Prologue: Emily Rose’s Origin
462 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~ Prologue ~

 

When I came to myself. I was lying down on a flower field filled with many pink roses. My body was wearing a thin white dress that reached to my knees, while my skin had many small pink cuts.

For some reason I could not remember my past, nor who I truly was. All that I knew about myself, were only two things.

My name is Emily. I am not human.’

"...." Huh~???

Well... that’s strange. After all, I look like a human, think like a human, and sleep like a human. ‘Why wouldn’t I be human?’

This was very strange. Moreover, why am I sleeping on a flower field? Everything about me, does not make sense. Usually children at my age wake up inside their houses, on a warm bed.

‘Does not being human means that I am not like every child?’  Seriously! I should not think too much about this bullish! I clearly am normal. It’s just that my circumstances are special.

 ....

I knew that my situation wasn’t normal the moment I woke up on this world. It was too abnormal for me to pass it as something ordinary.

Everything about me seemed to be shrouded in mystery. Nevertheless, I could not do anything to change my circumstances now. Humans don’t get to decide when they are born or where they spawn from. The route that the world takes decides when and where everything begins. 

A small individual such as me, does not have a say in the matters concerning the world, humanity, or fate.

Therefore, my begining.

My story.

My life.

It all starts in this pink rose flower field, without no one to witness my birth. Nor the fear on my face, as my eyes begin to shed tears of sadness for being born alone in this grand yet beautiful world.

 

“No~! All of this is not fair~! I don’t want to be alone~!”

“Mommy, daddy, anyone... Please don’t leave Emily alone.”

I begun to cry. Shedding many tears on the pink roses surrounding me. Feeding them with salt water, instead of clear water.

It was normal. I was an eight (8) years old child. Children are not strong and wise like adults are. They are not good at accepting reality, since they know too little of life. As such, they have the right to cry and oppose to the unfair treatment the world takes against them.

‘My cries. My sorrow. My loneliness. It was unbearable. I could not control myself. Thus, my tears would not stop.’

‘If only there was someone to help me stop crying. For example. A parent. A sibling. Or someone who loved me. It would have helped me endure the agony that came when feeling desperate for companionship.’

 ....

Getting myself up from the spot I was at. I began to walk around the pink flower field. Trying hard to find a way out from where I was, despite the tears dimming and blurring my vision.

Wandering around the pink flower field for hours, I didn't know what direction to take. All I knew, was that I wanted someone. Someone to come, take my cold hands, and warm them up.

Someone who was important to me. A being who will give me hope to go forward, even when my hope is lost. An entity which will give me happiness.

 

"Please~! Is there anyone~!" I cried out loud.

‘‘Anyone that worries about me~!? Loves me~!? Wants to take care of me~!?’’

I don't want to be alone anymore~! Emily is scared~!"

While screaming and crying for hours, my legs gave up. Somehow, my body felt very weak. Too weak to move again. 

I had not eaten anything since I woke up, after all. It was natural for a frail girl such as me to feel tired and hungry after having wandered around for a long time.

Lying down on the flower field again. Without nothing to eat or drink. My stomach was empty.

*Rumble* My stomach screamed in displeasure. Telling me to find something edible to swallow.

“Sigh.”  Does it looks like there is anything to eat here?

Understanding hunger. I took a look at the pink flowers in front of me with my teary eyes.

Suddenly, an weird idea poped up inside my little brain. Although it was weird and terrible, I had no desire to push it at the back of my mind. I wished to live. To continue existing.

Therefore, I extended my small yet cold hands to grab the flowers near me.

Grabbing a few pink roses. Uprooting them from the dirty ground they were at. I made a bouquet out of them.

Afterwards, I neared them close my mouth, and begun to nibble on them. Eating petal after petal, root after root, until my hands were left dirty empty.

"Terrible~!" The taste wasn't good. But who cared about taste, when one's stomach is empty.

Taking a few more flowers, I begun to eat again.

I didn't stop until my little tummy was full.

 

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

 

A few days after my awakening. I still had not left the flower field. I was hopping that someone important to me, would come to find me eventually. Thus, I waited patiently.

