Chapter 3: Killing
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

phew

A sigh escapes my body as my vision returns to me. The first thing that I noticed was that I was inside of what seemed to be a flat plane and the only thing in sight was a stone pedestal laid out in front of me. Instead of rushing to look at the stone pedestal, I take a seat in a meditative position and consolidate the events of the past few... minutes? Jesus, it feels like its been hours. My clothes were still soaked in sweat from having to face Lexi's insane killing intent.

"Status"

Name ______________
Rank

F + (Potential N/A)

Level

1

Title

The Hated(F rank)

Class None
Blessings Sword Saint(High), Unsung Hero(Low)
Skills Sword Will(C Rank), Clouded Presence(E Rank)
Guild None

Taking a second to look through the information in my status, I realized if I focus on one item, it will provide more information about it.

The Hated(F Rank) - Congrats! You have been designated as a being that has immense hatred being directed toward you. This title makes it more likely for someone to bear a bad impression toward you.

Sword Saint (High) - You have been blessed by a being attuned to the sword. You live and breathe by the sword. You understand that holding a sword does not make you strong... wielding one does. This blessing increases your ability to wield and handle a sword, while also generating the skill Sword Will(C). (Granted by Omitted)

Unsung hero (Low) - You have been blessed by someone who does good deeds, not for the recognization but for the sake of the deed. You realize the importance of helping someone, but you don't feel the need to explain yourself. This blessing generates the skill Clouded Presence(E).

Sword Will(C) - Your heart carries the will of the sword, increasing your resistance to mental abilities. You are able to manifest a will sword that will pit your will against other entities. Whichever being fails the battle of wills will fall unconscious.

Clouded Presence(E) - People see you, but they don't notice you. Unless someone is aware of your presence, it is more difficult for them to take note of your presence.

"Whew. That's a lot to unfold."

So it would seem that I'm meant to use a sword after all... Using a sword leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth,  but it may be my best shot at surviving. After silently voicing my objections, I turn my head to check out the stone tablet.

Level 0
Difficulty Pitiful
Start?  

So it's a level-based test? Maybe it will grow in difficulty exponentially as you go through. As I click to start a screen pops up prompting me to enter a weapon type that i would like to use. Sighing in resignation I type in what seemed to be the best choice for me, a sword. One second later I find what seems to be a steel longsword in my hands. Grasping the sword in my hands I took up a stance that felt all too natural to me. A few test swings later and I found myself absorbed in practicing with the sword. Before I am able to really get into the practice a timer shows up in front of my eyes.

5

"Shit, I don't even get time to stretch."

A quick glance around shows that there is no place to hide or run, so I will be forced to fight on even grounds.

4

 

3

"Damn. I guess I'm as ready as ill ever be."

2

 

1

 

0.

As the timer hits zero, a white beam lights up in front of me revealing a small green creature holding a dagger. Its body was covered in tattered rags and looked like they haven't been cleaned in ages. Its face was contorted in rage as it stared deep into my eyes with a gaze full of unadulterated rage. Black eyes clashed with black eyes as a staring contest ensues between both of us. After what seemed like ages, the creature seemed to have given up in winning the battle of wits.

"GHREUAFEUIAL"

The creature rushes at me with its short legs at a surprisingly swift speed. Too bad this creature had the wrong opponent, a mindless attack will never reach me. As the goblin reaches me it makes a wide swing toward my gut.

Phew

A sigh escapes my lips as I backstep outside of the daggers range, before stabbing the creature in the heart with one clean stab. The creature's body collapses on the floor along with the sound of a heavy thud. My face carried no emotions except for a slight sense of resignation as the body of the creature overlap with a face from my memories. 

////////// ?????? ////////////

"Die."

In a dojo with wooden floorboards and walls, there were two figures. One standing upright radiating anger while the other was prone on the floor with blood dripping from their body. There was complete silence as the only sound in the room was the blood slowly dripping from the tip of a sword in the hand of the standing figure. After a few moments pass, the silence was broken as the sound of someone knocking on the door echoed throughout the room.

"Fuck."

One word softly emits from the standing figure's mouth as they run toward the back entrance to make their escape. Even as the sound of a feminine scream erupts from behind the figure, they never looked back... never.

 

////////// Present Time ///////////

The sound of a notification breaks me from my reverie.

Congrats on beating stage 0!
You have 2 options.
1. End the test and take your reward.
2. Continue and claim your reward later.

The warning that Lexi gave me rings in my head as I decide on the option and click it, another white beam shows up. This time 3 of the green creatures show up instead of 1.

"No timer this time, huh? Whatever."

As I enter into a stance once more, a determined gaze fills my eyes as I look toward the creatures in front of me.

"Bring it."

The sound of combat filled the plains once more...

2