12. Leveling UP
2k 1 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We parted ways very shortly, every single one of us at the gate had probably the same goal.

Grind levels.

It was the most efficient way how to get stronger.

Skills can be always practiced and I have no doubts everyone already did hundreds or even thousands of repetitions to grind them properly.

Leveling up is a different beast entirely… you cannot share experience. So the most efficient way how to level up is mostly solo.

We all were eager to prove ourselves and I was no different.

My class is sword dancer. It is a very good all around class with enough mana to practically annihilate every monster I can meet on this floor and possibly few bellow as well and running out of mana isn’t the worst of the things either.

I also had mana enhancing steel blade, which is known to be literally best in slot weapon for my class. I cannot lose to anything on this floor. I just have to make sure I murder as much monsters as humanly possible within the twenty four hours allocate for every first entry permit.

Fortunately if I do well on my first delve and prove myself capable to generate profit for association they will give out permanent permit for free. Standard procedure. So almost everyone bets all the chances on the first permit and bank out on going wild and getting acknowledged by generating profit.

The first floor Is known to be cycling through insects, crabs, bears, rats spawns into few oddities like occasional slimes or even more rarely spawn something from up to five floors bellow this one.

Bait zones are set as well right in the middle of biggest expanse. Those zones are specifically made and well hidden runes that pull every single monster on the same floor towards them and drive them mad.

It doesn’t work only on insanely smart monsters and because these runes are tailor made for specific floors, they don’t work as well or not at all on monsters bellow this floor.

So the plan was easy. I am currently running towards the big expanse where the bait zones are set up. With all my strength. I highly doubt others will chose this high risk, high reward strategy because they are new. But I know better. Abusing only spawn points even if most efficient at it will never be enough to generate profit to get acknowledged even if done perfectly. It is never going to be enough unless some rare spawns happen which is super unlikely.

And sure enough going through the fastest route that I studied thoroughly I managed to ran past a t section and through last tunnel, where I slowed down only a little bit because it was known spawn point, I arrived at the vast expanse of the bait zone.

It is beautiful, I cannot calm down at all. Entirely excited from the sounds and smells of battle.

Ellie get your shit together… lets get to grinding, avoid the bears or kill few weaker ones to save up energy just to be on the safe side and proceed to murder everything that moves.

Plan was simple. Just let lose. I will succeed.

With that in mind I jumped down bellow the tunnel spawn point and proceed to do carnage.

My passive skill perfect aim which not many sword dancer think is important is well suited for micromanaging my blade waves perfectly.

With each usage of blade wave I get used to it even more and grown bolder targeting as many monsters as possible.

It’s a massacre. I literally slice through them like butter. Even the unfortunate bear that got too close was beheaded in single hit that also killed few crabs that I angled perfectly.

My mana was slowly running dry and I was getting tired, but I still had plenty and it excited me even more and more.

Wait… I have to collect myself. No matter how easy it is, this is a dungeon I need to save a little bit for the travel back. Let me just collect the monster parts for sale and go back. I only have six hours left anyways. Lets not overdo it.

Better be on the safe side I decided it is not worth risking  dungeon claiming my bounty and collected all the relevant body parts into my endless bag. It isn’t really endless but we call it that way because of the sheer insane size inside despite it looking like normal bag. Even then I had to left over few things because it didn’t fit.

Lets go home… I am happy with this.

On my way back I was already picturing the feast I am about to partake in and the amount of money I just made. Best day of my live, surely.

Oh I would almost forget.

I need to step by alchemist to buy status rune. My last one broke after excessive usage.

Also I think I might be able to change class or advance my current one.

Might be worth to keep some money to afford new equipment if I need something to go with my class changes.

With tears in my eyes… I finally made it.

I am a full fledged raider.

Thanks Dad.

Thanks Mom.

Will never forget you.

52