Chapter 1: What I have become
83 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes, and what greeted me was a rocky ceiling wall. I looked around and saw rocks strewn about me, puddles of water pooled about collected from the drippings on the stalagmites above. 

Although there was no light, I could see clearly in this dark gloomy cave. I glanced about until I eventually looked at myself.

A transparent hand.

After a few minutes of entertaining myself by waving the hand about I finally glanced at my body as a whole.

I look like one of those low budget ghost kids who just slightly transparent compared to normal. To be honest, I expected a more... animated? I guess a more cartoony ghost would have been funner. 

I hopped and found that I could float. It seems that I actually am as dense as air so therefore I can float. Maybe my body can manipulate it's density to fit the surroundings in order to float?

I can't test it right now though. I float by and explore every inch of the cavern. After a few minutes I had the whole cave mapped out. 

From the cave entrance, there was a single corridor splitting off into three paths. Each path contained two extra pathways. On the third path (left-to-right) then on the left path leads to a staircase that leads to a maze. 

At the end of the maze I found a large colosseum-like room. On the other side of the colosseum laid a small room that held a lonely pedestal with a round crystal embedded on top.

The moment I looked at the crystal I felt entranced. I instinctively knew that this would be a turning point.

There would be no going back once I reached out for it. So I reached out my hand.

5