Chapter 3
473 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
As promised an info dump is here

From Godhood 101: a guide for world-traveling idiots
"... The ritual you take part in and my meddling turned you in a Celtic god, a Túatha Dé Danann, and to be precise someone who will occupy the vacant position of Cernunnos, a god of forests witch domain is centered on hunting, animals, fertility, and travel.

As a god, you will be stronger, faster, denser, and more durable than any human, your senses and reflexes are now enhanced, and no poison on sickness will be able to affect you. You will not age anymore and natural death will not claim you.

Other than these abilities that are due to your new body, you will possess some powers tied to your domain, you will have to discover them yourself, as they are unique to you.

The Túatha Dé Danann are said to be talented in the field of magic, mostly the one tied to illusions and transformations, you should be able to learn it when you find some teaching materials...

...Now that you have become the Head of this universe's Wild Hunt, you should learn about it.

The wild Hunt is tied to the old magic of oaths, chaos, and truth.
The original head of the wild Hunt streaked a deal with the multiverse, and in exchange of power, he had to swear an oath to maintain the universe balanced.

Keep watch of anything that may impact the cosmos as a whole, and for the love of anything that's holy and not, don't let people mess with the timeline, it will always complicate things. Prevent people from turning back the clock because In the remote case someone comes from the future then you are fucked, the timeline will be damaged anyway, at most you should try to minimize the chances they will bring.

As the head of the Wild Hunt, you will be able to summon the ghosts of the past members, ask some of them for more information about your duty, and maybe for some tips or training."

 

May 3, 2009, Glastonbury

I woke up hoping that the last 48 hours of my life will have been a dream, but finding myself in the giant bedroom Lucifer left me in, I'm forced to admit that everything in the last 2 days was real.
As I move inside my new home my mind starts drifting to yesterday's events...

---------- Several hours earlier ----------

After my third reading of the stupid flyer Lucifer left me, I admit that what he said made no sense, I mean if I was a god shouldn't I feel something? I know that right now I have green skin and horns but a god? How could I accept it? I mean he spoke about gods, magic, different words, how could I understand the implications of this?
But I believe he is telling the truth... He moved me through universes, changed my body and made me participate in a magical ritual, only to comply in his part of the deal he wrote, if he wanted to prank me there was a simpler way to do it...
" Why I have to be an idiot drunkard? Nothing will have happened if I didn't try to get a miracle done... Or at least I should have asked for more details before accepting it... I've fucked up this time," speaking to no-one I complain about my life, thinking on what will happen to my old life, how my friends and family will react on my disappearance, if they will search for me, going missing in a foreign country, never to be found again... Fuck, I am an idiot and now they will suffer for my stupidity.
After I feel a tear falling on my hand I come back to myself, realizing that crying over spilled milk will change nothing...
I may never see them again, but maybe I could live a life they will have been proud of, in the end, caring for someone means that you want them to be happy, falling into depression will help no one, neither will atone for my sins as a son, as a brother, and as a friend.
As I force myself to let the flyer go, I try unsuccessfully to let my depressing thoughts go, thoughts that at the end I am only able to bury in a dark corner of my mind, hoping that the future me will be strong enough to accept them.
Searching for a way to distract myself I decided to explore the place Lucifer left for me; moving around I find the study he was tanking about in the letter, and a couple of empty rooms, before finding a spiral staircase that descends to an enormous lunchroom, with an open kitchen and a bar, that ends in a lounge area furnished with couches and a TV of the latest generation.
After reaching the lunchroom the staircase keeps descending until it reaches a basement, one furnished as a gym, with an area for sparring matches and several fitness equipment and machines.
Not seeing anything of interest in this room I return upstairs where I notice the sliding glass door, and after crossing them I find myself in a cobbled area, able to see only another building confining the one I left.

The buildings are alone in what I could identify as a glade, with only an opening for a dirt road, that seems like the only way out from this artificial clearing.
I could understand privacy, but isn't this a bit too much? At this rate, my neighbor should be the Blair witch...
Wait, if magic is real than are witches real as well?
Maybe I should search that armor he was speaking about... Wait a minute, why I am still naked!?! Oh for the devil's sake, I swear, if I became a fucking exhibitionist I'll punch you in face Lucifer!

As I curse a certain devil I return to the bathroom and I take a shower while examining my new body, concluding that, antlers and skin tone apart, it was fucking awesome. 

After I am finally clean and dressed I return to my previous task, picking up from when I stopped earlier, returning outside, and starting the exploration again.

I discovered a pool contoured by sunbeds, deckchairs, and umbrellas, painting the perfect pool-party scene.

Knowing Lucifer he will have used it to have some abnormal parties ending in orgies... and now I am envying him... again. Fuck you Lucifer! Stop living in a teenager dream you horny bastard...

After I had cursed the devil a couple more times, I decided to leave the pool area to scout the building near the main one, one easily identifiable as a garage, at least for the door design.

Finding it unlocked I open it "Fuuuck..." Even knowing nothing of cars and motorbikes I was able to understand the value of the collection I found myself speechlessly admiring, unsure of how to react to another facet of Lucifer's luxurious lifestyle. 

"I need a drink..." I said to no one while choosing the bar's counter as my next stop.

Coming back inside the main building I start studying the hundreds of liquor bottles positioned on the bar's wall, finding an alcoholic hoard comprised of every kind of booze I have ever seen before, form French Cognac to Swiss Absinthe, form Russian vodka to Japanese sake, whiskeys and rums from all around the world, and a collection of every kind of Italian liquor I ever heard of, and they make a shit-ton of them.

And so I started drinking, again, while my opinion of Lucifer started to soar, after all, if you know so many liquors you can't be a bad man...

Let's try this new godly liver

-------- Present --------

Well, the 'not be affected by poison' seems to cover alcohol well enough, I had 7 bottles of liquor yesterday, a bit of stupor at that time and no pounding headache this morning.

If this is how my new body works than I'll have to thank Lucifer sooner or later...

I end up with normal breakfast, choosing to not try to disprove my divine liver resistance to booze, opting for a french toast and a cup of tea, while searching on the TV a news channel to start learning about what is happening in this world.

What greets me is the interview of a shocked and malnourished man in a suit that is speaking

"... I had become part of a system that is comfortable with zero accountability..."

" What happened over there?"A reporter asks in the murmuring that his previous statement produced,

"...I had my eyes opened. I came to realize that I had more to offer this world than just making things that blow up. And that is why, effective immediately, I am shutting down the weapons manufacturing division of Stark Industries." he ends before being taken out of the stage by an older man.

Uninterested in this kind of gossip I keep changing news channel after news channel, trying to learn something else, but I only end up listening to more people discussing the announcement the billionaire Anthony Edward Stark, or 'Tony' as they called him most of the time, made after escaping his kidnapping.

At least I ended up learning today's date

Do you believe Alex should became an exhibitionist before the end of this story?
  • Yes Votes: 21 45.7%
  • No Votes: 16 34.8%
  • I don't care Votes: 9 19.6%
Total voters: 46
9