Chapter 160: Dark Gathering
1.7k 3 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like what you see and what more please drop a FAV, or leave a comment down below, and and a nice 5-star review would mean the world to me, thanks!

Also you can find advance chapters, commission art, and more bonus content on my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/Mark_Ward

***

A Couple of Days Ago!

"Why have you called us here, Corban," a feminine man asked. It was Lord Rory Rosier head of the dark House of Rosier who took a seat along side the other gathered members of the Dark at the table.

There were no more than 9 people seated at the table each enveloped in shadows as they sat around a table. They were the individuals that ran the Dark factions each great and powerful Earls that made up the Sacred Twenty-Eight families, except for one but that was a whole other matter.

The Rosier family where an old family that had roots dating back to the rise and fall of the Frankish Empire before they found their way to Great Britain. They were well known for the flesh magic they practiced as they could change into any sort of shape or form and with many of Metamorphmagus being born in the family. They were well known for the Doppelgängers they held command over and their spying and infiltration skills.

"Yes, I would like to know that as well, Lord Yaxley," a very grimdark man asked who barely showed any expression on his face. It was Lord Perseus Parkinson head of the dark House of Parkinson and the father of Pansy Parkinson. Their family was from Lithuania, the land of the great vampire courts in the olden days before they came here to Great Britain. They are known for many things but most of all their destructive magic as they could cause a whole lot of damage and utterly destroy things. But most of all their family is known for the Tarrasque that they rear, terrifying beasts of great calamity.

"Come now, Perseus, we know each other more than that to be that formal," Corban Yaxley, Lord of the dark House of Yaxley uttered. He looked to be a friendly enough man, but deep down underneath that friendly and kind demeanor was a very dark and scheming heart. His family was from old colonial Spain; after the Spanish Inquisition ended which they of course gleefully took part in at the behest of the King & Queen rooting out muggle-born wizards and witches. They jumped wagons as Spain saw its slow decline on the world stage and saw their new fortunes in the new rising star, Great Britain.

Their family was well known for their Wrath magic and those frenzy beasts they reared.

"Stop wasting our time, Corban, and get to your point," a man spoke up.

"We aren't here for your games," a woman intoned after him. The two people that spoke up were very familiar to each other because they were indeed twins or better known as the Carrow. The Carrow family had a very strange way of ruling as it is two who take up lordship instead of one.

The current lord and lady of the house were Alecto Carrow and Amycus Carrow. Their family was known for its Dream magic and those Dream Eater they command. Their history goes all the way back to Hong Kong when Britain made landfall.

"Fine," the man said with a sigh, "I believe you heard that the Potter and Nott family have gone to war!"

"I am at war as well," Lucias Malfoy shouted. The Malfoy family here in Great Britain was only a branch family, the main family was back in France as Marquis, that was the only reason why this side branch earned a bit of respect when they were just a lowly Viscount family!

"Mhm," Lord Parkinson snorted out loud, "You only have your greed to blame, Lucias. And to make matters worse, you have alienated a House that has been part of your faction for centries and for what, some minor estates! Now we might lose them for good to the Grey faction or gods forbid the Light!"

"What does that have to do with us," Hunter Flint, the Lord of House Flint asked, getting back to the topic on hand. His house was a old house from Hungary before the Turks came knocking. They were well known for the chaos magic they practiced as they could seed great mayhem into any populace and that is exactly what they did during the last war.

"Well they are having their asses handed to them, that is for one," Amaryllis Mort answered. She was the de facto leader of House Mort, a house that could trace itself back to Prussia. Their family was known for the Lunar magic they practiced, and the beautiful but deadly Blue Phoniexs they rear.

"Yes, and very badly so," Corban Yaxley nodded his head, he turned everyone's attention to the massive Mirror Tv up above as he turned it on with a flick of his wand. There were some looks from some of the Lord, but the man just shrugged his shoulder, "What can I say, these Mirror products are quite ingenious and useful!"

No one said anything since they all already had dozens of Mirror products at home and carried with them Mirror phones on their personage.

The images that came up on the screen was both Nott and Potter vassals fighting it out. Somethings was clearly flying high over head, sending back these live feeds, most likely the Yaxley family beasts.

The Potter vassals clearly had the upper hands as they had much stronger and more numerous forces on hand. And it wasn't long before the Potter vassals managed to over power their enemies and take control of the estates they invaded. And then suddenly the images came to an end as the Potter vassals must have started warding off the estates from prying eyes and taking it off the grid.

Silence greeted the chamber where the Great Lords of the dark faction were all seated in. It was finally broken when a very heavy set man spoke up, he was built like a sumo wrestler more than anything. "Well they have only themselves to blame for this, there is a reason why there the saying; Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon! That young new Lord of House Nott only has himself to blame for what he did," the big man laughed out loud.

He was the one and only Lord of House Bulstrode, Kaiden Bulstrode! His daughter Millicent Bulstrode was in her fourth year as a Slytherin student. Their family came from Rus' before the Mongolian horde made short work of that old civilization. They were well known for the gravity magic they were proficient in and the metallic bulls called the Gorgon that they reared.

There were many nods of heads that were shared around the table as they were all in agreement. This was the way that the Dark faction operated utterly heartless and cruel to both enemies and foes, they would rather see each other fall than left a hand.

"Well if this was all, some Nott family vassals lands and estates being lost to the enemy, then I wouldn't have called you here, my lords and ladies," the Lord Yaxley.

"So are you telling us there is more?" Lord Flint asked.