With time, I understood that I could drink my own tears. That I needed to go to the toilet. And that I needed to take a bath to keep myself clean.

Going to the toilet.

Cleaning myself.

Drinking water.

All of this wasn't too much of a problem. I became aware that I was living inside a vast ‘Flower Park’ days ago. There were a lot of wooden signs telling me where to go and what to do. 

Certainly, I wasn't stupid. I knew something or two about the world and stuff.

Apparently, for some unknown reasons, I knew how to read and write easily. This came as a surprise but I didn't think too much about it.

Following the wooden signs in the park, I came to understand many things. As such, I did explore the park a little and found some stuff to help me out.

I found a public toilet.

A large natural lake.

And clean water to drink from a faucet, somewhere near the park's central area. 

These helped me a lot. At least, I didn't have to worry about some important necessities. Society nowadays sure has made things easier. Good thing people don’t have to worry about starving to death.

 ....

Some time later, I saw many people moving around. They were all here to see flowers. Trying to enjoy their day.

I tried to converse with them, hoping they could help me out, but they mistook me for a poor little girl and tried to take me away by force.

Not wanting to follow some unknown strangers who were promising me free chocolate and drinks in exchange for following them home. I slipped away from some bad men and ran back to the field of flowers while crying.

I am glad they didn't follow me to my resting place. Else, I would have to get out of the flower park and find somewhere else to stay.

"Mommy~! The world is scary~! I don't want to ever encounter bad people anymore~! They are scary~!" I said to myself while shivering in fear. 

However, I will have to correct myself.

"I don't want to meet any living creature anymore~!" 

Later that same day. After those people tried to kidnap me, I ran into some wild dogs, got myself stung/bitten by a bee, and almost got caught by some people in blue uniform~! 

Everything was out of my control. I swear, I didn't do anything wrong. *Sob~!*

*SOB, Sob, sob.* That day I cried myself to sleep. Thankfully the pink roses helped comfort me somehow.

 

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

 

I woke up in the rose flower field again. This time a bit better. My fear of everything was also gone.

Instead of fear, all there was inside me was an empty hole. For some reason my emotions were not coming out properly and my body refused to move.

Was there even hope for me to begin with? I had waited an entire week for someone dear to me, to come and find me.

In the end. All I got in return for my wait was silence. 

This is not fair~! No to me~! A child that wasn’t nowhere near at her teens yet~!

"Do I really not have anyone who cares about me~?" This question almost broke my heart and mind. If I didn't have anyone to relay one, I might as well as die. 

Life alone sucks~!

....

Some days after the whole world attempted to hurt me. Nothing had changed. I was still on the rose flower field. Awaiting my knight in shining armor, so that he/her could take me away to a place I belonged.

Honestly, I had nothing besides a name, a white dress and some pink scars. What am I expecting? To have a family who cares about me~?!

My expectations together with my will began to crumble. If there is nothing awaiting me, then I should really die. At least, in death I wouldn’t need to think or feel.

With these thoughts on my mind. I managed to draw out some tears to fill in the emptiness inside my heart. Fortunately, I still held some emotions inside myself. If I did not, I might have gone totally crazy.

"Sob, sob...."

"....Aaaaaa~!!! ‘Tis is not fair~!!" Screaming with all the might of an eight (8) years old. I submitted to my despair.

Things would not get better for me. They will just go wrong and worst~! 

‘Why was I born to begin with, if there was nothing awaiting me~?!’

 

Crying and crying. This time I did not stop. There was a week’s worth of pent up stress and anger in me. As a child, I should no be feeling like this. But when I understood that I will never get to meet my parents or someone who truly loved me, I feel like blowing myself up in millions of tiny pieces~!!

‘Me being alive without anyone to take care of me, is not fair~!’

‘I want someone to rely upon. Is this too much to ask~!’

 

"Hey~! Get yourself together~! Big girls do not cry like babies~!" 

 

Suddenly, I heard a voice coming from above me. 

Despite having a lot of tears on my eyes, I gathered my remaining strength to move my little head.

Moving my head up, while taking away my wet hands from my teary face. I saw a little boy.

He seemed to be of the same age as me. His hair was brown, his eyes were green and his body was at the same length as me.

