16. Core
1.9k 6 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up, eat part of the wolf, start feeling full, go sleep, wake up… etc. It took me about five repetition of this to notice the shadows are actually being generated by something still within the body of the wolf.

Now a bit visible as I chew on the belly of the wolf.

I think it was close by the hearth.

Regardless it obviously got all of my attention.

I decided to not touch it for obvious reason.

So with that in mind I repeated my program dozen of times only to be left with the core of the wolf.

Extremely curious about the harvest I just had to check first regardless of how much I wanted to find out what the ball of shadows is.

Status

Name: Felix

Race: Decay Rat

Level: 11/10(-.-)

Fame: 1000

CP: 3.3

HP: 33

MP: 1.1111111111

SP: 10

BM: 521

Skills:  Weak poison lvl.2, Weak disease lvl.2, Decay Aura lvl.5, Disease immunity, Perfect Bite lvl.5, Bullet Jump, !?.Status.?!.,Dodge lvl.2, Endurance lvl.5,Expert Stealth lvl.5, Poison mastery lvl.2, Disease mastery lvl.2

Evolution: Strengthened bones, Strengthened tail, Improved eyesight, Improved hearing, Improved whiskers, Improved nose, Faster digestion, Enhanced brain, Decay teeth.

Okay that’s insane. But within the range of my expectations. I have seen him in fact being overwhelming to a point where he wiped out hundreds monsters in a flash. Not really surprising that much, a bit disappointing even, as my range of expectation was up to a thousand.

Still extreme success and perfect opportunity to evolve right away.

I do think this spot is perfect for it… just needs few, to be sure improvements.

I collapsed the space between the rocks and sealed myself completely from any possible disturbance. This time it is a bit safer to do because the rocks are still allowing a little bit of air to go through.

I had all the time in world and I was about to use it well.

Lets find out what is up with the ball of shadows.

It is creepy seeing as the ball clearly still somehow generating the shadows.

I walked to it and touched it with my whiskers. I thought that would be the safest approach.

The second I did that I knew that I have a choice to make. Either accept whatever it Is that I feel or not.

Not sure what would’ve happened from either choices I decided to man up and accept it.

And at that moment I would soon wish that I wasn’t so readily accepting freaking damn everything before reading its term of use. One would’ve thought I already learned the hard way in my past life…. It’s was a lame mistake on my part but lets just say paying for something you don’t need for a long time will make you surely remember to double check everything you damn sign.

Even that was better because who cares about money… I sure as hell don’t right now but I care about my damn freaking body.

I feel extreme pain. I think it is just slightly less bad than the electrocuted death I went through just recently but the scary part is it is getting progressively worse.

I have to do something fast.

The ball already somehow fused within me and I start feeling that my body just aint cut for it.

I will die.

I know for sure.

There is only one last ditch chance… maybe it will help, maybe it will make it worse but I know it is my only chance of survival.

EVOLUTION!!!!! I dozed off immediately.

Mana core detected. Failed. Mana core detected. Failed. Mana core detected… mana core accepted. Overcharged mana core detected.

Core benefits unlocked and enhanced.

Enough Biomass was collected. Hundred biomass consumed.

The evolutionary overcharge bonus is in effect.

Basic abilities maxed out.

Extra evolutions unlocked.

Status screen upgrades in progress.

Mutations unlocked.

Skills unlocked.

Please select from the choices bellow and make sure to mentally confirm each and every one of those individually.

I was extremely relieved but that doesn’t change the fact I am a sitting duck right now. I still should aim to complete my evolution asap. With that in mind lets just go ahead.

And obviously going first with my path is only logical, not only is it more likely to unlock mutation and possibly skills otherwise not accessible I also need to get a clue what would synergy the best.

Eh? You gotta be kidding me… list of six choices is there.

Superior black rat. This evolution is the regular evolution path but with all of the bonuses of overcharging evolution by consuming great deal of biomass. It enhances every aspect of black rat evolution and gives massive priority bonus to be chosen as mate partner. Extra physical and mental bonuses as a compensation for degradation included.

Shadow rat. Very rare evolution possible by consuming a core of a shadow affiliated creature core. This evolution specialize in stealth and utilize the shadows itself as a weapon. Very deadly and possibly the only type of rat capable of completely erasing its presence.

Superior decay rat. This evolution is further enhancing the decay rat type and uses all the bonuses of overcharging evolution by consuming great deal of biomass. Also gives massive priority bonus to be chosen as mate partner. Some extra physical and mental stats included.

Death rat. This evolution is direct upgrade to the decay rat evolution. It is evolution which heavily specialize into dealing massive damage by continuously destroying the life force of your opponent via its unique aura. It is very despised by every monster and sapient race of the world. However only small amount of death rats can exist at the same time. Currently zero death rats detected, evolution available.

First floor boss rat. This evolution is only available to named monsters and upgrades every aspect of current type of the rat evolution. Max out every skill and mutation currently obtained but removes option of any other possible evolution, mutation or skill obtaining in the future. It also gives few unique skills and mutation depending on the behavior and choices made until this point. Boss type of monsters also get the option to respawn at regular intervals until the dungeon itself decided no longer worthy. Overwhelming amount of physical and mental stats included for the price of no longer being possible to mate.

Ascended rat. No information is available for this evolution. Likely unique personal evolution type. Effects unknown.

What the fuck??? Eh… that’s. That’s just nuts.

Despite all the worry about me being defenseless right now I just cannot force myself to hurry and pick something. There are clearly too many good options.

Some of them even too good to be true….

What the f…. really…

What.

The.

Squeak.

56