Chapter 3 – Rockpost Fortress
257 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edited by : Steelz Cloud and Silwen 

 

Rockpost Town

Or to be more accurate, the Rockpost Fortress, which stood tall for many many years defending the nearby villages from the monster rampages, usually occurring every 5 years.

Being able to defend such onslaught from the beasts residing in the forest, it got its moniker of “Rockpost Fortress”. Although it was called town it’s as big as a city.

The reason behind it being a city is because of the ease of access at obtaining mana stones through the hunting of the beasts in the forest. As the news spread about the town’s capability to defend against the onslaught, many sects from the capital established their branch here to farm the mana stones, as well as, to possibly recruit and give their disciples a real battle experience, or something along these lines.

As Nyoko continued along the trail, he encountered many other small beasts. At first, he tried to avoid getting into combat, since he didn't know whether this new life would be short-lived because he fought when he shouldn’t.

 

But although the beast did not give much trouble to him, some of them were to be wary of due to the berserk beasts roaming in the wilderness.

Cultivators have called them berserk beasts because these types of beasts would always be in a  destructive state and might not stop until they are killed by other territorial beasts.

As he was narrowly escaping the beasts attacks, he was able to kill some of them and collect their mana stones which were the size of a small child’s fist.

The sky had already gone dark but he continued going towards the city as the forest beasts at night were very dangerous and more active.

 

After a few hours of travelling, he saw the light in front of him.

Even though it’s night, the wall of the Fortress which is illuminated by the magic lamps1similar to night lamps but they are powered by mana stones. can be seen from a few hundred meters away.

pant pant -Finally, I reached the check post gate.-

“STOP!! WHO GOES THERE!” a soldier at the top of the wall shouted towards Nyoko.

“It’s me, Nyoko. I was with the merchant and his fellow brothers who were escorting him out of the forest to reach the Apols City.” Nyoko responded loudly.

“Why have you come back now?  If I remember correctly, you all departed 2 days ago from here but now you are here, that too at night when the forest beasts are more active and dangerous.”

“It’s a long story but can you let me in? I'm exhausted from all the running.” Nyoko said to the soldier who seemed to be the captain.

“MEN LET HIM IN!!”

He shouted towards the soldier behind the gate who opened it and let Nyoko pass through.

“Hmm.. now care to tell me the story, but first I think you need to rest and heal your injuries.” The captain said after seeing the injuries and blood all over his body.

“Thank you then I’ll rest for a bit.” Nyoko said after being guided by the captain to the guards lounge.

“Good. Rest for a bit while I call for the doctor.” said the captain.

“Thank you, Captain uh…”

“Oh… sorry for not introducing myself. My name is Smith, Captain Smith. I’m the captain of the Hawkeye regiment who are guarding the Fortress and making sure no beasts ever get into the city to cause havoc.” Captain Smith said.

“Okay, the self-introduction is over, you rest here and I’ll come back with a doctor to tend your wounds.” The captain said before exiting the lounge to find the doctor.

-Huh… I was careless there. If I hadn't trained myself in the martial arts back on earth then I might have been in a worse state, perhaps even dead. sigh Ahh.. there is no point in thinking over it, what’s done is done. -

-Well, I have reached the town and I can feel all the stress leaving my body now.- Nyoko thought while glancing at the starry night sky.

“Now that I’m seeing the stars, they are brighter here than the ones I see on Earth.” As he was lost in star gazing, he started feeling a certain energy in the surroundings.

 

“What’s this energy I’m feeling,it’s kinda faint but it’s in the air. My body seems like it wants to absorb them but something is blocking it only letting a small portion of it be absorbed into my body.”

After absorbing the little amount of the energy, Nyoko felt his body regaining some strength and he also felt less tired.

“Is this the energy which helps in cultivating in this world? But why is my body absorbing it in such less quantity even though I can feel that I can absorb it much faster.”

Time passed slowly as Nyoko absorbed the energy or Qi little by little, to regain his energy until Captain Smith came back with the doctor.

“Oye.. kid, I have brought the doctor with me.”

“Thank you very much for bringing him,” Nyoko said to Captain Smith while expressing his gratitude (mainly bowing towards him).

The doctor came and started examining his injuries.

The doctor was shocked after examining his body and asked how he was able to survive the severe injuries.

When Captain Smith also asked about the same thing, Nyoko told him all about the beast slaughter which happened during the escort mission and how he was somehow able to survive from the rampaging beasts while he ran towards the town.

“May the souls of the departed brothers rest in peace.”

Captain said after listening about the tragic fate of the fellow brother and asked for the location where he buried the fellow brothers to burn incense for them and clear the passage for traveling more safely.

“Little Kid, you are lucky that you were able to survive even though your cultivation level is only at Body Tempering 3rd Stage.[modern_footnote]it may seem similar to some other works but it doesn't follow the same route aka reference only[/modern_footnote]. Rest for the night and let the medicine heal your wounds. By morning, you will have a full recovery and can go to your sect.”

The doctor said after applying the medical ointments on his body.

“I’ll follow your advice, respected elder.”

“Good. Good. I like obedient kids.” The doctor said while laughing.

“It’s midnight now, I’ll lead you to your residence doctor.” Captain Smith said to doctor.

After they left, Nyoko was left in thought.

-So, I’m this weak huh. I think I can understand why this body is weak, the Qi is being blocked from being absorbed and the amount which is absorbed is very low, causing this body raise its cultivation level at the snail’s pace.-

“Damn, if only I had a system like in those wuxia novels then I could have an easy way to cultivate,” Nyoko said in a frustrated voice.

As he was travelling non-stop, he suffered from sleep deprivation. Now that he didn’t have to be wary of his surroundings anymore, he could finally let his sleep catch up to him.

When he was about to enter into his slumber, he heard an alluring voice which sounded pleasing to him and allowed him to enter into a deep slumber.

 

“Thy wish shall be granted.”

 

 

Yo, everyone. Looks like we might get system into play soon eh. Nani nani.. will we get onee-san system or a cute fairy system *going through notes* NO GOD PLEASE NO! NO! NO MUSCLE DUDE our system

beep ignore the author's melodrama.

well, the main focus of the note, tomorrow there might not be a chap as I'll be trying to make a map of this world and possibly write chaps for advance measure.  Look forward for more.

 

As before, any mistake in the story mention it on comment, and I'll correct it ASAP godspeed.

8