1. Trash
78 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 In the middle of a busy street there was some people passing by who were gossiping with each other, and the source of the gossip was a tall young man with a brownish long hair and beautiful green eyes. The man was staggering down the street and in his hand was a bottle of strong liquor.
While the man walked, more people avoided him. The youngster himself looked so drunk that he didn't seem to know what was happening, or maybe he just didn't care about it.

And while that, two people were whispering in the middle of this busy street...

"Big bro Joey, why are we whispering?"

"And why are all of those people stepping aside the road for this drunkard?" - Asked a happy and healthy looking man that had a pretty bluish hair.

The one who responded to the youngster was a bald middle-aged man with a burly body that made him look a bit scary.

"Mark! I can't believe that you came here without researching anything and you call yourself a merchant!?"

"S-Sorry big bro, don't be angry with me"

"I'm not angry Mark, but how you don't know who is he? I taught you that the first thing you have to do if you want to be a merchant is to remember about the appearance of the people who you can't mess, did you forget my lessons?" - Said the man looking a bit annoyed.

"Oh! Now that you said, I think he looks familiar, but I still can't remember his name"

"Hey, don't try to change the subject, but anyways, how come you came to the Montgrand territory and don't remember the name of the heir?"

"Ah!! You mean the young master Elijah, the tras-" - But before the man could finish whatever he was talking, Joey covered his mouth hurriedly.

"What the f*ck Mark, are you out of your mind!? How can you talk about a noble like this in public, are you crazy!"

'Shit! I don't believe, I was so surprised with the person that I forgot one of the basic laws' - thought Mark.

" 'The law of Leopos, which strictly forbids commoners of talking bad about nobles in public' "
                                   A law that was enforced by the tyrant king Leopos II
                                           in the year 976 of the Dragmaur calendar 

'and if you are found defying this law, you are condemned with deep treason, which will lead death penalty'

 

. . .

 

Mark was so embarrassed with this beginner mistake that he didn't know what to say to Joey. After thinking straight for minutes, when he finally thought some badly done apologies, the only thing he could say was:

"S-Sorry bro." - He said honestly in a low tone, after all, he couldn't force himself to lie to his brother.

Joey sighed deeply before answering the lad.

"Forget it, everyone makes mistakes" - Joey said while trying to cheer up Mark from his depressed state.

"Well, anyway, even if what you say is the truth, you must be careful" - Joey remarked.

"Since you don't know much about Elijah, I will pass to you the information that I know about him. Pay attention, this is a lesson!"

"Okay!!" - Mark replied happily.

In the old days, the name of Elijah was one worth of praise. Many called him a genius that is only seen every hundred years... However, one day, when he was twelve years old, his mother, Baroness Vivian Montgrand, suddenly became ill, after being striken by a disease that many physiacian deemed incurable. Not much after this, she parted from this world. A few months after this incident, Elijah suddenly stopped studying politics, or how to manage a state. He turned into a wastrel, who wouldn't train the ways of sword and magic. But this is not the end of the story. When he reached the age of fifteen, Elijah started to drink in public and engage fights with random thugs, consequently breaking some stores in the process.

After hearing all of this, Mark was beyond flabbergasted, how someone that was once deemed as a genius ended in this pitiful state?!

"Bro! How can such a genius end up in this state?!" - He asked hurriedly.

"There are many theories behind this. Some think that Elijah became like because his father, Willian Montgrand, married again not much time after his mother died, and that brewed hatred in Elijah's heart. Others think that he became crazy because his father acknowledged his new bastard brother, Darrew. In all of this, there's only one thing that is known truthfully at this point. Even if not announced, everyone knows that Elijah isn't the heir of the Barony of Montgrand anymore!"

"If it's because of his mother, I feel bad for him" - said Mark looking pretty sad.

Seeing that his brother was sad because of a stranger, Joey could only shake his head and think that his brother was too kind, and not much suited to be a merchant.

"Don't be too sad for a stranger. If you keep this way, you will have a harsh path becoming a merchant"

"..." - Mark just looked sadder after hearing this.

"Well, this is one of your good points as well, since you can sympathize with people" - Said Joey with a gentle tone.

After hearing this, Mark suddenly became quite happy, almost leaping in joy with his praise.

 

. . .

 

Completely not aware of this conversation, and heading towards the vicinity of the gates of the castle, the only thing in Elijah's mind while taking a great sip of the liquor was:

"Haa ~"

"Man, I never get used to act like a trash" - Elijah thought while he profusely sighed in his mind.

 

 

5