I was lying on the pink flower field crying, while he was standing up on his feet, looking at me with worried face. 

He looked as if he was really worried.

 

"Leave me alone~! No one is coming to get me anyway~! You might as well as not bother me~!"  

With a childish tone, I harshly told him to leave me alone. Even through inside myself, I was begging for the attention of someone who could rescue me from my horrible circumstances.

 

"What~!? I-I was only trying to help.... I did—did not want to bother you..."

"You seemed to be in pain so. SO~!!"

*HEADPAT*

*PAT, Pat, pat~!!"

"There, there. It's all right. Big girls should not cry, you are not a baby anymore." Despite the girl speaking harshly, the little boy still decided to come close to the girl and comfort her. 

He wished to take all her pain away. It bothered him too much to leave the girl as she was.

Apparently he had taken an deep interest on her. Therefore, the boy petted her head. Caressing her face and hair, trying to calm her down. 

Even if she became angry with his actions, the boy was fine. As long as she can stop crying and being in pain, he is fine with her getting mad at him. He would not get angry even if she slapped his tiny cheeks, because tears were his week point.

 

"YOU~!! Y-y...." She was about to get mad. However, contrary to her angry emotions, she could not get angry. No matter how much she tried, she didn’t feel like going wild at all.

Something in the girl's heart changed when the boy’s hands touched her. For the first time in a week of being alive, she felt refreshed. Her mind and body calmed down to the point of almost not being able to work and move at all.

The entire world suddenly slowed down, right in front of the girl. For a second, it felt like that moment would last forever.

She could see the boy, feel his warm hand caressing her cold head, notice hints of sadness from his face, hear her own heartbeat, move and even think faster than before.

In the time it took the boy to caress the lonely little girl, the girl's heart felt fulfilled. As if it had been reunited with the one who she had been waiting for.

Her knight in shining armor had finally come. He had taken her pain away with only a headpat. Made her heart beat like crazy. And stopped her cries of sadness.

 

Right in that moment, when the boy was close to her. The girl's heartbeat slowed down to the point of almost stop working and begun to work again after the boy removed his warm hand from her soft cheeks.

Something had changed within the girl, when the boy comforted her.

There was something new in her. A new emotion which she hadn’t felt before. Her heart thumped with newfound joy when feeling this new emotion. It simply could no stop beating with the amount of pleasure it felt.

 

"Pain, pain, go away~!"

"Now, it won't bother you anymore~!”  The boy said with a face as red as a tomato. He could not believe himself.

He was comforting a little girl, despite he himself being a little boy.

One more page added to his dark history and one more problem added to his life. Now he cannot escape from this lovely girl, even if he had the almighty 'Author' at his side to reenforce his plot armor.

 

Understanding the reasons behind the boy's act of warmth and kindness. The girl felt like she was about to die from dehydration. Her face became as red as a tomato.

If one's body heat could kill it's owner, she would have died then and there. But this is a dumb reason for her to die. 

Not now that she had finally found her important person. The entity which would bring her great joy and warmth from now on.

 

From this day and in the future, the pupils in the center of her eyes changed to heart shape. She probably will never get to have normal eyes again. For she had fallen in love and could stop the newfound feelings coming out of her soul.

 

"T-Th-thank you~!!”

"I knew someone would come~! My wait for you was not for nothing." *SOB, Sob, sob~!*

"I am so happy right now...." The girl felt happy. The boy helped her recover from her state of absolute despair. From now on. She has someone to look up to.

Someone she can love and care for, with all her heart.

It doesn't matter if it was a coincidence. Nor that it could have been anyone else instead of the boy, to save her from her pain.

Now that she was relieved from her pain, she will desire to love the person who helped her. Even if the act of helping her was just something small. To her this act of kindness alone, was all she needed to stop suffering.

Today is a new day. A day fit to call it her birthday. Cause she received a present from this cursed world. A present in the shape of an average boy with a kind heart.

 

“It was not anything great. I just.... could not endure to see you crying like that.”  The boy said as he gave to the girl a warm smile.

"Em.... sorry if I bother you, but...."

"Your eyes, they are pink and heart shaped..."

