The Prince
107 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Puhahahahah!!" 
"Ahh..  how did you become like this?"

I ignore that mocking laugh and continue to massage my hurting temple. I want to stop drinking, but I want him to shut his mouth more.

"Really, how come all the things you love hate you?"
"That time when you eat spicy food too, your body can't stand it but you still stuff it in your mouth!"
"Milk, coffee, spicy dish, and alcohol, you know you have a low tolerance in them but you still force yourself to eat... on a large portion at that! just because you love it!"
"Now look at you, struggling with the pain."
"What are you? An M?"

"Oh just shut up already..."

"Okay, okay, here, did you a drink medicine yet? Drink more water then go to sleep."
"I'll call in sick, you look horrible right now. I don't think you can handle working like this."
"Here let me help you, just get some rest and be careful next time, hmm?"

 

‡‡

 

For once, my hellish princess training teacher is giving me some day off.

Honestly, I'm really grateful for that. Finally I get a break. Free from that lesson full of tiring etiquette. But now that I have many free time, I easily get bored.

After roaming around the library, I still haven't find anything interesting. Evelyn already read almost all of the book here. The only book that I haven't read is the grimoire, as I don't have any magic power that required to open it.

I let out a sigh.

I'm bored, and I can't do anything I like. 

Yesterday, when I tried to cook, Irwin and other servants object it strongly. Whatever excuse I made or tell them how much I long to cook, they won't bug. Saying that a lady shouldn't be in the kitchen. And making an absurd story of how dangerous that place can be.

Like seriously,  how old do you think I am to believe in that?

In the end they let me 'cook' a non-harmful food in the dining room. The non-harmful food they said is a sandwich. In which the ingredients is already pre-cutted and cooked. Yes. All I need to do is stack it and done.

Obviously it did not satisfy me.

Too tired to argue, I went back to my room after eating. Just like that, I spend the rest of the day sleeping.

Today, Even though I decided to laze around in my room, Irwin wouldn't let me. After constantly urged by Irwin, I finally came out of my room in the afternoon. And here I am, sitting in the library, feeling bored, not knowing what to do.

How about training?
No.
Training myself to be powerful like other protagonist in the novel is out of questions. I can't use magic, and physical training can only be done when I have my self defense lesson, with instructor looking after me.

I can't go out to town either. 
If I wanted to, I have to ask father's permission. Which is such a hassle.

All in all, there is nothing I can do to ease my boredom. Being a Lady is annoying.

"How about having some tea to relax, my lady?" Irwin suggest, sensing my sour mood.

"Haaaa......"
I planted my head in the thick book I just skimmed. My hair tied up in a messy bun, and this beige dress I wore had a slight crease from tossing around in bed. 
Showing such unladylike side, surely, my etiquette teacher will reprimand me. But hey, it's my day off.

"Noo... I had enough of that..."
"Why did you wake me up... I don't have to deal with this if I'm asleep..."

"... I'm sorry, but My lady have been  sleeping for a day. It's not good for your body to stay in the bed for too long." 
"Beside, his Highness the crown prince will be visiting for a dinner later. Lady Evelyn should get ready for that." Like always, even when he apologies he continue to reprimand me and reminding me about my schedule.

"We still have six hour until dinner!" I look at him in disbelief. But to my protest, he calmly shut me.

"At least please dressed properly in case His Highness visits early."

"Ah there is no way, he probably busy working on state affairs"

"But there is a possibility he finished his duty earlier, no?"

"Ugh..." Ignoring him, I take another random book on the desk and read it.

The book I got is about the kingdom's specialty. Now that I think about it, Our Duchy is suitable place to grow grapes. Many people here have their own vineyard and our local are expert at winery. Because of  that we produced many well-known wine every year. Oh, Isn't great?
My eyes sparkle at the thought. 

That's right! I can drink some wine and relax!

"You told me to relax right..." I turn my head to my -oh so perfect- Butler with mischievous smirk. 

Sensing something, my butler glance his side as he try to change the subject.
"Mila-"

"Irwin! Prepare some snack that goes well with wine!" But of course, I quickly cut him off. Kuku... there is no way I'll let you to stop me.

I stand up and run off to father's study to steal— I mean take some good ol' wine there. I found some snack that goes well with wine too. It's probably a gift, buut~ let's~ take~ it~♥

With a few stolen goods in my arm, I come back to my room.

Irwin and other servant were already in my room, meticulously arranging some snack on the coffee table. The sweet and savory delicacies is putted perfectly in place. The duke household's fast-working servant sure is something else.

Irwin take the wine I got and pour it for me. I quickly seated myself on the sofa and drink it. As expected of our Duchy specialty, the wine taste really good. I feel a bit giddy as it's been a long since I last drinking.

Fufu fu.. this cheese is good too..

I'm happy with this, however,

I have another sip and took a glace at Irwin and four servant around me.

I'm happy, but I can't relax with this people watching me while I drink alone.

Yup, they have to go.
Without further ado, I ordered all of them to leave me. I shall not accept any objection. This may be a good time to practice what I learn from that training. As a future Queen, —though I don't really want to— I have to make sure my subject obey me, no? 

Although some of it just me holding a grudge because they did not allow me to cook. Still, I pushed them all out of the room.

