Chapter 2 First Crime
32 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Darkness

I was surrounded in a pitch-dark haze,

It convulsed, stretching and relaxing again and again never stopping.

I felt my body slowly losing feeling, my muscles going numb by second, a prickly feeling quickly covered these numb spots like ants crawling all over my skin.

To a normal person this would have been torturous, knowing you’re slowly losing control of your body with an unending tide of needles constantly stabbing you.

But I am not a normal person.

I felt nothing, something as weak as this couldn’t harm me, it wasn’t even worth my attention, I had more pressing matters at hand

One such pressing matter my mind was...

‘What should my name be?’

‘It should be cool right? But it can’t be too edgy....’

‘It also needs to have a nice ring to it and memorable.... eehhhhh’

While I’m incredibly smart I don’t like using my brain too much, I follow the simple philosophy of ‘bully it until it works’. That’s how I became the president of the USA, I just bullied the other candidates until they gave up.

It's more fun than you think it is to wedgy a senator.

“Hmmm” my hum awakens the deathly silence filling the space around me.

“My brain hurts.... ahhh whatever I’ll just make it up there”

“Well anyway” with a slight pause I start looking at my surroundings again, the convulsing haze had slowed down, and some faint hints of colour speckled it.

Green, blue, white and red, these colours start growing more prevalent than others.

SWOOOSH

In the blink of an eye a landscape of lush forests and clear skies replaces the dark haze.

‘oh I’m here, nice’ a smile that goes from ear to ear appears on my face.

‘looks like I’m starting in a forest’

“hehehehehe”

‘there are always bandits in forests hehehe’

‘let's have a look around’ In my immediate surroundings were trees, trees to the right, trees to the left, trees behind and in front of me.

The trees cover to skyline so although I can see the sky, I can’t see any landmarks like mountains.

‘fuck... Huuugghh’

‘Guess I gotta in a direction, let's go south’ and with that I start running south.


On a dirt road in the south was a carriage, guarded closely by about 20 men in silver plated armour that covered their whole body from head to toe, they all wore helmets and were undistinguishable from each other. The armour itself shined against the glaring sun, riding horses that were also covered in similar silver armour. They all carried a long sword and a shield that was held on their off hand, all the shields had a coat of arms that depicted a lion wrestling with an eastern dragon.

The carriage itself was a splendid piece of work, renaissance-esk artwork covered the main body with real gold outlining it. Beautiful gold ornaments decorated it, some depicted dragons while others depicted lions. The carriage itself was being pulled by a set of horses with horns, what you would call a unicorn.

The driver, a man in his 20s, wore a standard butler suit that complimented his youthful face, next to him was a pure white bow that had carvings along the limbs of it. Butler had serious look on his face as he drove the unicorns forward, looking as if his whole life up to this point was dedicated to drive this fancy carriage.

Hiding in the bushes to the side of the road, were a group of people all wearing a black cloak that covered their faces. They were completely hidden, for the guards of the carriage nothing looked out of place, they didn’t sense any aura and the magician in the carriage would have alerted them if there was any magic flux in the area, so the dark cloaked grouped were just ignored.

When the carriage had passed, one of them with a scar across his chin quickly looked behind him towards the back of the group, there stood a man that was different from the others, he only had one arm and in his hand was a staff 

The man with the staff nodded towards the scarred man and started whispering.

 A small green incantation circle appeared in front him, the man next spoke into the spell, “Ready, 10 seconds”.

The man dispelled the incantation and started speaking out loud, hymns and sutras flowed out his mouth, as this was going on the rest of the group pulled out their weapons and started charging towards the carriage.


I had been running for quite a while now so I should be coming across a path. I guess I’ll take a small break and start rethinking about my name.

PTSHHHHH

Lightning suddenly struck to the east of me,

‘Hmmmm it’s a clear sky though, how come there's lightning?’

‘Should I check it out? But what about my name?’

“eeeehhhhhhhhhh..... whatever, the name can come later. This is more interesting”

Guess I got to check it out.


“Your Highness, please stay still! Spells can’t hurt you in here! I’ve sent for reinforcements and for the vanguard to come back, don’t worry” An elderly man with a cane spoke at the young boy in the carriage who was scared stiff.

“Ah damn it” The elder cursed as he looked back towards the battle happening, a group suddenly appeared in front of them and as they were warning them to back off, another group had suddenly attacked from behind and the group in front also joined in making it a slaughter of the kingdoms brave knights.

As if this wasn’t enough lightning suddenly struck the carriage, although it didn’t damage it, it put the unicorns and the Queens precious butler out of commission, so they were unable to run away and had lost a strong fighting figure.

‘fuck fuck fuck fuck, shit shit shit’ numerous curses were spewed out in this old man's mind as he got ready to join the battle.


‘ohhhhh looks like a fight is going on’

‘a couple of dark cloaked folk against some shiny knights protecting a carriage, a really fancy carriage, hmmmm.... I want it’

‘hehehehehe I’m so evil heheheheh’

‘let’s jump in’ and I jump in.

“HEY, STOP!” with a roar that makes the men closest to me collapse grasping their ears.

The people that were in life or death battle stop.

And just stare at this huge muscle man with confusion on their faces.

“I want that carriage :)”

While facing the muscle man the old man’s face tenses up,

SPOOOSSs

The old man suddenly felt the wind blow past him.

He quickly turns around looking at where the carriage would have been.

But when he looked back towards the man that was on the other side of the battlefield, the man was holding a carriage in one of his hands while holding a pair of unicorns in another.

“Tehehehehehe”

‘now the getaway’

SWOOOOOSH

And he was gone.

“…....”

“......”

The cloaked figures and the knights stare at each other in bewilderment, some even talking out loud to each other.

“Hey…. was he one of yours?”

“What? No? I thought he was one yours?”

These two sides that were just at each other throat where discussing which side this mysterious man belonged to.

At this point the one-armed magician and the old man stepped forward with faces full of anger, and then almost as if they rehearsed it they shouted in synchronisation “STOP WHAT ARE DOING AND LOOK FOR THAT DAMN PRINCE YOU PIECES OF SHIT”.

Award silence ensued.

Tsh tsh tsh the sound of armour clanking filled the silence as the soldiers from each side started to split up and form search teams.

The old man and the one-armed magician stared at each other before splitting off,

‘I wouldn’t have been able to handle him’ they both thought as they gave each other quick glances.

0