"Is it natural? I mean, the eyes." Suddenly the boy asked a weird question, while pointing at her eyes.

The question wasn't your average one, but nevertheless it was a question. It meant that he, the boy, had an interest in the girl. This was enough for the girl to form the most perfect smile that a girl in her age could make. 

The smile of a girl in love.

Alas~! This kind of smile wasn't caught by the boy's eyes well, as he mistook it for a normal one.

 

"Hehe~!”  The girl giggled.

“My eyes are normal. I don't know about the heart shape, but for as long as I know, they have always been pink." Replying to the boy's question the girl was happy and continued to smile warmly.

Seeing her doing better, the boy calmed down too and heard her answer.

He felt better when the girl he was curious about was not in pain anymore. To him, crying and being in pain is not a good feeling. He too had felt sadness in the past.

 

"Then, what about your hair? Why are they pink too? Your hair is rose too."

"I have never seen such a light pink before! It's so beautiful~!"

“You think I can look like you too one day.” Curious about the girl and her rare hair color, the boy continued to ask more questions. It seems this was his way to make friend with the girl.

 

"No, I don't think you will get rose hair one day. My hair and eyes color is unique. Only a few may have it. If they do not have it, then I might be the only girl to have them in this entire world. It's pretty right? Do you like it?"  The girl said with a gentle and fine tuned voice. Trying to leave a long lasting impression on the boy. So that he could remember her, forever~!

 

"Wow~! So cool, it really pretty. I like it but it's a girly color. If I had to choose a color, I would rather choose red. Red is awsome too!"  The boy liked her hair color. It seemed really pretty when he looked at it. However, if he had to choose a hair color, he would choose red. Red haired boys and girls, look handsome and cool to him.

Supermodels and anime boys were his favorite, therefore he wanted to be a bit like them. Since they could change their hair color and had well shaped bodies.

 

Children react to many things that makes them curious. Hair color is also a thing to be curious about.

Sometimes they like something or someone that isn't normal and other times they would feel disgusted towards what they judge to be not normal.

However, we are in the 21 century, people dye their hair a lot. It has become normal to see people with different hair color walk around in every part of the world. 

The girls hair were certainly something to be amazed at. Especially if her hair color was natural. It isn’t every day that you can see natural pink hairs and eyes.

 

"...!!!"

"Thanks.... No one has ever said this to me before. Hehe~!”  Hearing the boy's compliment the girl was glad her hair was pink. If not maybe the boy would not have noticed her at all. 

A difference between other humans, sometimes can save you. The girl made sure to remember this. Then she said: "Did you approach me because of my unusual hair color?! This makes me happy~!"

 

"Well..." The boy tried to look away while blushing. "It was one of the reasons.... I definitly don't have anything against you. Okay~!"

Seeing the little boy, who was at the same age as her blush. It made the girl even more cheerful. The boy was considerate of her. Moreover, he was different from those of the same age as him. He was a bit more wise and careful. Totally different from those scums/perverts who had tried to forcefully take her a few days ago!

The boy was gentle and kind. So was his heart.

Understanding this, she said: "Thank you for your kindness. I will never, never forget it~!" Right at the moment she said this, the girl's eyes shined with a trace of red light before they returned to their normal pink color. This little anomaly went unnoticed by both of them.

 

Scratching his hair the boy said: "That was nothing. By the way, wanna play together? My name is Hiroki Endo, I live close by~!"

Like every child does with what he considers to be his friend, Hiroki invited his new friend to play with him.

 

"Hiroki Endo."  I will be sure to remember. This is the name of my dearest person after all~! "I will call you Hiroki then~!"

Memorizing the name of the child in front of her, the girl made sure that the name was properly installed in her head before saying:

"It's a pleasure to meet you Hiroki, my name is Emily. Just Emily, please take care of me~!" When revealing her name to Hiroki, Emily blushed to the point of becoming a red rose before returning to her normal white face. Her name was one of the few things she had and owned as of now. Therefore, it's natural she would blush to the point of almost having her brain explode when revealing it.

By giving her name away, Emily was giving herself to Hiroki. Under normal circumstances she would never give herself away, but since Hiroki is her knight in shining armor, it's better for her to say it, unless she had already thought of an alias earlier. 

