Chapter 6
331 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
And here we are, finally moving out of the info dumps and into some plot

25 November 2009

Today I decided to leave this house and go to the nearest city to have fun, to celebrate my regained ability to mingle between humans.

I choose to ride one of the motorbikes in the garage, believing them to be cooler than their 4-weels counterparts and hoping to appeal to some of the girls I could meet.

Taking the most sporty looking, I start its engine and leave the garage, moving on the dirt road till I leave the deepest part of this woods, reaching the asphalted road where I start accelerating to see how fast can I drive with my enhanced reflexes.

I soon enough reach the top speed of this motorbike, and I start driving at 260 km/h without problems, zipping past the other vehicles on the street, without even straining my new body.

At this speed, I only need ten minutes to reach Bristol, where I start searching for a good bar.

Driving till I find the nearest decent-looking bar I decide to park and have a drink, thinking that at most I'll move to another place after the first glass.

This bar is neat, not so bad but not so good either, I take a stool and order a pint of beer, thinking of what to do for this night, and as I start drinking, I see a beautiful girl enter the bar.

She moves alone toward the counter, takes a stool, and orders a glass of whiskey.

After no-one approaches her for a couple of minutes I get closer to her,  trying to start a conversation, something I would have never done before my change.

"Hi, I'm Alex, what's your name?" I start after taking the nearest stool,

"Mary, what do you want?" The disgruntled voice of someone being disturbed is what accompanies her presentation.

"Sorry if I am imposing on you, I only wanted to chat a bit, I am new of Bristol and I am kind of human-contact starved." Surprisingly the glamour that I am using to cover my green skin doesn't do anything for my blushing.

"Don't worry, I am usually kind of an asshole to people that try to pick on me while I drink... So you are new to Bristol?" She says with a friendly smile.

"Yes I am, and why you are so friendly if you are a so proclaimed asshole to people who try to pick you up?" A smile appearing on my face while I answer her question.

"You are cute, and I am single now, so I have no reason to not hear you tonight" while she speaks I can see a flash of sadness appear in her eyes.

"Bad breakup?" I say after witnessing that sadness.

"Does it shows?" She asks, worried that something may be showing on her mask.

"A bit, you don't look really happy, do you wanna talk?" I suggest, trying to let her open up, speaking about it always help after all...

"Why should I speak with a stranger like you about this?" She replies not too fond of the idea,

"Because I am a stranger, I don't know and will not judge you, and I will offer you a drink to clear your throat" I explain my reasoning while adding a little extra to push her to accept.

"And why should you do so?" Her answer let me know that, as predicted, the offer has sparked her interest.

"Because I want to hear your story, and offering you a drink seems a meager price to do so" I reply with a charming answer.

"If you say so, I won't decline an offered drink, but my story is not so interesting," she says, using the drink as an excuse to vent.

"Let me be the judge, what do you wanna drink?" I keep playing this game to obtain information on her.

"The most expensive drink of the bar" a grin spreading on her face as she answers.

"Making the most of a gift, you are a smart girl" I compliment her, unfazed by her request.

"Indeed" she takes the compliment as a pro, not even a line of red on her cheeks.

"Well, the most expensive drink for the girl" I turn to the barkeeper and order without even asking what it is.

"Ok... My story... So I was going out with this guy, and he was a total douche, he tried to control me, making me leave my job to stay at home, wanting to turn me in his dream's woman, the classic housewife and mom combo that most men want to marry... At first, I didn't realize it, but he became more and more insistent and after several months I realized that he will always be like that... so I left him." I can see how much she blames herself for her choice, regretting her past relation.

"I am sorry to hear that, no one should be forced to change for someone else whim" a grim expression covers my face as I hear her story.

"You are right, but often we try to change for the people we care about" she replies,

"We should only if they are ready to do the same for us," I say, fully convinced by the idea that people can change a bit for their loved ones.

"True, and now it's your turn" she tries to change the topic turning the table of our discussion.

"My turn?" I fake a confused expression, feigning to not understand where she wants to lead our chat.

"I told you mine, shouldn't you tell me yours?" A grin spread on her face as she answers,

"Sure, but I pretend a drink as payment" I indulge her, continuing our drink and story act.

"The cheapest beer for my friend" this time she is the one asking the barkeeper for a refill.

"Is my story this cheep?" I ask faking an offended tone,

"Let me be the judge, no?" She reuses my previous words against me while passing the beer the barkeeper has finished pouring.

Taking the offered drink I start to think about what to tell her, till I decide to go with an abridged version of the truth, not elaborating on the complexity of my situation"Let's say that I lost most of the people that I cared for because I did something stupid, and now I am here alone, trying to live a new life."

"I'm sorry to hear that..." She pales when she hears about that.

"They are not dead, simply we can't see each other anymore, I was stupid and paid the price for it, at least now things are slowly getting better, maybe things will resolve them-self one day..." I minimize, fully conscious of how much things have changed in the last months.

"What do you say about a night where we forget about our problems?" After taking several seconds to process my remark, she changes the topic once again, this time trying something more direct.

"Are you proposing..." I am truly surprised this time.

"Sex, us, the motel down the street," She proposes, even more directly than before.

"Why?" I ask perplexed about the fast change.

"Both of us need to vent, and I wasn't lying when I said that you are good looking, so what do you say about a one night stand?" She explains her reasoning,

"Sure" I take a second to think before agreeing, admitting that I wasn't against an adventure, now that most of my confidence problems were solved with my transformation. 

After agreeing on how to spend the rest of the night, we pay and leave the bar, moving towards the motel down the street, where we rent a room and take a couple of condoms.

When we are finally alone in our room, something comes over me, the primal instinct connected to my domain, the one of a feral animal ready to pounce on a willing partner, suddenly takes the reins of my mind.

I slowly lose control, turning in a rutting animal, a beast hunting for a prey to relieve his urges, until I am only a passenger of my body, unable to stop my frenzied self from pouncing on her, ready to mate, careless of her safety.

------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up I find myself covered in blood, laying with a mangled body, on a broken bed.

The moment that I realize what I did my mind stopped working, the memories of how I broke her, snapping her body like a twig in my frenzied state, appear in my mind, breaking an illusory dam on my emotions.
And so I scream.
At the same time, I feel my domain respond to my feelings, energy pouring from myself, twisting reality until a flash of light appears, and the room is empty.

A void where the bed should have been as the only sign of this night's events.

6