7 – Technophile Angel
1.5k 12 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

7 - Technophile Angel

 

Sylia's Tower

*Yawn*

Maria: "Good morning sun!" 

The sun smiles back at Maria through her window. A couple of doves fly in and straighten up her bed head returning her hair to just the way it looked before she went to sleep. The Mirror on her dresser floats in front of Maria as she looks over the two dove's work.

Maria: "Hmm... Let's try Twin tails again!"

The Two doves move and braid Maria's hair into Twin Tails.

Maria: "This never looks right with the wings... I know Try a bun!"

...

Maria: "Never mind just make it straight again!"

Having finally settled on her hairstyle (the same exact one she chooses every morning.) Maria steps out of her bed and walks to her room door that shuts closed from its cracked open position as she approaches.

Maria: "Good morning Rainy! Sleep well?"

Maria had opened the door to a girl in a shadowy black robe. Judging from the black shadows under her eyes the woman did not sleep at all.

Rainy: "Haha! Good morning beautiful! I slept splendidly!"

Despite what she claims I stand by my words when I say 'She did not sleep at all!'

Maria: "Great! Ready for our trip?"

Rainy: "Of course Maria! I will follow you everywhere!"

 


Goddess of Wisdom's Throne Room

A black cloak with wings fiddled with the patch panel in the armrest of Maria's throne. Having not found Maria Grim turned to the only clues he would have to locate her. her Goddess World Netherite Network interface or GWNN interface for short.

Grim: "New worlds get all the cool devices... this whole world is running on the c280 World Renderer! Earth has over 6 billion people and it's still running on that crappy OT5 model... Higher Authority needs to get with the times and upgrade already before they suffer another crash and have to reboot everything."

The blue lights make a sigh emoji inside grim's hood.

Grim: "I wonder who decided on Fluffy Candy texture pack for the world though? Oh, there we go! Got it... Let's see, the last answered call... 'Kingdom of Wisdom - Hero summon' Good a place as any to look I suppose... closing down."

*meow meow meow woof meow!*

Grim: "... ill pretend I did not hear that... what a weird sound file to play when going on shut down mode..."

the same goddess who set that sound file was probably the one who choose the said Fluffy Candy texture pack

 


On the Imperial Highway to The Kingdom of Wisdom

...Correction beside the Imperial Highway...

 

Maria: "It's sure nice of Scout Terance to act as a guide for us to the Kingdom of Wisdom isn't it Rainy! but... did he say why he wanted to stay so far ahead of us?"

Rainy: "Haha... Ya, he wanted to scout ahead and make sure everything is safe!"

Rainy waves to the figure ahead of two who is walking ahead on the road and commands her undead ghoul to wave back.

Rainy: "Are you sure you do not want to walk on the road though? It would be a lot softer on your feet!"

Maria: "yes quite... I wouldn't want to be hit by the horse carriage."

Rainy looks up and down the road but only sees her undead ghoul.

Rainy: "Carriage?"

Maria takes a few steps close to the road and suddenly out of nowhere a carriage zips past which would have hit Maria if she did not stop short.

Maria: "That Carriage. wait... oh no Terance got hit!"

Rainy grabs Maria before she runs off to him...

Rainy: "Ah! wait right here ill check on him real quick!"

In the forest, a hunter's shot misses a bear by a few feet as his arrow goes wide and travels over 50 yards away. The arrow coincidently bounces off Maria's shield

Maria takes 0 damage

Maria waits patiently while humming a tune.

That morning the forest of the imperial highway had over 80 unexplained unlucky shots from several archers. when Rainy finally returns there is a pile of arrows lying around with Maria who is standing around waiting on Rainy. Of this is not the first time Rainy has seen this happen... there was that one knife throwing practice of Rainy's where they would always ricochet off a target and somehow be drawn to Maria's shield so this was just business as usual.

Rainy: "Terance is fine! see over there! Let's keep going haha!"

Maria: "That's a relief!"

The two followed their shambling friend down alongside the imperial highway... leaving behind an easily traceable trail of blooming flowers and lost hunting arrows along their path.

 

56