 

Seeing Emily becoming so shy, Hiroki felt weird. For some reason he feels like something has changed yet again in regards to Emily, but he just has the feeling, not the hint or knowledge. As such is the case, he just left her be as she was. He thought that it is better to not ask about her constant state of joyfulness around him. Girls aren't like boys and since he has a little sister, he knows what to do and not do when dealing with the opposite sex.

 

“....”

“....”

 

After a long time of silence, when the two of them were thinking about each other. Hiroki broke the ice with his own words.

"Erm.... I will be in your care too Emily-chan. If you feel any discomfort please say it."

"Shall we play now~?"  With a happy face when knowing he had made a new friend, Hiroki asked asked Emily if she wanted to play.

 

"Okay, we can make crowns and rings using the flowers. Let's play house Hiroki~!"  With a gentle tone from her mouth, Emily answered back to him.

 

"House~!? No, please~! O merciful Emily-chan, can we play something more boyish~?"  Hiroki asked while pleading with a frightened expression on his face.

 

"Nope~! Girls come first. Therefore you get to play what I decide. No going back. You shouldn’t refuse me, if you do, that means you are betraying me." Suddenly the atmosphere around the kids darkened. Emily began to emit the aura of a girl who had found her favorite toy to play with. Even if God himself descended to stop her, she had no intention of stopping herself from playing house. 

She seriously wanted to know how it felt like to be a housewife~!

 

Reading her intention, Hiroki had no time to ready himself. As such, he was forced to take a few steps back while saying: "But~! Playing house is tiring~!"

 

"No. I cannot canceal the game. House is the only game I know and I want to play it with you." Emily said.

 

"Emily~! You meanie~! I will remember this~!"  Like a scared little bird, Hiroki said whatever he could and began to run as if his life depended by running.

 

Seeing his dearest flee for dear life. Emily started to run too, so she could catch him and play house.

The children played with one another by running on the pink flower field, undisturbed by no one, until a certain amount of time passed.

Just when Emily was about to catch Hiroki at his own game. A handsome man got in the children's way.

Unable to slow down the children crashed with the man. Their accident resulted in the three of them falling on the ground and destroying a few flowers while at it.

 

"Ouchie~!" Emily wailed, as pink flower petals scattered everywhere in the vicinity.

"Ow~! Hiruki~! I told you to watch yourself~! If I was someone else, instead of your father, it would have been a different story!"  The handsome man screamed at his son. Reminding him to be careful. Not everyone was a good and proper individual.

“Ouch~! Sorry father... I-eh-eh... I was playing.”  The son said to his father while breathing heavily from his previous activity. Emily was to blame for his misfortune.

 

"I can see that. By the way, who is the other kid?"  Asked the handsome man.

 

"She is~"  Hiroki was just about to introduce his new friend but got interrupted by Emily, right in that moment.

 

"Hello mister, I am Emily, it's a pleasure to meet you~!"  Emily said while taking a long look at what he considered to be her future father-in-law.

 

~~~~

To be Continued....

Hello there everyone~!!

It's me, the Author. This story was supposed to be a Harem themed novel. But somehow, the original script got fucked up. As such, I took pity on the previous work and decided to alter it a bit into another story. Seriously, the original story was better, but I stopped writing it midway. I took pity on the papers used to write this story, one thing led to another, and I convinced myself to use the previous script as a foundation for another story. Yay!!

However, I am new to writting. I seriously don't think I can even amount to 1% of what real Authors are like. Nevertheless, I wish to share my work with the world. Hopefully this new novel, reborn from the ashes of another, will help me grow as an Author.

For further info, just text me, I am here most of the day. Regarding mistakes, please, if you notice any, let me know on the comment section. I will immediately fix it. As I said before, I am new. Therefore, the Sempais have to help the Kouhais sometimes.

Thank you~! The next chapter will take some time. I have to fix mistakes and make sure I do not screw up with the upcoming chapter.

PS: I changed the name from Hiruki to Hiroki. Apparently Hiruki is feminine, as far as my research on Japanese names goes.

9