11. Ellie
2.1k 6 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

¨Here you go Ellie, take your dungeon permit and use it within allocated time frame. The guards will let you through if you give it to them but I am sure you already know that, good luck. NEXT!!¨

A man from the dungeon permit office was currently giving me my hard earned ticked for new life.

Which I promptly accepted and went ahead to the dungeon gate.

My life in the city was good. My parents properly raised me and even got me few different masters to train from, some of them really experienced raiders.

They always stand behind me in the life and encouraged me to never give up and follow my dream… it wasn’t easy and it took a lot of hard work but honestly even after they died they still found a way to support me and my goals. Mainly the heritage. I had no idea they managed to save up so much money but apparently they worked for my sake until the very end.

If only I knew I would said something and that’s why I didn’t.

I miss them so much… I know crying will not bring them back but I just cannot help it, every time I remember my caring parents I just tear up right away.

However this all lead to this very moment. I had obtained the very thing I wanted my whole life and I will never forget the kindness of everyone who helped me.

I have always dreamed of becoming a dungeon raider, raise levels seriously and potentially become one of the rarer classes but the privilege was given only to those who paid a hefty sum of gold or through serious deeds acknowledged within the association of dungeons.

I had tried before to get acknowledged only to be miserable after realizing that pretty much the only thing to get the damn association to acknowledge anyone is just by killing a boss level monster that very rarely appear outside of the dungeons and that’s also unlikely because they are sought by the best of the best.

Urgh only remembering about it is enough to make me sick. No matter how well you do or how strong you are nobody cares. Rules are rules… screw those greedy bastards that want to control everything.

I have sort of accepted the unfair treatment to everyone because it makes sense, it would be too much chaos if everyone would be allowed to grow stronger but that doesn’t make it any better to know certain people get the golden spoon right of the bat.

Speak of the devil the person I wanted to see the least today is already smiling and talking to me… just why me….

¨Oh if it isn’t my soon to be bride… Ellie?? Did you get the permit?¨

The man was a wealthy merchant… running into him was unlucky but it is almost a daily occurrence so I am used to it… we used to be childhood friends I might or might not have promised him to marry him when we were younger… BUT THAT WAS BACK THEN WHEN I ACTUALY LIKED HIM!!! Maybe I like him a bit even now but I just cannot get past the bitter feeling that whenever I see him I am disgusted of how easy he has it.

Backed by ridiculous amount of money from his parents, educated by the best teachers both martial arts and scholars alike. He doesn’t even want to raid but he was allowed to at early age none the less…… He is the spitting image of someone with golden spoon. I hate him for that and I regret ever promising him anything.

I might like him but I cannot love him. He isn’t even a bad person and if anything I respect him for that. Not many people can stay pure despite having everything they can imagine.

¨Yes,yes… I got it, going to the dungeon right now so don’t have much time sorry Leo maybe later¨ I smile back and brush past him as fast as possible.

¨Congratulations¨ He genuinely seems happy.

¨You can always count on me, you know that right?? Bye Ellie…¨

I have noticed the sad tone of his… maybe he finally, truly saw through me that I will never reciprocate his feelings. I am sorry but it is better that way. Find someone who will really love you, you deserve it.

On my way past the gate few others congratulated me but I was too consumed in the present goal that I didn’t really waste any time responding. Maybe selfish but I am sure they understand, after all I just cannot wait any longer. My long goal finally in the grasp.

Uneventful walk as I was too consumed by my thoughts to notice anything I ended up at the gate of the dungeon. It was a massive gate greeting me first and I know very well to make one like that takes an absurd amount of resource and knowledge as it boast both physical near indestructible defense and almost impossible to penetrate magical barrier that repels any magic or monster that comes to contact with it.

¨If you got a permit proceed to the guard next to passage and make sure to listen to his dungeon updates, we don’t want you to end up leveling the monsters!!!¨ One of the many stationed guards that was close by and just went outside of his tent said to me while clearly being annoyed.

No matter I am on my way dungeon just you wait.

At the passage place… three other what I would assume new soon to be raiders just like me already eagerly waited for the entrance.

¨Oh finally… If nobody new showed up any time soon I would’ve just let you go guys.. good we waited right? Anyways listen carefully this dungeon is called Stonehenge and it is one of the deepest dungeon that is known to man, despite that it is one of the most researched one and a lot is known about spawn points, spawn rate or even type of monsters possible thus safest¨ He briefly paused to brush his giant mustache and then continued.

¨However that doesn’t amount to jack shit because monsters are unpredictable and daily occurrence within dungeons can vary greatly. Today for example and for the past week we had normal spawn rate but it can change even as we speak, also while we know what monsters are on the first floor and there should be practically no danger to your lives if you take care and don’t charge in blindly and abuse the bait zones properly, sometimes monsters from different floor even many layers different can show up. Great news is we know for a fact that none of this was experienced in a while so should be relatively safe. Just go in and remember what I said. Good luck¨

Seemingly happy with his given explanation he then briefly encouraged us to cooperate and even if we don’t want to, at least to watch each other backs if the need to be arise and some screams are heard. Then just let us in.

Amazing my long awaited dream finally, finally I became a full fledged raider.

I Ellie Rose beginning new life as of today.

I love you dad and mom.

Please watch over me.

51