alice, still questioning her.

“I’ve never really been a fan of being outside, okay?!” , she finally admitted being a shut-in, her cheeks flushed red.

She curled up into a small ball to make sure nobody would notice her, copying the same move as me.

From the side I could see her chest being held by her white bikini, neither too small or too large, almost perfect sized and shaped. Her long blonde hair seemed to have grown to the point where it reached her waist and beyond, which wasn't like before.

“What are you looking at?!”, Alice noticed my gaze, and hid her body, using her hands to cover her chest and legs, although she wasn’t actually naked.

“You know, it’s useless trying to cover yourself since you’re technically wearing nothing but your undergarments”

“Khh….”, I seem to have hit a nerve on Alice. “What would you understand, there’s a difference between those two!?”

“Well, I guess I wouldn’t be able to understand. Considering I’m a guy and all.”, I gave up prying any further knowing full well that the continuation of this conversation would be meaningless, and watched the scene unfold before me.

Gray and Silvet were both doing some sort of unholy summonings in the water, or maybe they were playing pretend which would be questionable for their age.

And on the other side, I burned the sight of five girls playing with one another, and splashing around in the water all of them in their swimsuits. 

Athena wore a simple white frilled bikini, her small body and silver hair contrasted perfectly the definition of ‘Innocence’.

Azure in the other hand, wore a black bikini instead, her voluptuous chest was covered by a thin article of cloth, which gave her an indecent air about her which is quite the contrary of her personality.

According to Alice and Athena, she refused to wear all clothes presented to her while shopping. Her excuse was. “Why do I need to wear clothes, they get in the way!”, and so on.

The twins wore a black and white combination of a swimsuit, a simple design but quite effective.

Although this was quite a cure for the sore eye, I didn’t really feel attracted to it.

‘Now that I am thinking about it, my sexual urges aren’t as effective as the ones I’ve had.’

Although I was able to get sexually aroused, the desire to do so wasn’t as much as the ones back on earth.

I don’t want to go into too much detail, but let’s just say that my hand always moved to the one certain location every day at night time… and if I was feeling playful, at the morning too. 

But for some reason, I haven’t been feeling much like it recently. Or rather, ever since I came here.

Is it because I was a ‘Soul’? Well, spirits and ghosts are theoretically wandering souls, it’s just that their spirits are displayed instead of their souls unlike me.

It is both a advantage and a disadvantage, if my soul gets damaged my status goes down. And that’s why I am better off utilizing my Spirit instead.

However, owning the ‘Soul Form’ skill isn’t a bad thing in itself, under the case that my spirit form get destroyed, I could use my Soul instead. And if I had a fully materialized body with flesh and bones, I could use my soul under the case I’d die again.

But did me being dead make me less sexually active?

‘Meh, I don’t really care. It’s unimportant right now.’, I thought driving away the useless thought, when I realized that Alice was stealing glances at me.

Her gold colored eyes would look at me very now and then, which made me ask myself if there was anything wrong with me.

At first I thought it was revenge for me looking at her, I too wasn’t wearing much but a pair of shorts and nothing else.

“What are you looking at?”, I finally made her conscious of it, she blushed for a second and turned her head around. 

“Nothing… it’s just…”, her voice reduced to nothing but a whisper.

“You come from another world right? How was it in that world?”, she asked.

“Didn’t I already tell you?”

“You didn’t go into detail.”

“I see.”, I thought back on my memories. “Okay I’ll tell you about it.”

“Oh, this might be interesting.”, Willow joined in on the listening, like a child in a campfire.

‘Their expectations are a little too high.’

“So, in my world technology is highly advanced, well not too much, but considerably high.”, I explained vaguely. “Are there like Blades made out of pure fire?”, Willow asked.

“Uh no, they don’t use swords anymore.”

“Eh? Really? Do they use magic only now?”, Willow asked. “No, there is no magic in my world.”

“”What?!””, the two were surprised by this fact. “Then what do humans do about monsters?!”

“Nothing, they don’t exist.”

““!!!””, Alice and Willow were extremely surprised, they couldn’t begin to fathom a world without monsters, since this world had always been haunted by them.

“There are also no other races, there are only humans. No elves, dwarves nor Demi-Humans. The everyday of the people consisted of doing the same thing over and over every day, always the same thing never ending. The streets are always filled of people heading to their jobs, some earning barely enough to get by, while others pick up what little they can. Humans created amazing machinery, since magic doesn’t exist they use machines and electrical devices instead. There are many ways of entertainment, from Tabletop games, to virtual world generated by computers. Video games of all genres, from MMO’s up to the best of FPS. But people can barely find any time to spend on those things, they’re bound by the task of keeping themselves alive, and for that they have to work everyday. Some people have the luck of having received the needed education to follow their dreams, while others were forced into jobs that barely pay enough for bills, and those people are bound by those jobs because if they let go, they won’t be able to survive. Eventually you lead a life where you’re forced to waste eighty percent of it working without ever doing anything in your life that is worthwhile and then you lead a life full of nothing but regrets, you’ll start asking yourself ‘why didn’t I do anything sooner?’ or ‘It’s all ‘blank’ fault!’, and you’ll start blaming others for your misfortune. But at the end of the day, you know it is you who is to blame for everything.”

Alice and Willow stared at me, their eyes seemed to be sort of confused by everything I just explained.

“Forget everything I’ve just said, it’s not really the best things of that world.”, I brushed away the topic, as I cast my eyes down.

“Shiro.”

“What is it?”

“How was your life, before you died?”

“…”

“…”

“… would you like to know?”

Alice nodded.

“Okay, I’ll tell you, a little about myself, back when...”

I was alive.

 

Happy new Year! My cousin bothered my ass the whole day! My parents excuse for that bug being in my room was "He loves you so much he wants to spend time with you--" BULLSHIT!!! That little bastard spent the whole day bossing me around saying "Let me play minecratf", "Put on that video for me.". And! He doesn't even ask, he takes my stuff, and my parents say "Stop being Greedy", what do you mean!? Me? Greedy? Have you ever bothered to open your eyes? My cousin is 10 years old, he should be old enough to at least know that he is bothering someone, at his age all I did was play games and keep myself in a corner, not bothering anyone!

Anyways, I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter, I am unable to play Genthin. properly because my phone keeps crashing, I normally play on the pc, but I'm in holidays in my homeland, so my hardest task is trying to fight one Hilichurl!

Today came out the first and second episode of Mushoku Tensei, I don't know why people are sort of causing a big fuss about it, saying "This is the isekais of isekai!" or "This will change the whole genre". I wanted to read the webnovel, but its too long, and I think I'll watch the anime rather.

Regardless of all that, A happy new Year to all of you! And I'll see you next chapter!

14