"Yes," the man answered as this time a view of the Nott family's tower came up on the screen. The place was being over run by legionaries and mercenaries and then as quickly as they conquered it they were out.

Everyone shared confused looks with each other, why would you leave a conquered prize just like that especially one as grand as another family's wizarding tower. That was until the tower exploded sky high, some folks in the chamber flinched back while others had their mouths hanging open.

"When was this?" Lord Parkinson was the first to speak up.

"And what did the Nott family do in relation because I know I wouldn't be taking it down lying as my family shining achievement is destroyed?" Lady Mort asked.

"They have decided to attack the Griffin Fort," the man answered.

"Now that is just idiotic," Lord Bulstrode shook his head as he folded his arms across his chest.

"Yes, the first round as been waged and they came out more bloodier than the Potters, the second round is being waged as we speak and things aren't looking good!"

"How so?" Lord Rosier inquired.

"The Greengrass decided to interfere!"

"You got to be kidding me, did he offend them too?" Lord Mort asked rhetorically, expecting no answer, but instead getting one.

"Yes," Lord Yaxley simply answered. "And it seems like they have formed an alliance of sorts while we weren't looking!"

"Well, he really dug his own grave now," Lord Flint shook his head, "two Earl houses are seeking his blood?!"

"Still we need to do something, before it is too late. We have already lost two families now, we can not lose a third in a row!"

"What about me?" Lucius asked shrilly. "The Blacks are at our door right now!"

"So," Lord Yaxley as his eyes were empty. "You are just a Viscount, you are of no importance. For too long we have put up with you, but I believe I speak for everyone when I say, no more! You cost us a firm backer of the Dark, one of the Sacred twenty-eight! You a viscount are no satisfactory exchange for such a stemmed and ancient house!"

"Do you know who my family's ma..." the pompous ass tried to begin.

"We know who our main backers are, Lord Malfoy!" Lord Bulstrode said in an exasperated tone. "Everyone does, uttering their name will do you no good!"

"Then know they will crush you pretty Earls houses underfoot with no difficulty at all!" the man sneered.

"I am sure our lands great and powerful Marquis families would love to accommodate them!" Lord Yaxley spoke up. "Now I believe you know the door," he said as he pointed to the exit.

Looking at each person in the room, and seeing that none were coming to his assistance, the man simply got up while staring dagger and left.

"By Merlin's beard, what an ass," Lady Carrow shook her head.

"I know sister," Lord Carrow agreed.

"Do you think it is wise, Yaxley, riling him up like that?" Lord Rosier asked with a shred look.

"Don't worry, let him try to get his main family involved, the Marquises of our country are sick and tired of the Malfoy interfering."

"Back to the topic at hand then," Lady Mort said, "must we really interfere! The Nott family has brought this upon themselves, and now they can reap the benefits they have sowed."

"If you are fine with losing another family then so be it," Lord Yaxley said. "But we need to be single-minded if we do this, so I call a vote on this matter! All those in favor," he said as he raised his hand.

Slowly others joined him one by one; Lord Rosier who was very much in agreement, Lord Flint who just smiled, Lord Bulstrode with a shrug, Lady & Lord Carrow in unison, Lord Parkinson with a blank look, and with a loud sigh Lady Mort.

"Then we are all in agreement," Lord Yaxley smiled. "Now moving on to the second agenda I brought you all here for..."

"There is more?" Lord Rosier asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't worry this is some very good news," I would like to welcome another Great House to our faction and a seat at this High Table!" As those words left his mouth, the great doors that sealed this chamber shut from prying ears and divination spell sung open.

In walked a young man who looked to be nothing more than a recent Hogwarts graduate.

"I would like to welcome Lord Joel Crouch, the newly minted lord of the most noble and ancient House of Crouch. We have the Grey faction to thank for him assuming lordship."

"What is this?" Lord Parkinson narrowed his eyes.

"I am here to change factions," the young man tried his best to hold himself as tall and proud as possible, but it was clear he was very nervous around these men and women seeped in dark magic.

"What game are you playing, Yaxley," Lady Mort asked.

"None," the man simply answered, "young Joel truly would like to join us."

"Yes," the young man nodded his head, "the G-grey faction has shown to be.... n-nothing more than cowards and sycophant. They not only let the Light put my cousin in Azkaban, but they also let my uncle who was an innocent man be also put away. T-this... isn't a f-faction I would be proud to call my own when they can't even defend their own members."

"Well said, Lord Crouch, well said," Lord Yaxley started clapping out loud. That seemed to put the kid in a good mood as he stood even more prouder.

"Well I see nothing wrong with this, the Crouch family would be a great addition indeed," Lord Rosier smiled towards the young lord taking him all in with a lascivious look that seemed to very much creep out the young lord.

"I love stealing a member from the Grey, don't you brother?" Lady Carrow giggled softly.

"Indeed, sister!"

"Then a vote it is," Lord Yaxley announced, "All those in favor," he said as he raised his hand.

This time there was no reluctance from the other members as any Earl house would be a great addition to a faction.

"Lord Crouch, your seat at the high table," the man uttered as he waved his hand in the direction that Lucius was just seated in.

The young man took his seat looking around at the place showing his inexperience to all which wasn't a very smart thing to do with these sharks and wolves.

"Now let's have a word with Lord Potter," the man uttered.

-----------------------

Dark: Carrow, Yaxley, Rosier, Parkinson, Flint, Bulstrode, Mort, Lestrange(Extinct), Nott(Soon to be Extinct), Black(Left faction, will join Grey)! Crouch(New member)

***

Check out patreon, I am 25 chapters ahead!

Patreon/Mark_Ward

41