Chapter 3: Expansion and Exploration
142 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the establishment of the little ghoul nest, I decided to expand the dungeon-controlled area. Currently my dungeon can manipulate the core room and giant stadium but not the pathways.

So I pressed Dungeon Edit on the Master Screen and begun to select each pathway as a part of the dungeon. With the help of the little ghoul's spreading, I was able to control the pathways in no time. Apparently, places that my monsters have claimed as territory that is adjacent to my current territory decreases the costs a bit. 

I came out of the dungeon edit with 30 DP remaining. Now there are three things I can do now. 

  1. I can start changing the whole dungeon to suit myself
  2. I can wait here for the DP to accumulate to add defenses
  3. Or I can explore on my own

Well the most entertaining option would be to explore the outside so I guess that will be my choice. 

I began to float through the dungeon all the way to the outside. A lush forest enters my view. My cave seems to be in the bottom of a tall cliff while surrounded by forest.

*squish*

On the right side I found a small nest of slimes hopping about. They seem quite happy about something. I wonder what?

I floated over to the slimes. They merely look at me before happily hopping again. At least these new neighbors seem to be non-hostile. I wander through the woods while following a long stream of slimes. Suddenly, a clearing opens up with a small village in a clearing. 

Now, I may say a village, but I mean huts with hay roofs the perfect size for hobbits.

Little green humanoid corpses could be seen scattered throughout the village with a swarm of slimes crawling about. These must be that thing, a goblin village! It seems that they got raided by these slimes, territory dispute?

I watch the slimes work like ants, carrying the corpses up and out of the village most likely as food. Hmm, according to my knowledge, slimes and goblins seem to dispute over territory because they both seem to be omnivorous, fast reproducing and weak species.

I mean, my little ghouls are also fairly weak, but in terms of combat, even my 15 little ghouls could take on this swarm of slimes.

I look about the village another time, but this time I found something. I found small glowing ores! 

Unexpectedly, these ores release a small bit of atmospheric mana! I sneakily nab some and float back over to the dungeon.

Monster classification: H,G,F,E,D,C,B,A,S,EX. H rank would be the likes of normal(non-monster) insects and the like. G rank would be animals like house lizard. F would be slimes and goblins. E would be the little ghouls (can threaten an adult human). D-B would slowly progress to city wiping threats and A-EX would begin to threaten the stability of a country.

6