"Alright then, I shall go out. However, milady, please refrain from drinking too much as milady will have a dinner with his Highness later. Please drink water occasionally too, be careful not to get drunk. And please watch your posture, make sure not to spill any drink and get crumbs all over. Actually, milady, wouldn't it be better if we just acc— "

"Yes, yes, thank you Irwin. Now off you go!" I closed the door before He said more things and go back on his word to leave me. This butler I have sure is something.

I take my fluffy pillow then lazily sit back on the sofa. I eat  chocolate covered almond then take another sip. Ahh bliss~~

I take my time to relax. Drinking my wine then stuffing myself with the snack I have.

After finishing the second glass, I start to think about that guy my butler keep talking about. My fiance, the crown prince, Prince Jeffery Cline Valencia.

From my memory as Evelyn, Prince Jeffery is a cheerful prince liked by many. He excel in many subject such as politic affairs so he is pretty reliable. He also excel in swordsmanship and magic too. He is strong, It said that he slay a dragon before too.

Hee...  the prince is quite OP Isn't he? Ohh this one is amazing, this goes really well with wine

Anyway, in novel he doesn't look that great. In the first chapter of the novel, as always, the protagonist explain about this otome game.  If I'm not wrong, the crown prince character is an idi— I mean, an energetic, happy go lucky guy who strive for everyone happiness—more to his happiness tho—. And that's why when he find the heroine suddenly appear from another world, alone, but always think positively, and give happiness to other, he fall for her.

Moreover, somehow he believe in love and destiny. So no matter how many people object, in his route, he resolutely break his previous engagement with the Duke's daughter and happily married the heroine.

Maybe He actually excel in many things like the usual prince he is, but because of his believe, he looks like a fool. 
I can't say more, he might have a crocked brain.

Right, right, I said 'in his route' because in novel, the protagonist tell the ending of the game for other capture targets too.... I think? Well, it usually like that right~?

The other character in the game is the young Duke, the neighboring country prince the head knight and the priest! or is it the earl? There is also a hidden character too it seems. They all didn't appear often in novel though....

Ah ah! Right! The Male lead in the novel is the famous -wealthy and handsome- mystery merchant who is actually an other neighbor country's prince in disguise!

Fu..  what a long title...

I drank another glass of wine while humming happily. I'm really excited remembering the novel~ 
Ah.. my mind feels fuzzy...

But, but, you see, my goddess is awesome! Even before the male lead appear, she already did many amazing things! She did well act as a good fiancée, her ettique and social skill is top notch! But that guy did not appreciate it at all and condemn her in the ball! Making a false accusation, what a jerk!

She also did many thing to improve her fief, making it a productive place. But that ungrateful brat is jealous and make a ruckus! Well, whatever excuse her knight little brother said to bring her down, she flawlessly debuff it. 
Fufu... take that you muscle head lil' bro.

And soo~ when she make a way to a large scale business, she come across the ML! The ML only help her a bit as she is a capable woman, but their interaction is cute ya know!

Hmm.. What's more, what's more..? .... why I feel like there is something off?

Oh, oh! She also have a friend and ally! The yellow eyed princess! Yes! They both so cute!

Woopsie~ maybe this wine is a bit strong~? Ehehehhe
Okay let's slowdown a bit, Hm~

Now that's the story, what should I do? 
I'm the crown prince's fiancée right? But this prince like the heroine, so the engagement will be broken...

Well, the heroine haven't arrived yet, but my interaction with my so called fiance is not that much to begin with. He always busy with his duty as the next successor. Oho~ maybe he is actually busy bringing happiness to his citizens? Even though his fiancée is here feeling lonely. Hahah what a joke.

Then, should I break the engagement earlier? It's the same either way.. 
The earlier the better! That way I can be free much faster! 
Beside, breaking an engagement in the ball is embarrassing. All otoge characters sure like to show off. Lets break it earlier, after that I can leisurely did my business.

But how should I break it? Finding another man? 
Hmmm... That's pretty good, but I'm not good at flirting...
Should I make a contract so we will be a couple for a year? Ahh but how do I find a trust worthy partner...
Shamelessly one night stand at the ball maybe? But the after effect will be annoying, the rumor and much more, those guy who will come and treat me like a w****. Nope. Nope.

Make a racket and embarrassed the prince so that he will break off our engagement? Should I go crazy? Prank the prince? Spending money and trow things? Oho~

"Hahah that's right, you're genius,  Evelyn!" Clapping my hand, I praised my splendid idea, not caring anything else.

*knock* *kno—*

"Yes!" Fufu thats right.

"Come! Go on and come to me!" I'm gonna destroy you!
"That's right!" Clenching my hand, I strike a victorious pose.

*clack*
"Excuse—"

"I will be free!!"
"Let's break the engagement with the prince!!!"
"Howztha—?" My glaring voice cutted by the sight of Irwin and my fiance entering the room.

I freezed. They freezed.

In this situation, what will you do?

————————————————
Feign ignorance
Run
  > Chug down a bottle of wine <
————————————————

In less than a second, I swiftly drink down a bottle of unopened wine. I ignore the spilled wine and the cry from my surrounding as I pass out.

No need to cry over the spilled wine.
Yes. Forget it. Let's forget it all!

Really, what a way to greet the prince..

That again, why I feel like I'm missing something?

‡‡

 

0